Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 61-70 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 357 reviews
on December 1, 2011
I'm basing this review mostly on the 2D picture quality of the set. I didn't even buy 3D glasses and I have minimal interest in the internet app functionality. But based strictly on picture quality, this TV is fabulous. It was an upgrade from a HP 42 inch plasma. The thing I noticed right away is the quality of the picture. It's not crazy bright like the LEDs look in the showroom, but it is very accurate. Skintones look natural and the whites and blacks are balanced which really helps bring out the detail in the picture. Do some google searching for calibration settings to really bring out the best picture (or spend a bunch of $ to have somebody come out and do it for you). THX mode is great, although the colors can use a bit of tweaking to get just right. Movies, sports, video games, and regular TV programming all look great.

The frame of the TV is very attractive too. Very understated and not too big. It fits the TV well.

As for the concerns about fluctuating brightness on these sets (FBr), from what I've read online, this has now been addressed and fixed by Panasonic in later builds of this TV. Sets built after August 2011 have an upgraded circuit board that resolved the issue. I ordered mine in late November 2011 and received a set built in October and have had no problems.

If you're into picture quality, this is the set for you. It's not the thinnest, doesn't have the smallest bezel, and isn't the brightest, but if what you want is a beautiful, accurate, and natural looking picture, then this is the set for you.
on January 3, 2014
This has been a great tv, but at 29 months it fails. I live in florida and trying to get anyone to service this turkey has been a chore. I've already spent about $240 for labor and a new card and I am not getting any closer to getting this fixed. I called off my tv repair guy because I don't want to sink more money into this. I'm giving this one last shot by contacting Panasonic to see what they recommend, but I hold very little hope for a favorable outcome. I think I'm back in the market to buy yet another $1,500 piece of garbage that lasts less than 3 years.
on June 6, 2011
I have owned two other Panasonic plasma TV's and this one, P55GT30, is the best so far. It was shipped fast and professionally. I took it out of the box and hung it on my TV stand and was watching HDTV within minutes. The screen has no pixel errors or strange spotting or splotchy artifacts in both dark and light modes. In fact the dark is the blackest I've seen in HDTV's, but make sure you use the standard/ cinema or some other custom picture settings. So far I have not had to customize contrast or brightness. I will also hook this up to my Onkyo surround sound system and use a separate speaker for the center channel, but the internal speakers in the TV are quite sufficient as stand alone. The TV is linked to my home network and enjoy easy firmware updates and other online options. I have the 3D glasses on backorder so have not tried the 3D features, but so far the 2D is awesome. It is also the slimmest plasma TV I've owned. I would highly recommend plasma as the best HD quality platform and this Panasonic is their best TV I have seen to date.
on February 8, 2012
Beautiful picture quality - Deep blacks, vibrant colors and THX picture mode. As a bonus, Netflix and Amazon streaming video access built-in. This is a 3D capable display, but IMHO I think 3D is just a gimmick at home and in the theaters. Maybe one day, I will be proven wrong, but 3D was not even a consideration when I decided on this model.

Got an amazing deal on this display from Amazon using Prime - No tax, free shipping and returns (if necessary) and fast scheduled 'white-glove' delivery that went off without a hitch. The delivery guys from CEVA Logistics were great - They were neat, mindful of not only their fragile cargo but also my wood floors and furniture, and they made sure everything was functioning properly before they collected all the packing materials and closed up the shipping carton. They strongly recommended that I hold on to the carton in case any issues came up and I needed to return the display to Amazon, but they would take it away if that's what I wanted.

If you're in the market for a new HDTV, the Panasonic TC-P55GT30 should definitely be on your short list.
on March 17, 2013
I had this T.V. for 20months when it completely failed. I did some research and found that I was not alone. Panasonic plasma tvs are failing at a staggering rate and giving the 'blinking lights of death'. Worst of all a lot of them are breaking down just outside the warranty period and Panasonic support is a joke and they are not excepting responsibility for what is obviously a manufacturing fault.
$2,200.00 for a tv that lasts less than two years, I'll let you decide. If you do buy one, get the extended warranty, there is a very good chance you will need it.
Google panasonic plasma fail, there is even a facebook page for them.
on March 16, 2012
I bought this TV before Christmas, but have waited to do a review until a problem was fixed. Soon after I got it the brightness started fluctuating and was very irritating. I contacted Panasonic right away and they seemed at first to be very responsive, scheduling a person to come out and replace the A board the next week. The part however was backordered and it took almost a month for it to come in after many emails and calls to Panasonic. The guy came out the day after he got it and replaced the board and it completely fixed the problem. I swear the picture is even better with the new part than it was initially. Picture quality is noticeably better than my old Panny, an 850U. I have also auditioned the 3D feature and that picture is amazing also. I am not a big 3D fan, but I must admit, it is impressive. Check out Hugo in 3D, great movie and 3D demo. I have not seen a better picture on any TV I have auditioned.
on February 8, 2012
Five years ago a bought a pioneer plasma tv. Once I got it home and started watching programs on it I was blown away by the quality. I told myself that I would only buy pioneer tvs for the rest of my life. Then pioneer stopped making tvs. I have spent 6 months reading reviews and looking at tvs in stores, The next closest picture I could find was in the Panasonic line of plasma tvs. I have to say that the picture quality on the Panasonic is a little better than the pioneer, but the pioneer is a 720p tv and the Panasonic is a 1080p and I mostly watch blurays. I went with the gt over the vt because the vt is not made in a 60" size and that was the size that would work the best in the room that I was buying for. Also I got a December build, made sure that the PDP EEP was updated, which it was, and I have not seen any evidence of FBr. Buy this tv, it is worth every penny.
on January 22, 2012
I have a room with little or no outside light, I was told that is the perfect setting for a plasma TV. My room is 30'X 18' and there isn't a bad seat in the room. There is no loss of picture or bad angle. I also bought surround sound and blu ray player. Everybody that has seen this set up agrees it is better than any movie theater that they have been in for picture and sound. It is truly amazing. Panasonic is so far ahead of it's competition in plasma TV's. If you have the right room for plasma this will be the best purchase you can make. I have been a avid Sony owner until they refused to fix a factory defect in my $5000 TV, I am so pleased, my allegiance has change, The only negitive is that this TV is 3D and I can't believe you can pay this much for a TV and they don't give you 3D glasses with the TV. I have not seen it in 3D because the glasses are about $200 a pair. Hope this helps.
on November 4, 2011
after extensive research and careful consideration I finally "settled" on this model, one step down from panasonics top of the line vt model. My wife and I couldnt be happier with the choice. Picture quality that has to be seen to beleive. I am a novice when it comes to picture set-up and was initially disappointed with the quality using THX mode, however, after about 15 minutes of tinkering with the custom set-up we achieved absolute flawless HD, it is amazong. Although we didnt purchase the television for 3D, we have also come to enjoy it immensely. Great fun, I find the the 3D glasses comfortable and have had no issues whatsoever with viewing range or the signal, simply outstanding. Amazons delivery was prompt, very well packaged and the televesion easy to assemble and set-up. We have the unit for two months now and not sure why we didnt pull the trigger on this purchase sooner. Buy with confidence, excellent product.
on January 5, 2012
I waited and researched TVs for a year. I wanted an LED-based LCD because of the brightness and clarity I saw at the stores. But in my research I kept seeing Panasonic plasmas pop up as the best, every time. I wanted the best, so I got the best.

What I really can't believe is HOW THIN this TV is. It's only about 1" thick, much thinner than many LCD TVs I have seen. I thought I was getting a big thick plasma, and was ok with that, but the bezel is awesome! The bezel has a beautiful stainless steel band that borders it all the way around, and it just looks GOOD! That is hard to see in pictures when trying to compare the GT to the ST or the VT.

I have a bright kitchen directly behind my couch, and the ant-reflective surface on this TV is really cool. It is plenty bright, and the reflections are minimized better than anything I have ever seen. This TV is worth it.