Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Acoutsic Christmas STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2014
I have had the panasonic SD60 camcorder for around 4 years now and I am happy with its recodring quality and the general performance. Especially for a parent that has two little kids,
I want to have a camcorder around at all times to record some funny moments or some accomplishments.

However, as time goes by, the original battery capacity decreased and instead of offering around 2 hours of recording time, it only allows 1.5 hours at max. Apart from that, especially long field trips require a backup battery and a backup sd card not to be left out with a recorder that is either out of memory or out of battery. I learnt it in the hard way. For example, last weekend we went to the zoo and kids asked me to record the animals. But before reaching to the part with lions the battery was flat. So no lions at all which was a disappointment for the little ones. After a few incidents like that, I finally justified the cost of extra battery an ordered this model.

This is the exact replacement of the original battery and is totally genuine. The 1790mAh model charges from 0% to 100% in around an hour and at its max, camera displays 1hr 55 min recording time which is great. This 1790 mAh model is exactly what I had in the original camera. You can go for the double capacity one which costs more and is bulkier but I think this one is pretty enough too (especially if the camera is already over 3-4 years and can fail within a few years anyway.)

I think this is the ultimate solution for losing precious moments because of the flat battery and it performs great...
on January 25, 2014
This model is perfect for my HDC-TM80. When I damaged my camcorder after accidentally dropping it in the paradise-like waters of El Nido beach resort in Palawan, Philippines (my fault), I upgraded to HC-V520 and noticed the battery (VW-VBT190) is exactly the same as VW-VBK180 except for the number of plastic notches at the underside of the camera. VW-VBK180 has 3 notches while VW-VBT190 has only 2 notches. Since I thought maybe I can use VW-VBK180 as spare battery for my new camcorder (instead of buying a spare VW-VBT190 which is pricey), I remove the middle notch so that it will fit exactly on my new camcorder. Well, it did fit perfectly but when I turned on the camcorder, there was a warning saying that the battery was not the right one for the camcorder (implying there might be a problem if I use this). I would have rated this 5-star were it not for this issue. Will somebody from Panasonic (or with fellow users) explain this? I would greatly appreciate any response. Thank you very much.
on September 25, 2011
was going to get a knock off but it was a decent price and the battery really lasts a long time, one reviewer said it was the same battery that came with his camcorder, it wasn't the same that came with mine, mine came with VW-VBK180 Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Pack 3.6V (min.) 1790mAh this is VW-VBK360
Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Pack 3.6V (min.) 3580mAh this one has basically double the milliamp or storage capacity of the one that came with mine, which means it should last almost twice as long( FYI this battery is bulkier than the original) haven't had a chance to see it die yet but I have used it for at least 2 hrs still had power left on and off not straight but I can tell it lasts and a second battery is a must, even if you dont get this get a second before that special memory is missed.
on July 1, 2014
The battery doesn't work with my Panasonic V550. For some reason, this was a suggested item with the camera on Amazon. I got a really good deal at costco that contains the V550 camcorder, a better panasonic bag, and a 32 gb SD card. I would go with that bundle and get the battery charger separate if possible.

For those looking for the correct accesory kit for the v550, look up VW-ACT190. Beware, it's 3x time the price of this package. I'm gonna keep it for a backup bag and the charger.
on May 24, 2017
I went to use this for the first time for my kids graduation and even though it had been on the charger since I received it in February; It immediately showed dead. Worthless
on October 1, 2017
Works and fits as expected.
on April 14, 2013
I got this battery for my Panasonic HC-V10 , the stock battery does not last very long as a matter of fact, my JVC goes through a charge very quickly as well. I looked at this battery, the price was right, the specs looked good, so I purchased it. After the initial charge it is still going strong on that first charge. The battery adds a little bulk and heft to the camcorder, but for me that's okay,those camcorders are too light any way. I use my camcorders with a tripod or monopod so the added heft of the battery does not bother me. This battery works very well, and for what I paid for it I think that is money well spent.
on January 17, 2016
Defective battery. Camera worked once using it, then the whole camera went on the fritz because of it. Shipped the camera AND the battery to Panasonic for repair and they declared the battery to be the issue. They got the camera running again, but sent back the defective battery to us and did not replace it with a functional one, despite the warranty, so I am guessing that this battery is a knock-off.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This battery is the direct factory repalcement on Amazon for as much as the generic ones are on other sites. It works, it fits and it a Panasonic I bought 2 for my HDC TM90. The vw-vbk360 battery lasts longer and may work better for you if you are out away from power.
on November 30, 2014
Larger battery doesn't slide smoothly into place, and jiggles a bit when it does snap in. I purchased because I wanted more battery time between charges. Appears to give longer videoing time. I did find it odd that the battery came with a charge which was about half it's battery life. Thought this was strange. New item so can't comment on long term satisfaction, but I'm happy for the moment.