Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on July 24, 2012
We bought this frame for my husband's relative. We opened it all up to upload all the pictures for her and set it up, so we wanted to write a review because we are so pleased. My husband stressed out reading all the reviews trying to find the best reviews for a digital frame under $50. He was worried by the bad reviews and so he wanted me to write this review after he found out this one is perfect. We have bought several of these digital frames for gifts in the past, and so have much to compare with. Some of the bad reviews stated that quality wasn't good, but it looks good for the price. The wood on the frame looks nice, good quality. It's not the same quality overall as some $100+ frame, but this is a different catagory, and we were looking for this class and it is 5 stars for this price. You can't compare it to something 3 times the price, but it's not a piece of junk or anything. It's a nice frame. It also has language options which is perfect for us because the receiver of this gift actually lives in Brazil, so we changed the language to Portuguese so she can function it in her own language. That's a nice feature! It doesn't come with a USB cable which isn't a problem for us since we have so many, but you may need to be aware of this. You can insert a SD card from your camera though.
on June 22, 2012
The pandigital video picture frame was suppose to be one of the easiest to use. The directions in the book only gave directions to use if you also purchased an extra cord that connected to your computer from their website. It did not give directions on how to download pictures using an SD card. And by the way, the SD card that was recommended to go with the frame, the frame would not recognize and I could not download the pictures from it. So, I had to spend extra money and buy another SD card. I also made 2 trips to Best Buy trying to figure out how to download and use the frame. It took me 2 days. It should also play an extra SD card, besides the pictures that you imported onto the internal drive, but I can not get it to do that either. I was also dissappointed that the internal memory only held 155 pictures. Not very good instructions or directions in the book, instead they try to get you to buy extra equipment. Not as easy as was described on the amazon site and the recommended SD card did not work. Watch out, it was not a good buy
on October 13, 2012
I purchased this digital picture frame as a birthday gift for my mother, to show pictures I've taken of her, the family & her cats over the past years, on the basis of both its cost (a good price) and the favorable reviews of other buyers.

My experience has been a 'mixed bag' so far!

- It displays the pictures quite well, in a number of formats, and allows one to upload & store the images both internally as well as on SD cards one can purchase separately - all good features! (4.5 '*' here)

- 'Programming' the display & the features has proven to be a real PAIN using their built-in, user UN-friendly software, though!
While I can get the pictures to upload & display O.K., switching between the various menus & display modes is rather awkward AT BEST. So far, I've been unable to program it to start up & shut down at the beginning & end of the day! This has proven to be a real headache, requiring both manual shut off & turn on, even after several days of playing with it! AND, It's something I won't be able to get my elderly, HIGHLY technologically challenged' mother to do AT ALL! (1.5 '*' here)

IF anyone knows HOW to get this aspect of Pandigital's software to work properly, please DO let me know a.s.a.p.! Thanks!
on May 17, 2012
As far as digital frames go, this one is great! The screen on it is vibrant and clear, and the frame aroudn it looks well crafted. The navigation is pretty decent for a device like this, and the added features that go above and beyond aren't bad either. The only drawbacks that I can see are that it can't be battery operated, the remote has a small angle of functionality, and the meaningless complaints about the sound quality (it's a picture frame, not portable TV folks). These minor drawbacks are more than compensated by it's superior primary functions though.

I liked this one enough that I bought a second one for my Mom for Mother's Day. If it's good enough for me to give my Mom, then you can assume it's good enough for you! She loves it by the way!
on December 21, 2011
I ordered 2 of these digital picture frames marked as NEW from thefactorydepot through amazon. They came in a box marked "re-furb". Upon opening, both frames were scratched, clearly used & repacked to appear new. They were even sealed in plastic. Seller states they are allowed to sell re-furb as new if items are in working condition. Seller offered replacement, but couldn't promise a NEW item. As one of these was supposed to be a gift for X-mas, I do not have time to go through return process. I attached the silver frame to hide the scratches on the side and loaded pictures from my camera onto the frame so recipient wouldn't think I bought them a used gift. Frame does work fine. If you order from THEFACTORYDEPOT, Make sure you inspect your orders carefully. VERY DECEPTIVE-Buyer beware
66 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2016
Recieved a used unit, without a doubt. It had an SD card already in it, which I thought was odd since that wasn't mentioned in the description. The card had a collection off some other family's photos on it, I assume they forgot about it when they returned it. I also assume they returned it because the remote doesn't work, which I confirm (it does not). Bad unit... worse seller.
on December 31, 2012
Purchased for my parents, they loved it.
It's not the most user friendly but once you figure it out pretty easy to set up. I'm glad I preloaded pictures on it and set up the time/date so my parents didn't have to.

Very easy to transfer photos onto frame from either a USB cable or using your camera memory card.
on January 5, 2012
This pandigital frame is basically the same as one that I had gotten a couple of years ago except bigger. Good thing is that the step down transformer being the same let me diagnose the old one that had quite working to determine that the transformer had gone bad and the frame still worked, so I now have two working ones. Only complaint is that setting up the different features can be confusing if you try to follow the book. Overall, wife really likes them and will continue to buy Pandigital because of all the capibilities, options and picture quality.
on March 22, 2013
I had some doubts, because as other reviews stated, they are going out of business. But i wanted it because it was a good deal on a good size, and seemed to be easy to operate. I bought it for my mother, who is in her 70's, and not very good with stuff like this. I set it up ahead of time for her, and she loved it! It took her a bit to learn all the features, but was able to view the pic's I pre-loaded for her on a USB drive (not included with the frame), as soon as she got it! I want one!!
on September 18, 2013
We decided that these frames would make great Christmas presents for the Grandparents who live in different states. We bought 4 of them - then loaded all the kids pictures onto USB Flash Drives and gave one to each Grandparent to display proudly in their house.

The frame is very nice looking - good quality - and easy to use.

We thought the end product turned out so well, we ended up buying 2 more this year for additional gifts.