Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pandigital 8 inch Photo E-Mail Digital Photo Frame
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Discover it Pixies Starting at $39.99 New Salon & Spa Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition RollingStones Shop Now

on March 8, 2013
Pandigital made acceptable photoframe products - we own several. Be advised the company closed its doors in July 2012 and liquidated its assets under Chapter 7 Bankruptcy proceedings and terminated all warranty and service support for its products.

If you buy this product, you will have NO manufacturer warranty support. We had a power supply fail and we had to buy a universal product to keep one of our photo panels operating.

Correspondence from Pandigital:

"You are receiving this email as you have recently been shipped a warranty replacement for a Pandigital product.

Please be advised that Pandigital, Inc (the `Company'), executed a General Assignment for the benefit of its creditors in favor of Credit Management Association on July 13, 2012 (the `General Assignment'). A general assignment is a common law means of concluding the affairs of an insolvent debtor as an alternative to the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process. Pandigital is currently in the process of liquidation by the Assignee.

Due to this liquidation process any further requests for warranty replacements cannot be honored."
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
I'll be honest, I didn't need the e-mail feature or Wifi. I just need a nice looking digital frame, preferably one that looks like a real frame not some tech gadget, that has a high quality picture and works fairly easily. Set up could be a little easier, but overall I got what I needed so I'm happy with it. Again, I did not need or want all the bells and whistles originally claimed by the frame.

One small gripe, the battery that came w/ the remote was already dead so I had to supply my own. Worst things could've happened. The frame looks very nice, and pictures are beautifully clear. What led me to this frame over all others - the multiple data sources it is capable of taking. I just stick in a small USB memory stick and start playing the photos. The schedule feature works great as well. Overall I'm satisfied.
on January 31, 2013
I don't share the complaints of others, but I have not used the "mail" or wireless features. Mine appears to support at least some of those functions, indicated by the screen showing the "USB wifi not installed" message and wifi indicator on the screen. I've purchased and set up a number of these Pandigital products as gifts in the past. They always seem to be quality products. My experience with this one has been positive as well. I don't intend on enabling the email or wifi functions since it appears you have to purchase the USB adapter. My intention was to keep the cost down on this purchase, and this is not a function I need at this price point.

I use and like the schedule feature, so the unit powers off during the workday and at night, but stays on in the evening and during the day on weekends. It reads an extra 4GB SD card I had, so there was no need to purchase another one of those! And the picture quality looks good to me as well.
on December 14, 2013
I gave this to my mom as a xmas present already. She was so excited I helped her set it up before she left our house. Set up was easy. Pop in a SD Card, plug it in, and you are good to go. My mom lives states away and my daughter is her only grandbaby (so far), so she cannot get enough pictures. This makes it so easy for her. The quality was great, and I loved how easy it was for her to set up and use. Definitely would buy again.
on February 13, 2013
I am a whopped who loves to compare products so I can get the best forenamed good price. This frame was a gift to my wife, who will atmit she is not good with electronics. SHE LOVES IT! It is very easy to operate, the remote makes it easy. I would reccomend it highly.
on April 16, 2014
This photo frame replaces another brand I had that quit working and is evidently no longer available. The Pandigital frame is essentially the same and works great. And the price was half of what the old frame of the same size cost a few years ago. The only problem I have with it is that the remote doesn't connect with the frame for some reason, but I was able to program the frame using the on-board buttons. I discovered that the Pandigital customer service/tech support phone number has been disconnected, so I don't know if Pandigital is even still in business. However, if my other frame goes out like the first one did (I have two frames for different sets of photos) I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Pandigital frame.
on September 3, 2014
The user interface is not the easiest to use, but most digital frames are bad in this respect. Once set-up though, it works pretty well. I've had mine for a over a year, and I've received countless complements. I like that I can use the timer to have it on only during work hours, but that setting does get messed up if there is a power outage. Lastly, I like that this frame has a 3x4 aspect ratio (the same as most digital cameras), so I don't have problems with the frame cropping picture like you might get with a 4x6 or 3x5 frame.
on December 25, 2012
Frame scratched. Edge broken. Remote did not work. Missing screw on back. If I wanted a used and broken gift I would have ordered from Craig's list, or Goodwill.
on December 28, 2013
Read many bad reviews about this product. It is no longer supported as the company out of business. However, it works great and if broken, I would imply throw it out. Good product BUT does not come with anything more then the ability to use a USB to get pictures on it. So do not expect to WIFI them on or anything else.
on February 1, 2013
After trying over and over to get the email home feature to work or even get it to register at the site. I finally attempted to call Pandigital customer support where I was informed that the company had actually been liquidated and that I could not get technical support for this product. So of course I was curious to know why had to select several prompts and why was I even asked for a product number?? I was connected to a tech. support person who asked again for the product number then I was asked where I purchased it from, once I told her Amazon I was informed of the liquidation of the company. The tech. support person said that they were actually a scanner company who was handling these calls for Pandigital. Why are these products even still for sale on Amazon!