Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pandora
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on April 25, 2012
If you are familiar with Pandora, then I can tell you that this app is a good version of the web based Pandora for your phone. Once you log in, it syncs with your account and shows all of your stations.

Pandora allows you to listen to music for free - however, you cannot choose the specific song that you listen to. It works by asking you to specify either songs or artists that you like. Then, it creates a custom radio station tailored to those preferences. It learns your tastes when you vote on songs by indicating either a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down." From those indications, the stations becomes more closely tailored to your preference.

You can have multiple radio stations, and you are allowed to skip several songs per hour (although it is not unlimited).

However, after you use up all of your skips, you can just change to a different station, and then you get more skips for that hour. You can also upgrade to "Pandora One" for a $4.99 monthly fee. That gives you unlimited listening with more skips and no ads (although, in my opinion, the ads in the free version are not too frequent or intrusive) however, there is still a "skip" limit with "Pandora One."

There is also the option to purchase a one day pass of Pandora One for $0.99. That might be something to consider if you are having a party and want to use Pandora music without any ads.

This is a good app and service for someone that has specific tastes in music, and is happy listening to a random selection of songs similar to those interests. If you are looking for something that allows you to pick the exact song you want to listen to, then this is not the app for you.

The app now includes an alarm function that you can set for a specific time to start playing music from a specific station that you want to wake up to. Conveniently, it allows you to specify which days of the week you would like it to work on (for example, only on weekdays). It also has a snooze function that you can specify duration for.

There is also a "sleep timer" that allows you to set the app to stop playing music after a certain time interval (currently 15, 30, or 60 minutes) so that the app doesn't play music all night while you sleep.
88 comments| 5,597 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
I keep this playing most of the time! while I cook, play games, search, or whatever! I can listen to whatever style of music that matches my mood.
0Comment| 3,409 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
music lovers will love this. personalized radio. works really nicely on the kindle too. can access stations you make on other devices too...like your web browser or phone
0Comment| 3,114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
Pandora is a great app on Kindle Fire. Works very similiar to the program used on my PC. The only thing missing is a sound system to go with it, but it sounds very good using headphones,and this new speaker that I;mgoing to try out. Having it on Kindle Fire is great as I spend a lot of time in doctor's offices or hospital, and having my music with me is priceless.
on January 4, 2013
This has to be one of my favorite apps! I like being able to find the genres of music that I like and the artists and make stations that are to my liking. I don't even mind the ads! I grew up listening to my transistor radio in high school and this is better!
11 comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
This app is great. Such a varity of music to choose from. eventhough there are advertisements it still is great to listen to.
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
Pandora is always on point! Never fails to deliver the best music choices in the genres I choose. I am NEVER disappointed.
0Comment| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
What can I say. I just discovered Pandora and I love being able to have just the music I want. there are some commercials but so what, not anymore than you would get on a radio station,(if as many) and you get just what you want.
11 comment| 251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I downloaded this app for my Kindle Fire. I can now listen to whatever music I am in the mood for when I am on my Kindle. Even better, it was a free app! Very easy to download, just took seconds.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
This app allows me to have all of the music I enjoy listening to right at my fingertips! No more purchasing CD's!
0Comment| 363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse