Panduit SCSS4-L Code Conductor Butt Splice, Short Barrel, #4 AWG Copper Conductor Size, Gray Color Code, 7/16" Wire Strip Length, 0.38" OD, 1.00" Length
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Short barrel butt splice connector for repairing or extending lengths of #4 AWG stranded copper conductor
- Tin-plated copper body for conductivity and resistance to corrosion
- Maximum voltage rating of 35 KV
- Maximum temperature rating of 90 degrees C
- UL Listed and CSA certified for quality assurance, meets NEBS Level 3 specifications for telecommunications, and RoHS compliant for hazardous substance regulations
Specifications for this item
|Connector Type||Butt Splice|
|Insulation Material Type||Non-Insulated|
|Item Diameter||0.38 inches|
|Item Weight||0.353 ounces|
|Number of Items||1|
|Terminal Type||Butt Terminal|
From the manufacturer
Reelsmart Automated Termination System
Wire termination methods are labor intensive requiring the use of hand tools which provide: slower production, a less reliable electrical connection, and an increased risk of repetitive motion injuries. With competitive automation systems, each terminal requires a separate tooling applicator adding cost and complexity to the operation. The Panduit Reel Smart Automated Termination System provides a safe, reliable, and efficient electrical termination with the flexibility of a single tooling applicator. Your production will receive all the benefits of maximized productivity, operator safety, reliability, and tooling options that provide flexibility and versatility.
Maximized Productivity and Operator Safety – Reducing Manufacturing Costs and Risk:
- Cycle times of less than one second are up to six times faster than using hand tools
- Automated design reduces operator fatigue and repetitive motion injuries to increase productivity
- Reels of up to 3,000 continuously molded terminals reducing need to change reels, limiting downtime
Panduit Reelsmart Automated Termination System:
High volume applications
Designed to terminate all continuously molded terminals, disconnects, and splices in reels of 3,000 or 5,000 for high volume applications.
Precision terminal indexing through applicator
Allows for for optimum reliability and productivity.
Universal base plate
Allows compatibility with the Schleuniger electric press, and other commercially available bench presses and CST machines.
Quick change die sets
Allow for fast product change over and reduction in setup time; dies sold separately.
Since 1955, Panduit’s culture of curiosity and passion for problem solving have enabled more meaningful connections between companies’ business goals and their marketplace success. Panduit creates one of the leading-edge physical, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions for enterprise-wide environments.
Headquartered in Tinley Park, IL, USA and operating in 112 global locations, Panduit’s proven reputation for quality and technology leadership helps support, sustain, and empower business growth in a connected world.
This Panduit SCSS4-L short barrel copper butt splice connector is suitable for repairing or extending lengths of #4 AWG stranded copper conductor. It has a tin-plated copper body for conductivity and resistance to corrosion, a maximum voltage rating of 35 KV, and a maximum temperature rating of 90 degrees C. This connector has a barrel color coded in gray to match Panduit color-coded dies and an internal wire stop for ensuring the proper insertion depth of stripped conductors. It is Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant for hazardous substance regulations and meets Network Equipment-Building System (NEBS) Level 3 standards for telecommunications. This connector is Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Listed and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified for applications up to 35 KV and 90 degrees C when used with Panduit crimping tools and dies. This short barrel copper butt splice connector is suitable for use with American Wire Gauge (AWG) #4 stranded copper conductor in industrial, communications, and other electrical applications.
|Connector type||Butt splice, non-insulated, short barrel|
|For use with stranded copper conductor||#4 AWG|
|Panduit die index number||P29|
|Length||1" (25.4 mm)|
|Barrel ID||0.28" (7.1 mm)|
|Wire strip length||7/16" (11.1 mm)|
|Maximum voltage rating||35 KV|
|Maximum temperature rating||90 degrees C|
|Standards met||UL Listed, CSA certified, RoHS compliant, NEBS Level 3|
Panduit manufactures electrical and networking products. The company, founded in 1955, is headquartered in Tinley Park, Il.
- Package Dimensions : 6 x 5.2 x 0.3 inches; 0.35 Ounces
- Item model number : SCSS4-L
- Date First Available : September 20, 2012
- Manufacturer : Panduit
- ASIN : B00B5O1IY2
- Country of Origin : China
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,104,148 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #3,263 in Butt Terminals
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|