Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System for ..." and save 44% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System for DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Video Cameras
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Micro-USB Charging Cable
- 1/4 In.-20 to 3/8 In.-16 Thread Adapter
- Lens Cloth
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Effective Still Resolution||0 MP|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 3.62 x 1.57 inches|
|Item Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||10 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||500 Volts|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
The Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System in your pocket! The Genie mini is an extremely easy-to-use device to create smooth panning motion time-lapse or real-time video. Wirelessly connect to the Genie Mini using the Syrp Genie App for quick setup and simple control! Simply attach the Genie Mini to a tripod and shoot smooth panning time-lapse moves using the Syrp Genie App. In video mode the Genie Mini moves at a perfectly smooth continuous speed for accurate panning moves. The Genie Mini packs a lot of punch and is designed to be extremely portable, easily slotting into the smallest of carry bags or even straight in your pocket.The Genie Mini is designed to be incredibly simple and is beginner time-lapse friendly. The Syrp App is equip with factory pre-sets so you can start shooting straight out of the box with no technical expertise required. Just connect and shoot! The Genie Mini is compatible with a huge range of cameras and works with GoPro, mirror-less camera or DSLR. Syrp Genie App is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The Genie Mini is designed to play nicely with the Genie. Shoot next level 2-axis time-lapse or motion control video and add production value to your films by syncing the two together. The ease in, ease out feature allows you to ramp your movement at the beginning and end of your time-lapse or video move. Once set, the movement will slowly rise up to your desired speed at the start of your shot and gradually dampen down at the end before coming to a complete stop.The Genie mini enables beautiful HDR time-lapse, giving your footage a stand-out effect by allowing for greater dynamic range in your final video. The Genie Minis can also be paired together via bluetooth for Pan + Tilt control using the Pan + Tilt bracket. Once linked full control is possible from the Syrp Genie App. Included with the Genie Mini is a USB charging cable to charge with any USB charging port and a 1/4"-3/8" thread adaptor for mounting the Genie Mini on a
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This device refuses to connect. When it does connect, it then quickly disconnects, making my setup a nightmare as I race against the time, trying to force the damn thing to stay connected long enough for me to set it up and start the timelapse.
Despite what the description says, it is only good for timelapse - the real-time movement is not smooth enough to be useful.
With timelapse, the promised ramping at the start/end does not work at all.
Great idea if only one could connect to it reliably - even for a minute - to be able to set up the parameters and start the timelapse. However, it does not work, or work only sporadically. You WILL lose the important moment you're trying to capture virtually every time, while struggling with this device.
Absolutely the worst, as well as the company's non-existent support. It looks like they are going out of business, as well - they cut all communications since last week, not sure if only here or in general.
The app, well it needs work. It would malfunction, turning the wrong way, resetting the amount of travel, causing the app to crash, not show how much time/travel was left, etc.
I've used the Genie Mini hundreds of times, I probably have over 200- 10+ second time lapses from it. I went to use it the other night at sunset. It had a full battery, I went to set it up, it prompted a firmware update (for the new 360 feature).
The firmware update took about 12 minutes (longer than normal). It said completed, then I went to connect it to the app again and it says to charge the battery, it was full when I started. The red camera led (right side) is just doing a double blink. I go to charge it and the charge led isn't going on. It normally is orange/yellow. I tried plugging it into my computer to charge, nothing. I plug it into a portable usb charger, still nothing.
I believe the battery has died, or some other problem has happened. I push the power button, it usually blinks green, but it doesn't blink. I can still connect it to the phone, but it just says charge battery, and won't turn. I've tried letting it charge overnight and still nothing.
For a product to last me less than a year something is wrong. I've emailed them, waiting to hear back. Their customer service is not the best. I believe they only have one person taking care of that. Everytime I email them it usually takes them two weeks to get back to me.
Usually, Syrp products are good, but it seems they may have rushed development or have bad quality control on the Genie Mini. I have the original Genie (and most of their products) and have almost never had problems with it.
1. Smartphone Interface: This works extremely well and consistently in my experience using an iPhone 6s. The setup is simple, the connection instant, and the interface makes a lot of sense. Via the app, you choose the duration of shooting, the duration of the footage, the FPS, and the angle of movement, all of which can be done very quickly. The ability to preview the footage in real time is awesome. I have not experienced any of the interface issues that others have mentioned. It is worth mentioning that you connect to the device via the Syrp app rather than via the bluetooth panel in your phone's settings, where it is not visible.
2. The fact that the system is "all-in-one" is nice - you don't need both a panning device and a separate intervalometer.
3. Size: The device is very small and fits quite easily in any camera bag, though you'll need a tripod, or at least a tripod head, to really take advantage of the unit's full abilities.
4. Build: It's an excellently constructed device from everything I can tell. The rubber feel is soft and pleasing, the buttons are tactile, and the addition of things like the cork padding on top adds a high end, thought-out feel.
5. Video quality: The end product time lapses have felt smooth and consistent. It does its job well.
1. Expensive: This is the only major con in my book. You could build a system that delivers virtually identical end products for half the cost or less. What you're paying for with the Syrp Genie Mini is convenience. Unless you do a lot of time lapses or have the extra buckage to spend on fancy gear, you might consider buying a separate intervalometer and panning device.
2. Could possibly do more: For the high price, it'd be cool to be able to change camera settings via the app as well, or even (though the tech isn't quite there yet) preview the image on your smartphone. Using wifi or a more advanced cable system might allow these features. Of course, could it do these things it would probably cost much more than it already does. Also, to unlock this thing's full potential you'll need a ball head mount on top. Note that using it atop a tripod head that is tilted up or down will give you funky movements (as with any panning head). If you want the camera pointed up or down at any angle, the tripod mount needs to be screwed on to the TOP of the Syrp unit, with the camera attached to the head (see my pictures to see what I mean).
Overall, the Syrup Genie Mini is superb, though expensive. If you love time lapses and want to add simplicity and motion to the process, look no further. Thanks for reading.
Prior to firmware update, it would not work with my Galaxy Note 5. Could not update firmware from that phone either. Once I updated it with an iPhone, it worked fine with my Note 5.
Works great with my T3i, allowing me to take epic 4K hyperlapses. I love it.
(Note: The T3i requires the 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable. There are different cables for this. Make sure you get the right one for your camera!!)
When adjusting the direction, the motor is very loud.
Does what I need to and I'm happy with it.
Sent free for review on YouTube
Most recent customer reviews
I think this was rushed to market without good QC.Read more
After contacting Syrp on the behavior I described in my initial review (see below), updated software and firmware appears to have resolved the issue.Read more
One thing to note, it is controlled by bluetooth and if you lose connectivity with...Read more