Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System for ..." and save 20% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System for DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Video Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Micro-USB Charging Cable
- 1/4 In.-20 to 3/8 In.-16 Thread Adapter
- Lens Cloth
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Effective Still Resolution||0 MP|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 3.62 x 1.57 inches|
|Item Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||10 Watt Hours|
|Shipping Weight||0.8 pounds|
The Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System in your pocket! The Genie mini is an extremely easy-to-use device to create smooth panning motion time-lapse or real-time video. Wirelessly connect to the Genie Mini using the Syrp Genie App for quick setup and simple control! Simply attach the Genie Mini to a tripod and shoot smooth panning time-lapse moves using the Syrp Genie App. In video mode the Genie Mini moves at a perfectly smooth continuous speed for accurate panning moves. The Genie Mini packs a lot of punch and is designed to be extremely portable, easily slotting into the smallest of carry bags or even straight in your pocket.The Genie Mini is designed to be incredibly simple and is beginner time-lapse friendly. The Syrp App is equip with factory pre-sets so you can start shooting straight out of the box with no technical expertise required. Just connect and shoot! The Genie Mini is compatible with a huge range of cameras and works with GoPro, mirror-less camera or DSLR. Syrp Genie App is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The Genie Mini is designed to play nicely with the Genie. Shoot next level 2-axis time-lapse or motion control video and add production value to your films by syncing the two together. The ease in, ease out feature allows you to ramp your movement at the beginning and end of your time-lapse or video move. Once set, the movement will slowly rise up to your desired speed at the start of your shot and gradually dampen down at the end before coming to a complete stop.The Genie mini enables beautiful HDR time-lapse, giving your footage a stand-out effect by allowing for greater dynamic range in your final video. The Genie Minis can also be paired together via bluetooth for Pan + Tilt control using the Pan + Tilt bracket. Once linked full control is possible from the Syrp Genie App. Included with the Genie Mini is a USB charging cable to charge with any USB charging port and a 1/4"-3/8" thread adaptor for mounting the Genie Mini on a
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras and lenses on our review pages: Digital SLR Cameras, Lenses
Top Customer Reviews
This device refuses to connect. When it does connect, it then quickly disconnects, making my setup a nightmare as I race against the time, trying to force the damn thing to stay connected long enough for me to set it up and start the timelapse.
Despite what the description says, it is only good for timelapse - the real-time movement is not smooth enough to be useful.
With timelapse, the promised ramping at the start/end does not work at all.
Great idea if only one could connect to it reliably - even for a minute - to be able to set up the parameters and start the timelapse. However, it does not work, or work only sporadically. You WILL lose the important moment you're trying to capture virtually every time, while struggling with this device.
Absolutely the worst, as well as the company's non-existent support. It looks like they are going out of business, as well - they cut all communications since last week, not sure if only here or in general.
- if you own a genie, this is a must have product.
- clean, stylish, and sturdy design.
- great battery life
- can trigger cameras shutter to do move shoot move timelapses. Really handy for astrophotography time lapses or other long exposure shots but
- very portable
- can save presets.
- very small minimum increment of rotation and slow minimum speed
- Price. Very few people actually need move shoot move time lapses and they would be better off buying a cheaper motorized pan head. Furthermore, for similar price you could buy a telescope mount which offers more stability, pan/tilt, and ability to do multiple camera movements albeit at the expense of portability
- you have to use your phone to control it
- Can trigger shutter but is NOT capable of controlling the shutter speed of camera in bulb mode so you are limited to cameras max exposure.
- The aux port does not work with an external flash, i guess it is only meant to connect to genie
- the app software has some annoying bugs. Often want to stop a shot and adjust settings only to find that the genie mini won't respond to commands from the app.
- app doesn't allow you to change parameters of a shot after starting it. Have to start movement all over again.
1. The Genie Mini senses if it is positioned horizontally or vertically. When vertically the Genie Mini app limits the range of the tilt axis. It’s impossible to do a 360° tilt. This is because Syrp’s assumption is that the Genie Mini is mounted on their pan/tilt bracket and that the lens would hit something. However, not all vertical applications require this bracket and not all lenses would hit. Even if using the bracket what if I want to use the vertical Genie for a camera roll as opposed to a tilt? Nothing would hit but it’s impossible to do because the app does not permit this limitation to be disabled.
2. The app can only handle 2 Genie Minis at a time. One is presumed to pan the other is presumed to tilt. That’s it. I want to use more! What if I want a pan, a tilt, a roll, and use a 4th Genie mini to drive a slider? Yes, I understand Syrp wants to sell their original Genie to drive a slider but let’s face it the original Genie is a behemoth when it comes to weight (I know because I own one) and it just isn’t a good choice for traveling. It’s very easy to adapt a Genie Mini to drive a slider. Please change the app so at least 4 Genie Mini’s can be used on one camera to serve 4 different functions! You’ll sell more units and you can even sell accessories for the mini to do things it can’t do right now.
3. I want to set up 2 time-lapse cameras at the same time. Each with a Genie Mini. Right now I don’t think this is possible with the app.
All these changes are not mechanical changes they only require an app update. Please give us that update!
Prior to firmware update, it would not work with my Galaxy Note 5. Could not update firmware from that phone either. Once I updated it with an iPhone, it worked fine with my Note 5.
Works great with my T3i, allowing me to take epic 4K hyperlapses. I love it.
(Note: The T3i requires the 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable. There are different cables for this. Make sure you get the right one for your camera!!)
When adjusting the direction, the motor is very loud.
Does what I need to and I'm happy with it.
Sent free for review on YouTube
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After contacting Syrp on the behavior I described in my initial review (see below), updated software and firmware appears to have resolved the issue.Read more
One thing to note, it is controlled by bluetooth and if you lose connectivity with...Read more
The app, well it needs work.Read more
I had similar issues as described here with initial app sync and setup.Read more