Syrp Genie Mini Panning Motion Control System for DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Video Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Genie Mini is compatible with 100s of different cameras including DSLRs, Mirror-less cameras and video cameras.
- HDR: The Genie mini enables beautiful HDR time-lapse, giving your footage a stand-out effect by allowing for greater dynamic range in your final video.
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy - to Syrp App (iOS, Android)
- USB - Charging Camera Port - 2.5mm
- Mount Type: 1/4-20 On top 3/8-20 On bottom Included 1/4" to 3/8" adapter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Effective Still Resolution||0 MP|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 3.62 x 1.57 inches|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||10 Watt Hours|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
Compact enough to fit into a small carry bag or even your coat pocket, the Syrp Genie Mini is a portable and easy-to-use device for creating smooth panning motion time-lapses or real-time video. It is designed to sit between your camera and tripod and has an internal motor that enables 360° panning motion with cameras weighing up to 17.6 pounds. Control and setup is done wirelessly using a Bluetooth connection and the Syrp Genie App for iOS and Android devices. To accommodation experienced and beginning time-lapse shooters, the app provides a useful set of presets so you can start shooting right away. A lithium-ion battery provides 40+ hours of time-lapse and 5+ hours of smooth continuous panning on a single charge, with a micro-USB cable included for re-charging the battery.
The Genie Mini packs a lot of punch and is designed to be extremely portable, easily slotting into the smallest of carry bags or even straight in your pocket.
Simply attach the Genie Mini to a tripod and shoot smooth panning time-lapse moves using the Syrp Genie App.
REAL-TIME VIDEO In video mode the Genie Mini moves at a perfectly smooth continuous speed for accurate panning moves.
SIMPLE The Genie Mini is designed to be incredibly simple and is beginner time-lapse friendly. The Syrp App is equip with factory pre-sets so you can start shooting straight out of the box with no technical expertise required. Just connect and shoot!
COMPATIBLE The Genie Mini is compatible with a huge range of cameras and works with GoPro, mirror-less camera or DSLR. Syrp Genie App is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras and lenses on our review pages: Digital SLR Cameras, Lenses
Top Customer Reviews
- if you own a genie, this is a must have product.
- clean, stylish, and sturdy design.
- great battery life
- can trigger cameras shutter to do move shoot move timelapses. Really handy for astrophotography time lapses or other long exposure shots but
- very portable
- can save presets.
- very small minimum increment of rotation and slow minimum speed
- Price. Very few people actually need move shoot move time lapses and they would be better off buying a cheaper motorized pan head. Furthermore, for similar price you could buy a telescope mount which offers more stability, pan/tilt, and ability to do multiple camera movements albeit at the expense of portability
- you have to use your phone to control it
- Can trigger shutter but is NOT capable of controlling the shutter speed of camera in bulb mode so you are limited to cameras max exposure.
- The aux port does not work with an external flash, i guess it is only meant to connect to genie
- the app software has some annoying bugs. Often want to stop a shot and adjust settings only to find that the genie mini won't respond to commands from the app.
- app doesn't allow you to change parameters of a shot after starting it. Have to start movement all over again.
1. Smartphone Interface: This works extremely well and consistently in my experience using an iPhone 6s. The setup is simple, the connection instant, and the interface makes a lot of sense. Via the app, you choose the duration of shooting, the duration of the footage, the FPS, and the angle of movement, all of which can be done very quickly. The ability to preview the footage in real time is awesome. I have not experienced any of the interface issues that others have mentioned. It is worth mentioning that you connect to the device via the Syrp app rather than via the bluetooth panel in your phone's settings, where it is not visible.
2. The fact that the system is "all-in-one" is nice - you don't need both a panning device and a separate intervalometer.
3. Size: The device is very small and fits quite easily in any camera bag, though you'll need a tripod, or at least a tripod head, to really take advantage of the unit's full abilities.
4. Build: It's an excellently constructed device from everything I can tell. The rubber feel is soft and pleasing, the buttons are tactile, and the addition of things like the cork padding on top adds a high end, thought-out feel.
5. Video quality: The end product time lapses have felt smooth and consistent. It does its job well.
1. Expensive: This is the only major con in my book. You could build a system that delivers virtually identical end products for half the cost or less. What you're paying for with the Syrp Genie Mini is convenience. Unless you do a lot of time lapses or have the extra buckage to spend on fancy gear, you might consider buying a separate intervalometer and panning device.
2. Could possibly do more: For the high price, it'd be cool to be able to change camera settings via the app as well, or even (though the tech isn't quite there yet) preview the image on your smartphone. Using wifi or a more advanced cable system might allow these features. Of course, could it do these things it would probably cost much more than it already does. Also, to unlock this thing's full potential you'll need a ball head mount on top. Note that using it atop a tripod head that is tilted up or down will give you funky movements (as with any panning head). If you want the camera pointed up or down at any angle, the tripod mount needs to be screwed on to the TOP of the Syrp unit, with the camera attached to the head (see my pictures to see what I mean).
Overall, the Syrup Genie Mini is superb, though expensive. If you love time lapses and want to add simplicity and motion to the process, look no further. Thanks for reading.
The app, well it needs work. It would malfunction, turning the wrong way, resetting the amount of travel, causing the app to crash, not show how much time/travel was left, etc.
I've used the Genie Mini hundreds of times, I probably have over 200- 10+ second time lapses from it. I went to use it the other night at sunset. It had a full battery, I went to set it up, it prompted a firmware update (for the new 360 feature).
The firmware update took about 12 minutes (longer than normal). It said completed, then I went to connect it to the app again and it says to charge the battery, it was full when I started. The red camera led (right side) is just doing a double blink. I go to charge it and the charge led isn't going on. It normally is orange/yellow. I tried plugging it into my computer to charge, nothing. I plug it into a portable usb charger, still nothing.
I believe the battery has died, or some other problem has happened. I push the power button, it usually blinks green, but it doesn't blink. I can still connect it to the phone, but it just says charge battery, and won't turn. I've tried letting it charge overnight and still nothing.
For a product to last me less than a year something is wrong. I've emailed them, waiting to hear back. Their customer service is not the best. I believe they only have one person taking care of that. Everytime I email them it usually takes them two weeks to get back to me.
Usually, Syrp products are good, but it seems they may have rushed development or have bad quality control on the Genie Mini. I have the original Genie (and most of their products) and have almost never had problems with it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One thing to note, it is controlled by bluetooth and if you lose connectivity with...Read more
Prior to firmware update, it would not work with my Galaxy Note 5. Could not update firmware from that phone either.Read more
I had similar issues as described here with initial app sync and setup.Read more