Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 917 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,166 reviews
on June 14, 2017
My four year old LOVES this book - and I love that the heroine is brave, gets herself out of a jam, and calls the prince out for being useless and superficial. Such a refreshing change of pace from most princess stories. This is a classic for a reason!
on March 3, 2017
This is everything that fairy tale stories should be! Teaching girls to settle for nothing short of the best! The most classic children's author of funny but meaningful stories. A definite recommend to anyone raising little girls!!!
on November 19, 2015
One of my favorite kids' books of all time. Princess Elizabeth is my kind of princess. She's intelligent, determined, and she doesn't put up with anyone treating her badly. This book should be read to every little girl constantly, throughout her childhood and into her teen years. I recommend keeping a few copies around to give your teen and adult female friends when they've been treated badly by a guy. The story is a good reminder not to accept poor behavior, but in a very fun story. This mini Annikins edition is only $2 so keep several on hand. This Halloween I passed them out to lots of little girls, particularly those dressed as princesses. Of course, it's also a good story for boys, but I think it particularly hits home for girls who sometimes are still told that they should be looking for their "prince."
on March 14, 2017
A fabulous throwback from my childhood added to my own children's library. A strong leading female character who saves herself and her prince, its wonderful to teach my kids that not every girl dreams of marriage or someone to save her and that not every prince is charming.
on July 15, 2015
Growing up Canadian it's pretty hard to avoid Robert Munsch, so I was thrilled to see his books finally available on Amazon. They show up gorgeously on my tablet, and since I've had the pleasure of hearing him tell stories (and wore out many, many cassette tapes in my childhood!) I can still hear him in every word.

I love this book the most of them all and it's the one I give to every new parent, every kiddo I know, and my nephew loves it as much as my nieces do. There's a dragon! There's a prince! But there's also a very clever princess who will rescue herself, thank you very much. Told in typical Munsch fashion, it's endlessly repeatable, very easy to make up sound effects and character voices, and the illustrations tie it all together perfectly.

The last lines are generally crowed aloud by everyone, and this is definitely a keeper for your bookshelf.
on November 30, 2015
I buy this book regularly as a baby shower gift to friends who are having girls. I love that it is a pointed story that points out princesses don't always need a prince to save them, which is a nice contrast to other princess stories. The heroine in the story uses her brains and her wits to take care of herself.

Robert Munsch is by far one of my favorite children's book authors, as his books are outladish and fun. I would recommend any of his books!

This was a personal purchase at the current retail price.
on July 9, 2016
I first heard this book read during "A story for all ages" at my church. I fell in love with the book immediately

So many stories and fairy tales teach young girls to wait for their prince and that true love is the ultimate goal. This book instills a sense of much needed self respect in girls and I think the moral is one that sticks with any young girl far into her teen years and even early adulthood.

She doesn't need to chase after her prince, nor does she have to stay with someone who doesn't appreciate her. Rather in ball gowns, or paper bags, she is a princess

MUST READ FOR ANYONE WITH A DAUGHTER
on December 22, 2016
The story is GREAT! It wasn't until after I ordered this that I noticed many books on amazon include a photo of a "mannequin" holding the book to their chest to show the shopper the dimensions. This book is TINY! It's no more than 2 square inches! That said, my son loves books and it was only $2 so it's a great pocket book book or even a pocket book!
Love this book with its clever female main character and humorous story telling. I have heard people complain they don't like the part where the prince chastises the princess for her unkempt appearance but the ending more than Ames up for it, in my opinion. It's a humorous, updated twist on a princess/prince rescue story. I love the fun, lighthearted, emotive drawings.
on March 25, 2017
This was a gift for my 5 year old granddaughter. I have given or recommended this book for years. It's a great lesson for little girls. The clever princess outsmarts the dragon, and realizes the handsome prince isn't so wonderful after all.