Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Paper Towns
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 16, 2016
It was OK. The book was definitely like a roadtrip: You start the trip (the book) all excited, giddy, laugh at just about everything just because. As the ride gets going you're calm, look at all the sites, take everything in. Then after awhile you get bored, there is nothing worthwhile going on. No lights, no sites, outlets, no rest stops, just endless road (pages of non-sense).... Then you hit traffic (a lull)... And finally you're seeing signs again for your final destination, so you get excited again. But when you arrive, you find out that the location is not at all what you wanted it to be. Its ok, but nothing else. All that hype, all that anticipation to get let down.
on July 20, 2015
I originally bought this book due to my LOVE of the Fault In Our Stars, but this book cannot compare to the TFIOS for it sits on a much higher level of amazingness. Not only does this book explain the complicated to the tenth power idea that is teenage romance FLAWLESSLY like TFIOS did, but adds so much more to the mix. There is something for everyone in this book, do you like adventure? This book has you covered! Do you like romance? This book has got your back! Do you like mysteries? Then look no further! With every word that was typed into the beautifully crafted book, I could picture a clear-as-day image in my mind. From the gorgeous Margo Roth Spiegelman, to the immense size of Chuck Parson, to even the holy glory that is the beer can sword. This book does much more than just tell you the story of an adventurous lad, but it immerses you into the story, as if you were Quentin sitting for hours upon hours in a car, while your best friend sits in the back seat peeing into a beer can. I finished this masterpiece in a short 3 days and honestly, I was terribly sad when I finished it, as if Margo Roth Spiegelman, Quentin, Radar, Ben, and Lacey had left my life forever, but the truth is, they haven't. Even if I never re-read this genius-on-paper (which will most likely not happen) I will always have the elusive Margo Roth Spiegelman to thank for the amazing adventure that was the past three days, surely an adventure that I will never forget...

Despite the greatness of this book, in my opinion, it is not suited for children under the age of 13 for it has brief, but frequent, cussing, and often references things such as drinking and other things that should not be exposed to young children, but if you are willing to be exposed to these things, I would without-a-doubt recommend this book to any avid readers with an expanded vocabulary.

My final rating for this book, no... calling it a book would bring it great shame.., this masterpiece is a 100 out of ten. No other book can bring you into its world as brilliantly as "Paper Towns" does. No other book can compare to this, for just four dollars, I hope this book can steal your heart, just as it did mine...
on November 14, 2015
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't like downer endings. If I invest my time and energy reading your book, I want to feel BETTER than if I'd just stuck with my ordinary life. If your book is going to make me feel like crap, I really don't see the point. Work makes me feel like crap without any help. The person the book is more or less about is irredeemable. I found myself actually wishing her bad because she's a rotten person. Won't be reading anything else he writes/wrote.
on July 13, 2015
The writing itself, especially the dialogue between characters, is well done and humorous making for an easy read. While the every day details were good, they apparently were so thorough that it left no time to support the ideology of the plot. It had the potential to be profound but was lost on what I thought was a ridiculous character (Margo) who was unbelievably loved despite being crass, unreliable, and fake her entire life. The ending was also too fast of an exchange that didn't offer enough of an explanation as to why she was the way she was, leaving Quentin's 23 hour road trip and my 5 hours of reading unsatisfied.
I give it three stars though for how much I enoyed the other "supporting" aspects of the novel; inner thoughts of Q, humor, dialogue, proper (and hilarious) identification of high school seniors, etc.
on September 13, 2017
I read this so I could follow along with my middle-schooler, who chose it as her summer read. I think it was a bit too advanced for an 11-year-old, who isn't quite up to interpreting Leaves of Grass the way the main character did. But it raises a lot of good points to discuss with a kid of this age, about what you know and think you know about others, about making life choices, and about relationships. It was more thought-provoking than I expected from a middle school or YA book. Definitely holds your attention, makes you think, and gives you a view into teen life these days.
VINE VOICEon July 2, 2015
Of the John Green books I have read, this is my favorite. We have a familiar cast of characters -- the nerdy teenage boy and his brainiac friends and the damaged teenage girl who is may be popular and confident on the outside but is deeply troubled on the inside. We also have a lot of smart dialogue, a mystery, a quest and the anguish and sweetness of young love. But in this book, it somehow comes together, aided by the musings of Walt Whitman, is a way that is not treacly or weepy - but real and grounded.

The book is dominated by Margo, a high school queen bee whose brash exterior hides an intellectual and angst-filled interior. The male lead is Quentin, brainy but balanced. The two live next door but are in different social sects in the high school caste system. However Quentin carries a torch for his childhood friend. After an extraordinary night of adventure together a month before graduation, Margo disappears leaving some cryptic clues as to her whereabouts. It is for Quentin to follow the trail -- but to find Margo he first has to understand Margo, not as an ideal or love object or symbol -- but the real person.

The climactic scenes of this quest are extraordinarily well done and the final resolution is moving without being shattering. Really enjoyed this one.
on July 30, 2015
Quentin, the main character, doesn’t know how to talk to the object of his affection, Margo. I understand how he feels; when I first started taking to girls on the phone I could only keep a conservation for five minutes. Also, the author “tells” the reader too much in the first part of the book. For example, the reader interjects the size of the male genitalia several times, which did not add anything to the story. I think the character Lacy said it best about this information, “not appropriate.” The second half is better than first, the author does a much better job of “ showing,” takes the reader on a wild road trip.
on May 19, 2016
When a high school senior and his old friend he is in love with pull an all-nighter to carry out her revenge plot, she curiously goes missing the next day. The book Paper Towns is written by John Green, a popular young adult fiction novelist. In Paper Towns, Quentin (Q) and Margo Roth Spiegelman have been friends since they were young children, but Q and Margo haven’t talked in ages because they have drifted apart. This all changes one magical night when Margo summons Quinten by making a surprise appearance at his window at 3 A.M. She asks him to drive her around to undertake her revenge scheme. Margo mysteriously goes missing the following day, leaving Quinten up to find her. Quinten was lost and oblivious about what was going on, but he knew that whatever followed that night would be burned in his mind forever.
The book is aimed for teen readers and young adults who enjoy a mystery of love. Green did a superb job writing a teen novel that readers will devour page by page. Paper Towns is written in the perspective of Quentin Jacobsen and his journey to figure out the mystery of Margo Roth Spiegelman. Spunky and adventurous, Margo is an enigma. She goes missing yet again after she and Quentin begin to reconcile. Quentin has always admired Margo and has been drawn to her even more as they got closer together.
Paper Towns is a great teen novel that represents a mystery of young love, what it truly means to find it, and what it's like to lose it. In the reviewer’s opinion this book was a great read that any fiction lover would enjoy. John Green expressed emotions from the book that will hook the reader into reading more. Other novels that Green has written is Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines, but The Fault in Our Stars is his most prominent novel. Paper Towns tells a story of a mysterious girl, with a boy trying to find her.
on August 12, 2015
Breakdown of Rating

●Plot: 5/5
●Characters: 5/5 From serious to funny, eccentric to sensible, these characters are multi-faceted and well crafted.
●Theme: 4.8/5
●Flow: 5/5
●Originality: 5/5
●Book Cover: 4.5/5
●The Feels: 5/5 Had me laughing out loud throughout.
●Sex Factor: talk of it
●Ending: 4.8/5. Cliffhanger: No

Will I read more from this Author: Quite possibly. I read this book because I seen the trailer for it at the theater, and thought it looked good.

My Thoughts :

Margo Roth Spiegelman is an enigma, especially for Quentin. He is determined to figure out what happened to her and why. This is quite the adventure, from Quentin and Margo's night of craziness; all the way to that crazy non-stop roller coaster of a road-trip they take to find her. It's about that last year of high school and what it means to a person when they realize it's all about to come to an end. It is a coming of age story and a mystery rolled into one. It is heartfelt and hilariously funny.

It is all these things and more...and it made me smile.
on October 14, 2016
Enjoyable reading. A page turner. I liked the humor, the accurate representations of teenagers talk. Some themes are American cliches, e.g. the group of nerds in a high school, hitting the road, the over-civilized, over modernised and standardized America of highways and Wallmarts vs. the romantic, wild America of Walt Whitman and Woodie Guthrie. Margo is enigmatic, and I've found it difficult to decide whether she is a round , multi-faceted person, or a half-baked fiction character,no more than a paper personality. She is intruiging, but I could not feel her as a real person. She is supposed to come from a dysfunctional family but there's nothing in the story that really indicates this. She is Jewish, but her ethnic or religious identity is irrelevant to the story. Q is not Jewish (Jacobsen), but he speaks about Kadish, using Jewish terminology , I don't know why. The black Santas - hinting at ethnic identities that are irrelevant to the story. All the literary clues from Whitman and the philosophizing around it strike me as far-fetched and even tedious. Summong up' I enjoyed the reading but I'm not sure I'll recall it as an important piece of literature.
review image