- Paperback: 326 pages
- Publisher: Lingua Text; 2nd edition (January 30, 2004)
- Language: Portuguese, English
- ISBN-10: 0942566416
- ISBN-13: 978-0942566413
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.8 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,312,457 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Para a Frente!: An Intermediate Course in Portuguese (Portuguese and English Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-8 of 14 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So in a nutshell, these are all great books to buy for proper Portuguese training & guidance:
1) Ponto de Encontro - Key vocabulary, grammar, and all the major verb conjugation training that is necessary.
2) This book Para a Frente - Intermediate-Advanced training that is the perfect continuation of book 1.
3) Modern Portuguese Grammar - Book by John Whitlam, which covers more advanced content.
This book can be found for a good price as I will try to complete all of my lessons before moving down to Brazil this December for more advanced courses & training.
This textbook is particularly good for students with a basic grip on portuguese vocabularly, grammar, and usage, looking to improve their skills for a more fluent and professional level or reading, writing, speaking, and understanding. Or, like me, if you already have a great deal of recent Spanish study behind you and will be spending time in a Portuguese speaking country, you could skip straight to this textbook for a bit of a 'conversion' course; the languages are similar enough that this textbook - focusing on review and refinement of Portuguese language skills - suits that purpose perfectly.
The textbook is representative of its low price only in the sense that it is a paperback with black and white photos and standard paper. It will still take a beating though. And the content itself is unbeatable. If you fit into one of the circumstances above or are encountering this textbook in a classroom environment, you will be very pleased.
English. The book is also fairly comprehensive. I don't think you can go wrong with this one!