- File Size: 719 KB
- Print Length: 301 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 24, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0020HR7KW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #245,373 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Parallax Kindle Edition
|Length: 301 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following mystery, thriller & suspense recent releases to find your next great read.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I was not disappointed at all. Merz writes fast-paced, heart racing thrillers and PARALLAX is no different. From the opening chapter when Frank and Stahl make their simultaneous hits to the inevitable meeting of the two, there is no point in the book that really lets you stop and take a breather. You just have to keep reading because you need to find out what happens next. Merz fans are used to this; we've come to expect it.
As always, Merz delivers effortless, hard-hitting prose and an action-filled story. A great read, and highly recommended.
Parallax is my second fiction read by Jon F. Merz after I got a taste of his short story and I'm definitely hooked. This was an awesome thriller with lots of twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I love stories that take me off guard and deal with complex characters that don't seem as if they're who they are, only to turn your expectations of them right on the side.
The story deals with Frank Jolino and Ernst "Stahl", two expert assassins living on opposite sides of the globe in different lives until one fateful moment of mental interlinking brings them together. Soon each is allowed to view the other's experience as if they were perched on the other's shoulder. Their lives interconnect from jobs to love lives and betrayal while each have something in the balance. With Stahl, his son's life is at stake on the condition that he kills a scientist connected with the SARS disease. With Frank, he is sent to kill his old girlfriend, the long lost niece of his mafia boss who he still is in love with, on suspicion that she is connected with the feds.
This was one novel that was hard to put down. Merz excels at creating engaging characters wrapped in a fast paced read. One moment I was sympathizing with them and the other felt the complete opposite. Overall, my nose was in the pages all the way to the very satisfying end.
This is a late entry for the best of my 2009 reads and it goes right at the top. I hope Parallax makes it to the big screen like Merz's Fixer series is coming to television. I'd definitely grab a ticket!
Loved being taken through the neighborhoods of Boston at one moment and then someone gets whacked the next. There's mystery, suspense, emotion, drama. It has it all.
I was on a long flight for business and this made the trip a pleasure.
The story parallels the lives of Frank Jolino and Ernst Stahl, two men driven by different demons & pasts, but whom share the fight against the incredible odds of saving the lives of their loved ones.
Merz's development of both characters in alternating chapters compel you to read on. With a surprising twist, he intertwines the lives of both of these men in the most intriguing way, thrilling your mind and captivating your heart.
If you enjoy the surprise of pulling for the "bad guys," Parallax will not disappoint!
Signed, Michael's Secret Reviewer
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The story kept me interested throughout. Jon does a great job of mixing the two story lines into one. Read morePublished on August 26, 2013 by Kevin Ryder
I ENJOYED THIS BOOK VERY MUCH. LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW LAWSON. READ MOST OF MERZ' BOOKS AND WILL CONTINUE TO READ THEM.Published on January 4, 2013 by OPPAN
I've had Parallax by Jon Merz on my Kindle for several weeks. Finally, I found some reading time, and what a treat this mob hitman novel was. Read morePublished on March 31, 2012 by Joan Reeves
I found this book very interesting. Two good characters very well defined (Stahl and Jolino). The author combines the chapters to give the space and the dialog for their two... Read morePublished on December 26, 2011 by Cliente de Amazon
This was the first piece I read by Jon Merz that was not part of the Lawson series. It was an excellent choice and will appear on my list of favorite novels read in 2011. Read morePublished on December 23, 2011 by Laurie Laliberte
I've been a fan of Jon Merz since I read the first Lawson book and I've never been disappointed by anything Jon has written. This thriller is no exception. Read morePublished on December 2, 2011 by Deacon Pete
I enjoyed reading Parallax, a lean and fast-twisting thriller that takes place in Greater Boston. The main characters of Frank and Ernst are top-notch professional assassins, and... Read morePublished on March 7, 2011 by Rick Umali
I just finished reading PARALLAX on my Kindle. I enjoyed reading this exciting story of 2 hitmen and the strange link they shared. But I am only giving it 4 stars instead of 5. Read morePublished on December 10, 2010 by CoachD
Not a bad story, I'm disappointed in the censoring of certain words though. And it was done with a simple find and replace to get rid of 2 words that are in (almost) everyday use. Read morePublished on November 3, 2010 by Greg
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural > Psychics
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Organized Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Assassinations
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Espionage
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Psychics
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Assassinations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Espionage
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Terrorism