- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 5.2 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B01KICH63S
- Item model number: 8135798
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 24, 2016
- Average Customer Review: 92 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #224 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.97 shipping
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac
|Price:||$56.05 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Seamlessly run Windows applications side by side with OS X applications (Windows sold separately)
- Get all your files, apps, and bookmarks from your PC to your Mac. Optimized for Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Full Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Google Chrome and Linux support.
- Easily copy and paste and drag and drop text and files between Windows and Mac
- This is a digital download, no disc is included in the box. See system requirements below
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
|Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Standard Edition||Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition|
|25% faster than previous edition||✓||✓|
|Support for Windows 10, Ready for macOS Sierra||✓||✓|
|Includes Parallels Toolbox / Supports Windows Ink||✓||✓|
|Maximum individual seat licenses allowed to purchase||5||Unlimited|
|Complimentary Parallels Access||✓|
|Virtual RAM / virtual CPUs for each VM||8 GB vRAM / 4 vCPUs||64 GB vRAM / 16 vCPUs|
|Microsoft Visual Studio Plug-in||✓|
|Support for popular development & networking tools, incl. Docker||✓|
|Premium 24/7 phone and email support||First 30 days||✓|
Seamlessly run Windows applications side by side with OS X applications
Best of Both Worlds
Run Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, and more side by side with macOS.
Easy switch from PC to Mac
We make it easy to bring all of your files, applications, browser bookmarks, and more from your PC to your Mac with the setup assistant.
Resource-hungry Windows applications run effortlessly without slowing down your Mac, and Microsoft Office is faster than ever.
Use Windows applications with ease
Launch Windows applications right from the Dock. Use Mac gestures in Windows and copy and paste and drag and drop between Windows and Mac applications.
Not just for Windows
Run a wide array of operating systems including macOS, Windows 10, 8.1 and 7, Linux, Chromium OS, and others.
Parallels Toolbox for Mac
Parallels Toolbox for Mac makes it easy to perform dozens of essential daily tasks on your Mac–at the low price of a single app. Take screenshots, secure private files with a password, convert Facebook or YouTube videos, and much more. From Mac newcomers to the Mac pro, everyone will enjoy this collection of well-designed tools and utilities.
Run Windows On Your Mac
Versatile for home, office, and school
Whether you are a home user, a business professional, a student, or a passionate gamer, the new Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac enables one Mac to handle all of your computing needs. Run the PC programs your work or school requires and the Mac applications you love. A Mac-centric office can still run the business-critical PC applications that you, your customers, and your partners need, and accessing Windows-based files for school or university just works.
A must-have in the Mac-based workspace
- Run Windows and Mac applications side by side.
- Uncompromised performance.
- Supports Windows 10 and is ready for macOS Sierra 10.12.
- Parallels Toolbox for Mac.
- Works with Boot Camp.
- One-click tuning to optimize performance.
- 'New to Mac' videos to easily get you started.
- macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X El Capitan 10.11.5, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, or newer
- Intel-based Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor or higher required
- 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
- 850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation. Additional disk space for virtual machines (SSD drives recommended for better performance)
- Internet connection required for product download, activation, updates, and select features
- Windows and/or other operating systems not included
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is the fastest, easiest, and most powerful solution for running Windows applications on a Mac—without rebooting. Now includes Parallels Toolbox to easily perform essential tasks.
Size: Standard Edition | Style: Mac Key Card
Top Customer Reviews
Every year a new version comes out which has much needed support for some new version of OS X, requiring you to buy/upgrade to the new version to work quite right.
While occasionally you may get by two years on one release it's more rare than not. There are people out there that manage to string along on an old version. But seriously. Want to update that Windows 7 to Windows 10? Had Parallels 10? Better buy 11!
Want full support for OS X Sierra and have Parallels 11? Better buy 12!
One thing to consider is if you think buying Parallels will save you money over buying a reasonably priced notebook to do some Windows tasks on is the real cost over 5 years will be an initial outlay of $80 or so, then 4 $50 upgrades, bringing your total to $280 spent on this software. That would take a big chunk out of a little $400 laptop that you could use for 5 years - no bogging down your MacMini or Macbook allocating 4GB of RAM to a virtual machine running Windows. Plus you'll have a cheap lappie to haul around and get stolen instead of your $1500 Macbook.
Of course I still give it 5 stars as for me it works & works good. Just letting you know, should you be a Parallels newbie, what the real costs are.
After several frustrating days without use of Windows on my Mac, which is not acceptable in my job, and several failed attempts at contacting Parallels support, I tried installing the Parallels Toolbox. This worked. However, support has since informed me that the problem was not that I needed Toolbox, but that I needed to have Parallels open on my computer for a fairly long time period to allow Windows to update and adjust to the new version of Parallels.
Whatever the cause, all is fine now. As a result, I have up-ed my rating to five stars. Parallels software is actually quite good, and other than this one glitch with installation, is has run flawlessly on my Mac for several years.
I'm running Sierra 10.12.1 and Windows 7. I had found that when I updated from El Capitan to Sierra, Parallels 9 would no longer run. Updating to Parallels 12 did the trick.
I purchased the software from a third party vendor, and it's fine.
Simply, the BEST.