Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Run Windows applications like they were made for your Mac-all without rebooting
- Get even more out of Windows 8: Use metro-style apps and enjoy copy & paste and drag & drop integration now even with Windows 8 and OS X Mountain Lion
- Integrates Mac features like Dictation and gestures into Windows applications
- Works great on the 11-Inch MacBook Air to the 15-Inch MacBook Pro with Retina display or the iMac
- Parallels Desktop for Mac is the most tested, trusted and talked-about solution for running Windows applications on your Mac and the #1 choice of Mac customers
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac unites Mac and Windows with powerful performance that lets you run Windows productivity applications, even graphics intensive ones, with ease. Enjoy the latest Mountain Lion and Lion features in Windows applications. You can even use Mac OS X Mountain Lion features like Launchpad and Mission Control with your Windows applications, and run Mac OS X Lion as a guest operating system.
Whether you are a home user, a business professional, a student, a passionate gamer or your company plans to work with Mac or already has Mac, with Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac your Windows applications will run like they were made for Mac.
Get Started Quickly
Quick installation, a user friendly interface and Parallels Wizard set everything up quickly and easily. All the time and money you’ve invested into outfitting your PC, it goes right into your Mac.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Support
Experience Mountain Lion’s amazing, intuitive features like Launchpad and Mission Control even while running Windows applications.
Perfect If You’re New to Mac and the New MacBook Air
Start with the familiar look of Windows. Then add more and more of the Mac look, feel and experience to your Windows programs.
Versatile For Home, Home Office, and School
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac enables one Mac to handle all of your computing needs. Run the PC programs your work or school requires and the Mac applications you love.
A Must-have in the Mac-based Business
An office full of Macs can still run the business-critical PC applications that you, your customers and your partners need. On the go? The Parallels Mobile App for iPad, iPhones and iPod touch connects you with your Mac for whenever-and-wherever access.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Brings Seamless Integration on One Computer
Whatever your needs are, run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side with no compromises in performance. It’s like your Windows apps were made for your Mac.
- Use Mac OX Mountain Lion features like Launchpad, Mission Control and Full Screen with your Windows applications.
- The new Presentation Wizard allows you to easily and beautifully show presentations from your Mac on any external monitor or projector.
- Enjoy Mountain Lion’s new Dictation capabilities in Windows applications.
- Switch from Safari to the same web page in Internet Explorer with a single click when you try to view a page that doesn’t show correctly.
- Use your iSight or FaceTime HD camera with your Windows applications.
- Multi-touch trackpad gestures that allow you to navigate through Windows applications like Mac applications including Mac OS X Lion.
- The Parallels Wizard protects your investment in Windows applications and files, moving everything quickly and easily.
- Choose up to 1GB of video memory for your most graphically intense Windows programs.
- Support for USB 3.0 devices.
- Access and use your Mac and Windows remotely when you’re on the go with the Parallels Mobile app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, available for purchase in the App Store.
It´s Ease of Use, Performance, Reliability and Stability
- Seamlessly run Windows and its applications side by side with Mac OS X and its applications on a single Mac.
- Full Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 support including Aero and Flip 3D support.
- Easily copy and paste and drag and drop formatted text and images between Windows and Mac.
- Just 3 steps and a fresh copy of Windows is installed on your Mac.
- Use a wide variety of 3D design programs and games with full DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support.
- Use administrator tools to protect and secure virtual machines.
- Supports import of Boot Camp partition into a Parallels virtual machine.
- Suspend and resume Boot Camp virtual machines.
- Faster and smoother import of VMware and Virtual PC virtual machines.
- Unwind and enjoy your favorite music, games and video with 7.1 Surround Sound.
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software trial subscriptions from Norton and Kaspersky and online back up and recover from Acronis.
Top Customer Reviews
I started using Parallels 4 in 2009 and have been upgrading ever since. I've had it installed on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro laptop, and have never had a problem upgrading or using licensing keys.
I upgraded my iMac to Mountain Lion and discovered that Parallels 7 no longer works on it. I didn't want to upgrade to Parallels 8 on my iMac, because I've ordered a new iMac that should be here in 2 weeks. However, I have a client whose system I can access only through Windows, and tomorrow I will be starting a new project for them. So now I need Parallels on my old iMac as well.
I called today to find out how many computers I could install Parallels 8 on. Their answer: Only one! They now have an online system that checks the license. If you're trying to install Parallels 8 on a second computer, it will not let you do so. And from what I've seen in other reviews, it may also deactivate the license for which you have already paid.
They also sent a link to their knowledge base that explains this: [...]. However, I've never had a problem running Parallels 6 and 7 on 2 computers.
They sent me a link so I could buy another full version at the cost of $34.95. Woo-hoo.
This is a good product, although it consumes an enormous amount of RAM when you use it. If you run it while also running Firefox on the Mac side, your computer will slow almost to a halt. (Learned that the hard way!)
Since Parallels issues at least 1 update a year for its products, and they charge for those, too, it's going to get expensive to run this on two computers. I'm going to explore other options.
Update 3: Still going strong! I recently installed a sophisticated chemical engineering process simulator on the Windows partition, and it ran without a hitch. In facts, it was running faster on my 2-yr old MBA via Parallels than it was on some of my colleagues' newer Dells and HPs.
Update 2: The latest 9/6/12 update to P8 seems to have fixed most of the dual monitor bugs. One remains... if you closed down P8 in full screen dual monitor mode, the next time you open P8, the Win 7 screens are still on different desktops. To fix this, I simply exit Full Screen mode, and then re-enable it. Both Win 7 screens now show up in Desktop 2.
I have been using Parallels for over a week now (bought it early as a current user of Parallels 7. First, I have to say that Parallels has worked great for me. I use it at work, where it is a Windows environment. Parallels allows me to have complete access to my company's network and printers. Note, however, that this is all done by Parallels working through the Mac. So in order to see a printer or your network drives in Windows, you must have them set up in your Mac environment first. The Windows network environment mirrors that of the Mac.Read more ›
I also grabbed a copy of Parallels 8 from the Apple Store and installed Windows 8. I'm not a big fan of Windows 8 but I need it for work.
I'm seriously impressed by this virtualization. I've done virtualization in the past (virtual linux and such) but let me tell you this is something else, especially in Coherence mode.
If I had known Mac + Parallels + Windows could work like this, I would have made the switch years ago.
Also, the installation process was an absolute snap!
In one screen, I can be running mac. But if I press control-arrow right, it swipes to a full screen windows 7 desktop. If I'm not using that one piece of software, I can pause it, and it stops eating up all my memory. If I am, I just unpause it, and instantly Win7 is ready for use.
The windows software we're using links to a couple programs -- notably Photoshop and Lightroom, both programs that in my opinion run better on Mac. You might think, well you'd have to install PS and LR on windows in Parallels, right? Nope - Parallels sees my Mac applications, and gives them .exe "links" in Windows so I can hook into the MAC VERSIONS with windows software. That's pretty incredible! If I want to open a photo (that's in Windows) with the Mac install of Photoshop, I just hit Open With->Photoshop (Mac), and it knows to switch back to mac, open Photoshop, and opens the file windows was referencing! And when I save, in Mac, Windows knows to update that file. That's pretty slick.
One issue I ran into was PL was eating up my memory. I had 4GB on an iMac, and running Parallels, Photoshop, Lightroom, and my windows software made everything just lag horribly. Wasn't parallels fault - you should expect this, you're running two operating systems at the same time here. We upgraded to 32GB and.. problem solved. Everything runs like butter. Buy this if you need it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't like it. It did not ever install correctly and used huge resources. Most MS Office functions did work correctly.Published 22 hours ago by Noeule
If you are a Mac person, but still need to have Windows for some reason such as a software that only runs on Windows (my situation) this is the best way I have found to do so. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Divdisp
This is a great product, but unfortunately it was not compatible with the software on my MacBook Pro.Published 3 months ago by Joan
what the is wrong with parallel?
It has crashed 4 time on my mac in the last year.
Last night while the computer was in sleep mode my windows 8. Read more
Takes up an incredibly large amount of space. Not recommended for someone not very familiar with computers.Published 6 months ago by Kayle
What isn't terribly obvious is that this version of Parallels is a full 3 major versions behind, is no longer supported and doesn't even qualify for the upgrades available from the... Read morePublished 6 months ago by P. N. Biddle