Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: CD-ROM|Change

Showing 1-10 of 236 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 583 reviews
on April 23, 2017
Hubby purchased before Apple rolled this out as part of the IOS and it worked like a charm! He was over the moon at the ease of installation and use. It was a little less expensive than in the stores and much less expensive than through Apple. Great purchase.
on May 24, 2014
I purchased this so I could run Windows games such as Terraria and Just Cause 2 on my Mac. Long story short, 3D performance was horrible. Everything else was absolutely amazing, I just wish they would improve the 3D performance.
on March 4, 2017
excellent
on October 31, 2012
Does everything it claims. Sometimes you need to take a fantastic product (iMac) and make it even better with Parallels. Parallels puts Boot Camp to shame. I run Windows7 because Kodak doesn't make MAC software for my Kodak High Speed Scanner. Parallels solves the problem by letting me run Windows7 Professional inside Apple while not having to reboot or shut down. Excellent product
on January 24, 2014
I have one program that is only for windows that I need all the time. This kept me buying Sony laptops for 20 years. I have to say, Sony has gone so far down hill it's become a travesty. Really bad quality machine, but worse is trying to get support and things fixed if you have to send it back.
When i heard about Parallels, i made the leapt to a MacAir. I bought this software to install, instead of using the way you can designate part of your hard drive to windows that comes with the laptop. For that, you have to turn one off in order to use the other.
But with Parallels you can keep both Mac and Windows open at the same time, and move fluidly from one to the other -(you just opt to "enter coherence" after turning on the machine). Not being familiar with Mac, it was tricky for me to instal it, but calling Parallels 1-800 number will give you all the support you need until its running perfectly. They are great, and they stay with you. PS - You do have to put your own Windows program on- along with the Parallels - but you can buy it, or just download it for free
Goodbye Sony. You don't get to have me anymore!
on November 26, 2012
What do you do when you switch to a mac (or convince someone else to) but still want to run another OS?

There are two options:
1. Use bootcamp
2. Use virtual desktop software like Parallels

At first I thought that the first option was clearly the best. It would allow you do have both OS without spending the extra money on top of buying another OS installation cd and key. It would also allow you to use the full potential of both OS without limiting the other. So if you are worried about not getting the full potential out of both systems, then bootcamp would probably be your cup of tea.

I will be honest, I originally thought that bootcamp would be the best option for me, but I wanted to give Parallels a try. I am glad I did, because Parallels changed my mind. The installation process for both Parallels and the other operating system were simple and problem free. As far as I can tell both operating systems do not fight for resources (so far). It is nice being able to switch to the other OS and back at will. There are multiple ways to switch between systems which is great. Since this is a virtual desktop, you never lose the native (or original) operating system functions.

Something weird:
1. If you have any programs in the virtual system running while using the native system you will see them as separate programs apart from the Parallels icon. I find this a little annoying, but with time I'm sure I will get used to it.
2. The trackpad sensitivity while in the virtual system is a little bit more sensitive, but it is easy to adjust to it.

I am rating this 4 out of 5 because it does everything I want so far, but since I haven't truly taxed both systems yet, I cannot give it a 5 out of 5.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 7, 2013
You will have to pay $50 more every time mac upgrades! The try to get about $50 a year out of you! Don't let them fool you! They cut support of for this program last month! Oct 31, 2013!!!! It is not worth a dollar! We have spent hundreds with them in the last 2 years and they want $300 more just because Mac upgraded! Not good.
on December 28, 2012
What a pleasant surprise!, that is a couple of years ago. My olde WindowsXP OS was back again after an absence of a year on my one year old iMac desktop. Nice to hear that welcome melody again. My purpose in going the Parallels8 route was because of Mac Lion's lack of support on a number of Windows based programs that I had been using for years on my now-retired Dells. Such programs would either not work at all or would not do all of the operations with Lion that they would do with Windows. (I never would have gone the Mac route if I had known this when I purchased a new computer a year ago).

However, that was in 2012 and now it is 2014. It has been kind of quirky these past two years but is has allowed me to jump back and forth between the Mac OS and Windows XP while working on the same file, just by a click of the mouse. I couldn't have been happier with this arrangement. But suddenly, on March 12th, 2014, I got a nasty message that Parallels "virtualization support was disabled on my Mac" and it wouldn't let me start up Windows. Instructions to fix this told me to remove Parallels 8 from the system and to reinstall the software. After uninstalling the software I inserted the installation disk and got a nasty message from Apple stating that this App was no longer supported. So I ended up going to our very friendly Apple Authorized tech support folks, who did an excellent job (for $100) getting me back in business again. After getting back home, all was well. Everything was working better than it originally had but then, suddenly, again, after about two house, same nasty messages, same nasty problem.

This would be a five star item, in that it allows one to jump back and forth seamlessly between the two operating system while working on the same file. However, it turned out to be very unstable and Apple doesn't even support this version any more.

Back to my Tech Support Folks. More Later
on November 30, 2012
I got this along with Windows 8 Professional System Builder DVD 64-Bit, for a class that I will be taking next term. It was easy to install, and at the end of installing it, it gave me the choice of installing Windows or waiting. There are instruction if you choose to wait on installing Windows. You can stand an earlier OS, but Windows 8 was the one I got at. It is fairly easy to go between the Mac and Windows. The only difficulty so far is getting use to dealing with Windows again, it has been a while for me plus getting use to Windows 8 which is different than Vista.

There is a couple of ways you can have it set up, but they are all easily switch able between Windows and Mac. I have it set up so everything stayed together. You can for the most part keep Windows in a window of it's own or you can have it in something called "Coherence", which has the windows version of the dock on the bottom. But it is easy to go between the windows and mac.

If you have a Mac, but need something that runs Windows, but don't want to buy a new computer or don't need a whole new computer, this is a nice substitute.
on July 9, 2013
I needed to run Windows on my Mac due to Quickens inability to produce a decent program for Apple. This is the only thing I use Windows for and I didn't want to partition the HDD for it, so I tried Parallels.

Seriously, this was so easy, I kept waiting for the ball to drop.

I will continue to use Parallels until Quicken gets it's head straight and releases a proper Quicken for Mac.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.