|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $9.96 (67%)
Parenting Unchained: Overcoming the Ten Deceptions that Shackle Christian Parents Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 194 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
"God says your character is the foundation for your parenting." page 11
"Don't ignore God's work in your own heart as He directs your work on the hearts of your children." page 23
PLEASE get yourself a copy!
1) The book is not just theory and rhetoric, but practical.
2) The fact that the basis for the book is not man's fallible wisdom but God's perfect word means the guidance in this book will not go out of date like so many things dependent on the fleeting wisdom of man, but will remain eternally true and relevant.
3) The book has an excellent balance between Scriptural exposition, cognitive collation, and practical applicability. That is something most books like this fail at miserably.
1) Honestly, without resorting to making stuff up just to have something to write, the only issue I have is the first chapter or two have a very fast pacing and "lightweight" feel to them. I was concerned that the book was going to be too high level to be practical. By the third chapter, however, the book settles down to a depth and pace worthy of the subject matter. I hate even to mention it because honestly once you are into chapter three, it really doesn't matter and whatever signals the beginning sends disappear in a beautifully in-depth and well-paced work.
Bravo, Dr. Dempsey, you have a grateful parent and a fan for life. Thank you for this work.
I believed more of these deceptions than I thought I would. I’m glad I took the extra time to read this book thoroughly and slowly. It has helped me a lot. I know it will help others. Deception numbers 1, 3, 4, 6 and 9 are the ones I’m guilty of, and I learned some good stuff out of some of the others which confirmed in me that yes, I am doing something right.
Parenting Unchained has some excellent information in it for those who are parenting toddlers to those who are parenting 18-year-olds and all the years in between. Dempsey’s comments and thought are very easily understood.
Throughout the book are ideas we can put into practice to help us break free of the deceptions we can identify with. These ideas can be good starting points to help us parent in a more intentional, productive way.
“Many people read the Bible and think it’s a book of rules…but Satan takes these rules and whispers a little twist in our ears.”
At some point in this book you will say, “I never thought of it like that before.” Dempsey aims light on parenting from a perspective that I have never encountered in a parenting book–and I have read many parenting books.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good book but a little different angle than expected - the deceptions parents believe were very insightful.Published 11 months ago by Dan McLaughlin
Dr. James Dempsey addresses 10 deceptions that Shackle Christian Parents. Those 10 deceptions are:
1) It's all about your kids; your character doesn't matter
2)... Read more
If you only read one parenting book, make it Parenting Unchained!! My oldest of 5 children is 15 and oh how I wish I had read this book 15 years ago!!!Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a fabulous book. It's an easy read, yet challenges me to keep my faith at the forefront of my life, particularly with my children. Dr. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Beth H.
Parenting Unchained is telling us things we already knew, since it’s Biblical goodness, but it’s said in a way that is easier to digest. Dr. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Jenn Gigowski
My first lesson is that this book will totally change how you parent. If you are anything like me, you may often wonder if you are really messing up this parenting thing! Read morePublished 19 months ago by Callie
Parenting Unchained takes a close look at ten lies parents fall for when raising children. Jim writes from his own experience as a parent with honesty. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Becky Danielson, M.Ed.
I've only been a parent for a little over a year, but I found myself broken as God taught me through Dr. Dempsey's teaching. Read morePublished 19 months ago by ambam1881
Parenting Unchained is great book for parents. This book is focused on ten defining lies that the world and Satan himself use to keep parents deceived when it comes to raising our... Read morePublished 19 months ago by nlhvaughn