"Susan's work is brilliant. If you buy just one parenting book this year, make it this one!"
Thom Hartmann, author of Healing ADD
"One of the most user-friendly, practical and engaging guides to parenting I've ever come across."
Janet Bray Attwood, co-author of the NY Times bestseller The Passion Test
"A must-read for every parent and grandparent. An exceptional book I will refer to often for assistance in helping all the families we serve."
Maria D'Angelo, founder, Children's Lifesaving Foundation
Imagine life without drama, meltdowns, and power struggles
From celebrity parents to everyday moms and pops, single parents to grandparents, most of us know what to do when our kids behave. But let's face it: family life can get downright crazy, and it's at those moments that we most need to keep our cool.
Family therapist Susan Stiffelman has shown thousands of parents how to be the cool, confident "Captain of the ship" in their children's lives. Based on her successful practice and packed with real-life stories, Susan shares proven strategies and crystal clear insights to motivate kids to cooperate and connect. Parenting without Power Struggles is an extraordinary guidebook for transforming your day-to-day parenting life.
You'll discover how to:
• Transform frustration and aggression into adaptation and cooperation
• Keep your cool when your kids push your buttons, talk back or refuse to "play nice"
• Nourish deep attachment with young and older kids
• Help your ADD'ish child survive and thrive, even if you’re ADD'ish yourself
• Inoculate your kids from negative thinking and peer pressure that lead to anger, anxiety, depression, or behavior issues
• Help children manage the emotional challenges of divorce