Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "From Paris with Love [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 62% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
From Paris with Love [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
• The Making-of From Paris With Love
• Spies, Spooks and Special Ops: Life Under Cover
• Secrets of Spy Craft: Inside the International Spy Museum
• "Friend or Foe" Trivia Game
• "Charlie Wax’s Gun Locker" Featurette
• Theatrical Trailer
• Special features are in high definition
Top Customer Reviews
There were short periods when the movie seemed to lag a bit, though once things got going, the exciting parts more than made up for anything less than exciting. There was a lot of killing going on with plenty of blood, but despite this, none of it was very graphic or terribly disturbing. Regardless, this is not a movie I'd bring the kids to. It's definitely an adult flick for a mature audience.
I'd recommend this movie for those who enjoy action or spy thrillers. I think it would even be a DVD worth owning.
For the sake of simplicity, here are my reasons:
1. After the initial, necessarily slow set-up to establish back story with Jonathan Rhys Meyers' character, the action is non-stop!
2. John Travolta! He plays a commando-type sent on secret mission assignments and allowed to act without protocol! He is the reason for the action.
3. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the spy wannabe, the complete opposite to Travolta--refined, debonair, rule follower, diplomatic assistant.
4. Weapons in cans!
5. Fighting scenes! In fact, these scenes remind me of Matt Damon's films. There's a big difference though: Matt Damon's fights are carefully choreographed with the entire fight (seemingly) shown, whereas Travolta's are shown in snippets. Why? Because John Travolta is too old and over-sized to actually fight. Note: These snippets are in my plus column. Even though he is not actually fighting, the illusion is there (for those who want to see fight scenes) that this old guy is really capable of defeating so many opponents.
6. Bad guys (drug dealers, pimps, and terrorists) are no match for Travolta's character at any time! Hero played Large! (Hero from my point of view as American, potential-victim-of-terrorism, along with delegations from all over the world)
7. The unsuspected terrorist agent!
8. Watching the diplomatic assistant gradually become spy worthy.
10. An action-oriented Big Play Hero who also plays chess!
What I didn't like about the movie:
What a great summer movie, exactly one kind of summer hits: fun, engaging, entertaining, action-filled (nonstop), heroic-but-unconventional characters, violence so unbelievable that the viewer knows it is not real but pretends it is for this movie, and satisfying ending. (Oh, the other kind? Romantic and tame!)
From the first few frames, it was clear that this would be a well-shot movie (from Pierre Morel, who also directed TAKEN), but upon hearing Jonathan Rhys Meyers open his mouth I lost a lot of hope that it would be a well-acted one. He was uninspiring and uncharismatic in the worst way possible. Thankfully, John Travolta showed up to chew the scenery and add some life into what was essentially a bargain-basement spy thriller with great production values. Even though it seemed like he was in a completely different movie, his presence lightened the mood a little bit, even if he didn't really have much chemistry with Meyers. If there's one saving grace about this film, other than having technically proficient action and good cinematography, it was Travolta.
Pausing a moment to discuss the plot, I thought that it was rather formulaic and rote in its approach to this rather overdone genre. I get that the title is a sort-of nod to James Bond, but this can't hold a candle to that franchise.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Me and Mrs. Jones......have a thinggg ggg ggg ggg going on!
Action, Johnny T. like never before! Don't miss seeing it!!!
If you've ever doubted John Travolta as an actor, you haven't seen this movie. It's even better than Swordfish which was an outstanding role for him.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
A lot of action, John Travolta doesn't hold back in his role. Suspenseful, entertaining, & the funny parts help with the tension.Published 1 month ago by alexander asuncion
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies