Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 227 reviews
on December 5, 2012
In today's day and age, most people use electronic calendars and PC organizers to keep track of their time, appointments and commitments. I guess I am oldfashioned and I like to have a real planner on my desk. I put reminder cards and other documents and papers that are essential to my lifestyle in one place. For years I have been using New Yorker Diary for this purpose. This weekly planner is definitely a kind of its own. It is smaller than New Yorker Diary which makes it easier to carry around. It can fit in a medium size purse. Its vibrant red color is soothing and the planner has ribbon that will always help you place the current week without tumpling through the planner. Each month is separated and every week has interesting quote. Definitely geared towards women, this planner makes a perfect gift to any woman who likes to keep herself organized and still show her affection towards style and fashion by carrying this little planner around!!
on July 18, 2014
This book does not provide much insight into Parisian style. I wasn't interested in learning about a lot of high end products but very lucky for this woman that she has great genes - only a 10 min beauty routine that utilizes drug store products. No real specific suggestions or details here really how obtain a French style of dress. I can sum it up for you. Already have great skin, hair, & be slender so anything looks great on your body. Then you can be more carefree about your style. Wear ballet shoes, stacked bangle bracelets, tight fitted pants with a loose top or loose bottom with tight top.
on December 30, 2012
Where to start.. I was looking for a "different" type of weekly agenda. Started to look for it for over a month.
I like to write down my appointments, reminders, notes, some words..
The other calendars seemed just all the same or similar to each other, and I wanted something different.
Colorful, funny, elegant (people tell me as I am), on the top of all I am from Paris.
Everything above is true for this cute chic planner and inside it looks like the pages are hand written. It does have the touch of Paris. The cover is a deeper red (not as orange as on the photos), it makes it elegant.
I think this product is adorable!!!
on March 1, 2013
I always use the Moleskine x-small pocket sized weekly planner, but I really wanted to get a bigger sized planner for my desk this year. I wanted this one because I saw it on Kate Spade's website, but when I could afford it, it was gone from the website. Then I saw Amazon started selling the Parisian Chic weekly planner, and bought it right away. I like the cover and size of this planner, but I am not too crazy about the content. It claims to offer little style tips for each week that gives you the touch of Parisian chic, but I find them rather mediocre. I think the simple illustrations are nice, and the ribbon page marker is always somewhat helpful, but I just feel that it's lack of something. I am not sure what, but I just feel like there's something missing for this otherwise chic planner. I don't find it easy to write in due to the way it's bond. I still think it's a nice accessory for any fashionistas who wants something extra in their tote/purse/bags.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2011
Okay, so I'm not 5'11" and 125 pounds as Ines is reported to be, and hipless, per the NY Times, indeed, far from it--well, I am 5'10," but otherwise what I have in common w/ Ines, and she does seem to want you to call her that, is that I am in my early 50s, struggling to find an age-appropriate image and wardrobe to match. Now, I'm not going to wear a lot of the combinations she suggests--I don't wear boots, for one thing, and Converse sneakers are supremely uncomfortable to me, as well as looking like boats on my extra large feet, but her heuristics--the rules of thumb--can you walk gracefully in these shoes? simple, well-cut items in navy, black and white with touches of interest added with accessories, say...these things I can apply--I find myself sorting through my things and asking myself if Ines would wear it if she were on my budget--she does recommend lots of low-end items, FWIW.

She is certainly the un-Charla Krupp--she comes out strongly against "sparkly" pink lipstick--indeed against all pink lipsticks--though it is confusing whether she's about only clear lip balm or also red, just as she eschews tanks colored in other than black, white or gray, yet she says she does pop on a fuchsia blouse just to keep 'em guessing.... She doesn't care if something makes her look fat (because that would be impossible) or old, except to the extent that she does drop a few clues about how not to look TOO much of that certain age---for one thing, avoid matchy-matchy.

I, for one, would much rather look like Ines than Charla. It may have to do with my natural coloring and style inclinations--I was a dark brunette before I went gray, and I refuse to dye my hair or wear shimmery pink lip gloss.

I'm not likely to be in Paris any time soon, so the large section of the book with 411 on where to shop, eat and stay is lost on me, but the beginning sections on what to wear where and how, are priceless, as well as quite entertaining.
on August 29, 2015
I absolutely love it. The book itself is very fashionable. It's a good read especially if you would like to change your whole look. I used to be like a 'hot mess' type of style but I want to change that because I'm not fifteen anymore. So! This one is for u!

Note: I got this book used and I expected it to be in a worse condition. It's perfect!
review image
on August 28, 2013
I enjoyed reading Ines' suggestions on how Parisian women take fashion seriously without seeming to be trying. The tips and reminders on what looks good and what looks too try-hard or to Christmas-tree-ish were great. I was pleased to find I didn't have too many "bad habits", although, as I don't live in Paris some tips are not as useful in Sydney. I have, however, found the websites suggested very interesting. A holiday in France and particularly Paris are now on my list of to do in the next few years. Thanks Ines
on February 15, 2014
I like this book a lot more than I expected to. The section on wardrobe is absolutely invaluable - it'll help you pare your closet down to about 25-30 good quality essentials that will keep you looking sharp no matter what the occasion. I use mine it like a workbook, scrawling notes across the page and in the margins to adjust Ines' suggestions to my own style. The book appeals to both myself (at 60) and my eldest granddaughter who is 17, if that's any indicator of how timeless Parisian style is :-)
on January 2, 2015
Ines de la Fressange takes away the anxiety often associated with trying to look chic & fashionable. She brings in the fun, humour and pleasure, often missing in the self-absorbed fashion industry. The guide is about making you feel comfortable & chic with your body-type, size and age. It is not about wearing the latest trends and forcing your body and personality to fit into those "must-have" outfits.

Ines emphasizes the importance of classic garments that transcend time and seasons, the significance of quality over quantity, and why a complimenting outfit outweighs a designer label.

The book is illustrated with funny cartoon images, to demonstrate chic & style. Personally, I found the cartoon illustrations more appealing, than the typical use of a professional model. The later are too often above average in height and below average in weight.

All the above is accompanied with simple tips and suggestions, that women around the globe can implement.

According to Ines, the bottom line is: you don't need a closet the size of a department store, nor a McBudget/McWallet to look chic and stylish.
on July 16, 2011
but if you're in the USA you will probably feel (as I do) that you just wasted money you could have put toward a nice article of clothing. I was very disappointed in a book that I had previously been looking forward to receiving and using. You might find some enjoyment flipping through and looking at the pictures of Parisian shops but if you are not shopping in Paris, you might feel bored and disappointed like I felt.