Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Parker (Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 65% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Parker (Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
On the trail of the bad guys, Parker uses Leslie (Jennifer Lopez) a down on her luck, cut throat, high end real estate agent, who also likes to play amateur detective. Parker is resilient as bullets, knives, jumping out of a moving vehicle, and broken ribs only slows him down a step. Classic Statham "performance" for better or worse.
I don't need to mention the no surprise ending. It's a Statham film. The fun part is the tough guy getting us there.
Parental guide: occasional F-bomb. No sex or nudity. Jennifer Lopez bra/panties. Jason and Emma in shower together with discreet camera angels and arm placement.
This R-rated thriller only pauses occasionally to introduce another character and maybe have a few laughs. We dash from a state fair (where our hero is a priest!), to Florida where he poses as a wealthy Ecuadorean-born Texan. You're gonna have to trust me on that! There are also some nice scenes with a farm couple and with a hospital patient.
* Jason Statham ("Safe") Guess who plays the title role? Yup. He is beaten, shot, stabbed, and choked, but this dependable old Timex just keeps on ticking...
* Jennifer Lopez ("The Back-up Plan") seems to be in this just to provide occasional squeals of fear, tears of frustration over her recent divorce and groans of exasperation about her soap opera-watching mom. She's actually not too bad this time.
* Patti Lupone ("30 Rock" on TV) almost steals the show in her few scenes. Between her and her darling little dog (maybe a Papillon?) she makes us laugh out loud!
* Michael Chiklis ("Vegas" on TV) is the head thug who betrays our hero. This guy is mean!
* Nick Nolte ("Gangster Squad") is a quasi father-in-law. No, our hero isn't married, but almost!
* Emma Booth ("The Boys are Back") is resourceful and loving as the nurse/lover our hero seems to need on a semi-regular basis.
* Bobby Canavale ("Boardwalk Empire" on TV) is the sweet Palm Beach cop who has it bad for Ms. Lopez.
With Jennifer Lopez in the cast, we KNOW they will exploit her physical attributes... smile ...which they DO!Read more ›
I know nothing of the novels, so I can't judge it from it. I've been pleasantly surprised by the props I see Statham getting. The action genre isn't generally one that gets a lot of praise, but I also feel Jason Statham is underrated as an actor, and doesn't get the general props he deserves. This is a film that could have been pretty routine, but Statham gives it a little something more. I thought J. Lo's character gave the film a different female angle than most films in general. I liked the twist even if others didn't. I do like action films that have a little humor to them, and thought both J. Lo and surprising even Statham added some much needed humor to a film that was otherwise pretty violent and dark. I believe Michael Chiklis is was of the most underrated actors in Hollywood. I don't think there is any part that guy can't play.
I would consider this a definite buy. I can't say this is the most positive action hero film I've ever seen. Statham's character, IMO, really isn't a nice guy. Not even sure I can say he's the lesser of the 4 evils in the films. I think that is what I really liked about the film though. Film actually kind of reminded me of the old Clint Eastwood films I so loved.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you want to see Statham and J. Lo do it like what it supposed to be then this is a must watch movie for you.Published 16 days ago by ernest06
Good plot and lots of action. Definitely not a cheapo. Jason Statham is a real kickboxer but he has proven that he has acting ability also. I enjoyed this one.Published 29 days ago by sue owens
Statham plays his unstoppable self, add in Chiklis. Lopez, Nolte and some great supporting actors make this a great revenge flick. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ron Baker