Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: Large|Color: Black Rubber Rings with Nickel-Palladium Trim|Change

Showing 11-20 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on February 16, 2014
Since I am a man, I will not use the B word, this pen really is beautiful and elegant. The pen is a lot heavier than most pens, there is no plastic in the pen. That said, the pen fits properly in my hand and feels right. The pen feels very cool to touch (temperature). The pen writes smoothly with little effort. The ink does not smear or run nor any accumulation of ink around the point. I really like the pen.
I have to submit hand written reports, as part of my job description and duties, which in turn, the data is then transcribed onto computer, for distribution.
on April 22, 2014
I have been using high quality pens for over 50 years. Simply putting it - this is the best pen I have EVER used - even pens costing 10x more do not feel or write nearly as good. I also love the rubbery grip. Just one gripe: it is HEAVY and the diameter is big. So putting it in your shirt will weigh it down. But otherwise, best writing pen in the world, in my opinion
on December 27, 2013
I had never heard of these pens but saw one in the store and asked about it due to the unique appearance of the 'nib' and classic looking presentation.

Not really having any interest in getting one, that quickly changed when I picked one up and wrote with it. Went home and ordered two of them; one for a gift and the other for myself.

Now that I have my own in hand, it feels great both for tactile feedback on paper and in-hand feel due to the weight. No mistake, this is a heavy pen, and for me, that's a great thing, but if you like lightweight pens then one of the lighter models would be for you.

I've seen some reviews where the purchaser seems to have felt mislead, which made me feel that they did their shopping completely online rather than getting one in hand before making a decision. Being a fan of how fountain pens feel, but not so much of actually writing with them, I like the presentation of this pen, especially that it doesn't bleed as readily as other felt tipped writers, and specifically looked for problems in this area when trying the pen out in the store.

My initial test with the pen was accompanied by the feeling that it would probably have either the problems I'd encountered with roller pens or felt tipped writers, but they've apparently put a lot of attention into addressing all pen issues, and their research has, in my opinion, paid off.

I'm actually going to try writing more letters just so I can use this great writing tool.
on December 6, 2013
this was by far the best investment in a writing instrument I have ever made! when you write with this pen it just flows over the paper and you don't feel like your dragging it. I love the way it feels in your hand. Would I buy it again? You bet I would.
on February 24, 2012
I ordered this pen and have used it for a few weeks now. It works for me because I enjoy using a quality pen but find myself not writing as much as I used to and consequently avoiding my fountain pens. I can use this pen anytime without concerns about ink leaking or drying up. True, I would prefer the fountain pen experience and given four stars for this reason, however I find this writing experience to be almost as good. It is IMHO, superior to a ballpoint or rollerball. Also, I have always liked Sharpies but not their cheap appearance.
on February 19, 2012
first of all, this is a very solid pen with a nice weight to it. It feels substantial in my hand. Since I prefer heavy pens, this was initially what I thought would be a nice addition to my collection.

But then I spent a few days using it during daily transactions. And it just felt "wrong". Not the weight - the "feel" of the actual pen's contact with the writing surface. This is because it's essentially a felt-tip pen. Since I was expecting a roller ball, based on the pen's description of gel-based technology, you might imagine my disappointment.

I have returned this pen for the reasons above. Any pen I have in my collection must feel good to me when writing with it. I own dozens of pens - not just for the sake of collecting them - but so I can write with them. The feel of this otherwise really cool writing implement is just too 'scratchy" for me.

Your mileage may vary.
on August 15, 2013
If you want to look really cool with a Pen at work & still not mess with a Fountain pen this Baby will do the trick. It has a very nice heft to it & of course it glides on the paper. All +'s for this baby.
I'm going to buy one for my Daughter & order a green cartridge which is her favorite color. It's a snap to change from one color to the next.
on December 7, 2016
the pen is quite heavy and the textured grip on the pen grates the skin of the finger used to balance and hold it upright so it becomes uncomfortable if you are using it regularly and at half an hour or more at a time. I wanted to use the pen for drawings but it's too uncomfortable to hold for a long stretch of time so that's why the three stars. If you want it for signing a document, it works fine.
also the ink refill is not the smooth wet ink I recall when trying out the pen
the ink flows out much drier and the dry ink makes for a less fountain pen like experience. it is not as smooth as a gel which is not the ink refill in the store sample display.
on October 10, 2016
Actually, I didn't like this type of ink pen , and in my opinion it will never have a chance to be superior on the traditional fountain pen that really withstood the test of time.
This pen , and the whole technique it represents doesn't deserve this money. It is an ordinary liquid ink pen , nothing more.
on June 8, 2016
I bought this item to take some notes for lab book it looks nice and cool, BUT this item is not for high end use (eg signatures etc). A very nice item if u mean it for daily use, absolutely better than common disposable pens. The price is quite high (not mentioning shipment cost to Japan) but u know cannot know without trying. Cannot be a special gift to ur dad maybe but im sure u like it.