Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 702 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 767 reviews
on August 6, 2015
WHEN these work properly, they're great. I have gone through about 8 of these gel refills so far in my favorite pen, and they write well, usually. Out of 8, one or two didn't work correctly out of the box, about four worked properly for a few months at least, and today, one leaked out the entire contents of ink all over my pants pocket.

Pros:
They write very well when functioning properly.
Nice deep black gel ink, dries somewhat quickly.

Cons:
Not very reliable, I give them about a 50% reliability rating.
Don't last long. I don't write much, and these run out (or stop working) relatively quickly.

__________________________________

Update 11/30/2015:

I just received another order of these, and each one failed catastrophically the very first day of use. These ruined two nearly new pairs of shorts in two days flat, for a total of three pairs of shorts ruined including the previous episode a few months back.

I am lowering my previous 3 star rating to 1 star. I will never order these again.
on June 20, 2016
These refills only lasted a week or so each, unlike they have in the past. One of them the ball broke out of, and the other dried up. I contacted the manufacturer (Newell Rubbermaid Office Products) and they were to replace them under warranty, however they never sent them. When I contacted them again, I received no response as to their replacement.
on March 6, 2017
Perfect...the ink flowed so smooth and dark! It fit into my Parker style pen easily and has been exactly what I needed. I just love the way that gel ink flows in comparison to the ballpoint cartridges that the pens normally come with.
on May 10, 2017
I got these gel refills to replace the regular ballpoint insert in a tactical pen I bought. This fit in perfectly and writes very well. I love how it is ultra smooth and doesn't give me any hassle. I don't use my pen a ton, but it has not disappointed me yet in the couple months I have had it.
on October 25, 2010
Don't buy this product from amazon. I was very disappointed to discover that every other refill in all 2 packs purchased of these refills had the wax covering the tip missing. The effect was that only the refill which had the covering functioned while those with the covering missing were dried out. The refills when functioning are excellent.
on May 15, 2017
The best gel ink refills I've found that fit my favorite pen. I've had a few duds over the years that didn't last as long as others, but overall I've been happy with the brand.

Would be nice if they came in more colors than just Black, Blue, and Red (disclaimer I've never tried Red).
on September 2, 2016
I love the fluidity of this style of pen, but JIMINY! There must be only about a half teaspoon of ink in them. I got about a week and a half out of each refill, and this isn't the pen I use the most. They've lasted me longer in the past, so I either got a bad packet or they've reduced the volume contained.
on March 27, 2017
I like these refills. The pack I bought did have the wax tip to protect it before use. They just run out of ink quickly. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast. I need them for the Walking Dead pens I bought.
on June 15, 2015
It LEAKED all over my suit jacket, into my shirt, and onto my skin. The pen was in my suit jacket pocket, at room temperature. I wore it around the office for a few hours, took off my jacket, and someone pointed at my shirt. The ink leaked and formed a 4 inch circle on the inside of my suit jacket. It bled onto my shirt. The WORST part: The shirt was only about a month old, from a really nice shirtmaker in England. Aggh!
I took the shirt to the dry cleaner, they said it was TOO much ink to get it out! I took the shirt home and covered the spot in hair spray. It got out about 90% of the ink.
The suit pocket is a mess. It didn't bleed to the outside, luckily. Really? It cost me a lot more in aggravation, time and effort than the few bucks I paid for these.
The refill worked really nicely, before it blew up. In fact I loved the glade of the gel ink, and the feel of it on the paper.
on March 2, 2017
Won't use anything else in my Parker pens. The gel dries fast and does not smear. Only drawback is it will bleed if you get it wet. Lasts a long time. People comment on the smoothness of the stroke when I let them borrow a pen.