- File Size: 195 KB
- Print Length: 98 pages
- Publisher: Amazon; 1 edition (August 14, 2011)
- Publication Date: August 14, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005I4P01C
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,790,223 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Parkinson's, Shaken not Stirred! Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
My father had a mild touch of Parkinsons, it only affected his hands when he picked up his cup or mug. Drinking anything became a true adventure for him, so when she starts describing the Locomotion or the Parkinson pirouette, one can't help but get up and start shuffling to their favorite tune. Yes, I felt I was there with she and her family. To use an American expression, "A Good Time was had by All!"
In the poem, "Angry," Elaine lets it all hang out; worrying about the impact and footprint she will leave on our planet. She needn't worry over this. Her words of living one's life to the fullest despite being disabled will be her legacy. I would suggest any doctors/neurologists,psychologists or psychiatrists who have patients with the disease, get a copy and use it in their therapy sessions. It might show them the light on how to adjust their treatments and truly connect with their patients. Elaine, fear not, your place in Heaven is reserved and your words will last long past the illness. Well done!
I will be recommending this work to all of my friends who love poetry. It is well worth the time and insight.
The IndiePENdents ran from December 2011 until February 2016. The organization was the brainchild of Jasha M. Levi, (1921- 2013), Author of 'The Last Exile' et al.
Evaluations were made on already published, independently published, books.
Three 'evaluators' passed books that met basic objective standards of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. Those passing were awarded "The IndiePENdents Seal".
This book was awarded seal number 10012258
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry