Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadcopter - Jungle
|Price:||$189.99 + $6.99 shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Easily updates to meet FAA requirements
- Remote control quadricopter controlled using an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet
- 720p high-definition live video streaming & recording to smartphone or tablet while flying
- Record & share videos & pictures straight from AR. Free Flight piloting app
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
The Ultimate Wi-Fi Controlled Quadricopter
Easily controlled by Wi-Fi using a smartphone or tablet, the latest Parrot AR. Drone 2.0 Elite Edition collection offers enthusiasts a choice of three classic camouflaged styles: sand, snow or jungle. Inspired by desert, arctic and rain forest landscapes. Each individual product is supplied attractively packaged in its own specially designed printed carton with a distinctive indoor and outdoor hull, plus one pair of black propellers and another customized pair of propellers to compliment the color scheme. The exclusive Elite Edition packaging includes one 1000mAh lithium polymer battery to provide up to twelve minutes of flying time, plus a convenient battery charger with international adapters. Featuring a high definition camera with a video recording facility, plus flight data sharing, a patented piloting mode, and an innovative pressure sensor for increased stability at any altitude, Parrot's amazing AR. Drone 2.0 Elite Edition quadricopter can even perform four axis flips on command.
AR. FreeFlight is the primary application used to fly and pilot the AR. Drone 2.0. Use your smartphone or tablet to fly the AR. Drone 2.0, with or without the accelerometer, and switch from the frontal camera to the vertical camera.
The Director mode lets you program automatic movements so that you can shoot great videos just like a movie director. The new AR. Drone 2.0 firmware will eliminate most of the hiccups due to light wind conditions or sudden stop to deliver the smoothest video you'll ever shot with an AR. Drone 2.0. The settings menu lets you fine tune exposure, color saturation, and white balance or choose from an array of presets to quickly find the setting that will fit your needs. *In-app purchase on ar. freeflight
HD 720p Camera
The AR. Drone 2.0 is equipped with a high definition front camera that will let the pilot view exactly what the AR. Drone 2.0 sees, just as if they were in the pilot seat. Download the free AR. FreeFlight application (available on the App Store and Google play) and take control of the AR. Drone 2.0 in just seconds. The user-friendly control interface will appear over the video feedback streamed straight from the AR. Drone 2.0 with no latency, thanks to its self-generated Wi-Fi network. The automatic stabilization system of the AR. Drone 2.0 will ensure an image of high quality indoors, or outdoors even in light wind conditions. Whether using a smartphone or a tablet, the pilot will see a clean, crystal clear image straight from the sky.
Absolute Control Piloting Mode
A brand new and exclusive piloting mode, patented by Parrot for the AR. Drone 2.0. The Absolute Control piloting mode makes life much easier for beginners, by only using your device position as a point of reference. The result is simple, regardless of which direction the front of the AR. Drone 2. 0 is facing, you just have to tilt your smartphone in any direction to see the AR. Drone 2.0 fly towards it. A beginner can now become an expert pilot in a matter of minutes.
Record Directly on Your Device
AR. FreeFlight lets the pilot record video and pictures while flying the AR. Drone 2.0. Simply press the record button to start and end the recording, and use the dedicated photo/video section of the application to watch what you've shot immediately after you have landed. No cables, SD card or PC required. Everything has already been pre-programmed in your smartphone/tablet, so that can watch your performance instantly.
Higher & Faster
The AR. Drone 2.0 offers unique stability, thanks to its embedded sensors and navigation system. Any movement not solicited by the pilot will be automatically corrected by the AR. Drone 2.0 to maintain a perfectly still position in the air, while you are not controlling it. Push it, fly it in windy conditions (up to 15 m/h), and it won't move an inch until you decide to make it move. Thanks to its new pressure sensors, the AR. Drone 2.0 will provide this automatic stability even further, by making sure it remains stable whatever the altitude.
Record & Share on USB
For users wishing to shoot longer videos, without using their smartphone/tablet memory, a USB plug is located inside the AR. Drone 2.0 for easy USB recording. Shoot as much footage as you want, and share easily on YouTube or Picasa when finished, thanks to the embedded options of the application.
A unique acrobatic move specifically designed for the AR. Drone 2.0. Press a button to perform an impressive forward or backward flip, or barrel roll as you are flying. The embedded navigation system of the AR. Drone 2.0 will automatically recover, enabling any new pilot to enjoy this move.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Ok, I own one of these as well as a DJI Phantom. The Phantom is the best drone ever made and some of the best money I ever spent. However, the Phantom v1 with built-in camera costs $500, which is $200 more than the Parrot. The basic model Phantom is $400, but you need to have a GoPro camera to take video.
What this drone does good:
It is simple to fly and pretty stable. I've taken it out in 15mph winds and it handled fine. Anyone can fly it without experience, and after a few hours of flight time you will be a master. The camera takes decent video which streams to your phone or tablet real-time and the video is automatically saved to your photos. It is pretty rugged and can hold up to some crashes. At $300 it comes with everything you need to fly, and it is ready to go right out of the box.
So, why only 4 stars? The main drawback is the control system. It connects to your phone or tablet via WiFi. In other words, the Parrot creates its own WiFi network, and when you connect to that WiFi network you can then use the app to fly the drone. There are two problems with this: First, it only has the range of a WiFi network, which means that at best you can only fly it around 35 yards away from you before the signal gets weak. Compare that to the average standard 2.4ghz R/C transmitter (like the Phantom uses) which has a range of about a mile. Second, since you use the phone as a control, you control it using the touch screen. If you have ever played a FPS or other type of video game on a touch screen you know how much less sensitive it is than using joysticks (i.e. like the joysticks on your PlayStation or XBox remote). You can also use motion control to fly the Parrot. This means when you hold down a "button" on the app, it will move in the way you tilt your phone. Tilt your phone left and it flies left, tilt it forward and the Parrot flies forward. This works really well, as well as it possibly could- but it's STILL not as sensitive as a joystick would be. If they gave you the option to use a transmitter to control it rather than just your phone, this would be a 5 star product.
So now I will talk about it compared to the Phantom: the Phantom is more stable, more powerful and faster, can fly farther, and is easier to control. I have taken the Phantom to the edge of the legal flying height for R/C vehicles (400 feet), I have made it zip around at 20 meters per second (45 mph) and with the GoPro3 it takes insanely good HD video and photos. However, the Phantom v1 with a built-in camera is $500, and the basic model (which I bought for $400) needs a GoPro to take video.
So my final verdict is this:
If you already have a GoPro- it's a no-brainer. Get the Phantom. The extra $50-$100 is TOTALLY worth it. Same if you want a drone and don't care about recording video.
If you don't have a GoPro and don't mind spending around $500, get the Phantom.
If you don't want to spend any more than $300 because of your budget, or because you want a drone but don't want to spend more than $300 for what is essentially a toy, get this.
It is worth the price, and you will have tons of fun with it.
TIP: Buy an extra battery. Each battery has approximately 10 minutes of flying time and takes about 1 hour to charge.
1. Limited range based on WIFI range of your control device, Smartphone or tablet. You will not be flying more than a few hundred feet if that out of the box.
2. Be aware that although there is an Andriod application that works well with this product there is no "Director Mode" for Andriod. This is the feature that is supposed to provide smoother flight to assist with filming. If you have an apple device you can install the application for free but you will be asked to pay a few dollars for "Director Mode" as an addon purchase. I think that should really be free and Parrot really needs to provide Director mode for Andriod.
3. No Return policy from BrookStone. Be aware that if you buy this item from BrookStone they allow no returns or refunds of the Parrot directly to them. This means you would have to ship to Parrot in France for any warranty repair that you can't do yourself.
4. The device itself is made of plastic so you must take care when flying. I use the indoor hull outside if I'm concerned about bumping into any objects where I fly.
5. Battery life is terrible with Battery included giving you about 8 minutes flying time. You should definitely order the 1500 HD battery from Parrot that will give you maybe an additional 15 minutes of flying. The battery will take 1.5 hours to recharge so be aware. Extra battery from Parrot costs about $50
6. Bottom camera quality is terrible. Front camera quality and vid quality is good though you will have problems with stabilization. I don't think it likely you will have any professional quality video from this device but it is a toy. I enjoy it for what it is and it can be a lot of fun.
7. After a few weeks of having the device it already has some defect. Two of the rotors will keep initializing over and over like it has a problem. So far it's flying ok though.
1. Super fun to fly and very easy to fly. You will be flying within a few minutes. Anyone can learn to fly this.
2. Fairly nice front camera photos and video for fun.
3. Not that expensive compared to higher end models like the phantom
4. Using phone/tablet with camera view is nice
5. Getting out of WiFi range it will hover most of the time allowing you time to get back in range and get control. You must be aware of wind drift though.
If you are just starting to fly this watch YouTube videos on how to fly it. I would recommend using the indoor hull for your first few outdoor flights until you are sure you won't crash/bump into something causing damage to the plastic rotors or gears. Plastic replacement parts are available if you have some ability to install.
Overall for the price it's fun but be aware of some of the cons especially with flight range and battery life
I have tried to work thru Parrot customer service and they drag their feet on replying to emails with BS answers that if it was the problem it came from the manufacturer that way.
Now it has been so long that it can't be returned to Amazon.
So far it has been a wast of money that for now I am out.
This is the worst experience I have had buying online at amazon.
Such a dissapointment!!!