Parrot Mambo Fly - Code, Pilot and Play
|Model Name||Parrot Mambo Fly|
|Brand||Parrot Mambo Mission|
|Max Focal Length||1 Millimeters|
|Item Weight||0.14 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Parrot Mambo is easy and safe to pilot
- Learn to code with your drone
- The Free Flight Mini app expands your options for playing and experiences
- Compatible with IOS/Android size from 4.5 Inch
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fly in an instant
Enjoy a simple flying system
Learn coding with mambo
We partner with the best coding platforms to offer you lots of options to code drones using your favorite tablets and Chromebooks.
We support blocs coding (Tynker, Blockly) and text coding (Javascipt, Python...).
We also have full support for Apple Swift Playground!
Thanks to an advanced flight controller and powerful sensors, Parrot Mambo is easy to fly both indoors and outdoors. It’s so easy that even when you let go of the controls, the drone remains stable! The auto-pilot takes over. The innovation doesn’t stop there. Activate the 'cut-out system' and the motors will shut off in case of an impact.
Fly with freeflight mini
With a user-friendly interface, simplified drone connection and automatic recognition of your connected minidrones and accessories, everything in FreeFlight Mini has been designed to increase your gaming possibilities and experiences tenfold.
Experience flying sensations
Adapted to all skill levels thanks to three piloting modes (Easy, Drift, and Racing).
Perform aerial stunts, barrel rolls, and flips, and even perform a magical take-off from your hand.
Compare with similar items
Learn to fly like a Pro discover the Parrot Mambo, the quadcopter drone from our range of robust and easy to fly minidrones. Considered one of the most stable minidrones on the market thanks to its auto-pilot, you will have no trouble controlling it to interact with your friends and even take your picture from the air. Easy flying with a smartphone stable flying take snapshots scalable drone enjoy a simple, high-performance flying system thanks to an advanced flight controller and powerful sensors, parrot Mambo is easy to fly both indoors and outdoors. It's so easy that even if you let go The controls, it remains stable! The auto-pilot takes over. The innovation doesn't stop there. Activate the "cut-out system" And the motors shut down in case of an impact. Take pictures of you and your friends The Parrot Mambo follows you in all your adventures and allows you to keep souvenirs thanks to the photos taken by its integrated vertical camera. They will then be automatically saved to your phone. Your only limit is your imagination! Enjoy a truly scalable drone upgrade your drone thanks to the patented smart block system that allows you to connect accessories to the drone. Equip your parrot Mambo with the cannon, the Grabber or the FPV camera (accessories sold separately) and exploit the full potential of your drone. Download, you're ready for your next race! Wit
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: no issues connecting to the drone anymore, so far it has proven reliable. Bumping up the rating to 4 stars.
A blast to fly indoors or outdoors. Outdoors the range isn't super long, but I wouldn't expect that. Maybe 100 feet? If it looses contact with the controller, it hovers.
Altitude hold works great.
It's even easy to fly if you turn off the altitude hold
I've crashed and crashed and with the hull on (prop guards) it is super durable. Once it makes contact, it shuts off and falls down. I've only lost one prop when hitting a bunch of bushes (don't ask). but I haven't broken anything yet. I even ran smack into a tree at FULL speed and nothing broke! Awesome!
The not as good:
The FPV googles are difficult to set up. It took me days to figure out how to connect them. And there is very little information on the web. I have to follow an exact process or they won't connect. Once they do connect, they loose the connection after a few minutes. And the range for the video feed is very short. I have to pretty much follow the drone around the house or it looses contact. I can't fly it into other rooms without following it.
FPV connection procedure:
1) Fire up drone
2) Connect drone to phone app (it connects through Bluetooth)
3) Connect remote to phone app
4) Put camera on top of drone after already connected
5) I get a message that I need to connect via Wifi. So, I connect via WiFi
6) Now it's ready to fly with the googles.
If I don't follow that exact procedure, it won't recognize the camera and can't be flown via FPV mode.
But overall, for the price, I think it's very fun to fly and worth the money. So I'm giving it a 4.6 which rounds up to a 5.
Note: The grabber and cannon shooter did NOT come with this version. Only the camera.
It's harder to fly these without enough light for the down-facing camera to see texture. In a dim room they drift around an don't hover as steadily.
Most of my problems and crashes learning to fly it were from the smartphone app. When my FlyPad controller showed up, my drone piloting skills got much better much quicker. The app does have more options and settings, but the FlyPad connects quickly and does all of what I need to get practice flying the drone.
The Mambo handles a lot like a Bebop 2, but at a couple ounces instead of most of a pound, the Mambo is safer to fly inside. I believe most of the skills practiced on the Mambo are transferable to my Bebops and whatever's next. I was a pilot most of my life and sitting in a cockpit at the controls was not helpful for learning to fly a drone! The Mambo has been the best for me, an elder geek, to learn.
One of the Drone’s four propellers did not work, and I should have been alerted. It's a simple issue. Faulty Product, Return, Done. Because it was a gift, my father didn’t want to bother me and talked directly with Parrot. The Parrot Customer Service may assume that it was crashed and broken, but this is not the case. The customer service gave him the run around for 5 weeks needing proof of this, a photo of that, a video of this, more proof of that. After 6 weeks he told me, and I contacted Amazon. The issue was resolved immediately. Again, it’s a simple issue. Product returned. BRAVO AMAZON. That will keep me coming back to Amazon. But not to Parrot. The replacement drone will not be a Parrot Drone, but it will be purchased through Amazon.
Top international reviews
Insomma, appena arrivato credevo di aver fatto un grande acquisto... visto il prezzo tutto sommato contenuto.
Purtroppo però il prodotto ha enormi problemi.
- il collegamento con la fotocamera è una roulette russa, può funzionare perfettamente anche per un paio di giorni di fila e smettere per altrettanto tempo. L'ho testato in un campo, lontano da ogni possibile interferenza... se non è in giornata non si collega, mentre a volte mi è capitato che in condominio funzionasse perfettamente con almeno 20 router wi-fi nel raggio di 150 m.
- se vi allontanate troppo il drone si sgancerà dal controller e purtroppo proseguirà per i fatti suoi... state andando dritti in una direzione e perdete il segnale? il drone continuerà a correre in tale direzione e non si fermerà fino a che non troverà un ostacolo o gli si scaricherà la batteria.
Quindi usatelo lontano da persone ignare ed in zone recintate, usato in un parco potrebbe finire addosso a qualcuno ed in campo aperto perdersi all'orizzonte.
- potrà capitarvi che il drone risponda al decollo solo dall'app del telefono e che tramite joystick sia controllabile solo altezza e direzione, il tutto si risolverà da solo per poi ricapitare qualche giorno dopo
Peccato, davvero.... il drone ha una stabilità invidiabile ed è davvero facile e divertente da utilizzare.
Ma purtroppo non mi sento di consigliarlo nemmeno nella versione senza accessori.
Ho ricevuto il prodotto, l'ho testato ed ho chiesto la sostituzione per i problemi di cui sopra, ricevuto il prodotto in sostituzione ho avuto ancora più problemi ed ho effettuato il reso.
Una nota positiva va al servizio di Amazon, davvero professionale e molto disponibile.
All in all I am very happy with my purchase.
The drone is very reliable and fly s very well BUT when you connect the FPV camera you get multiple disconnections from the flyPad, No matter what you do the Flypad disconnects but it is showing still connected, turn off the flypad and the drone drops to 2mts then turn flypad back on and you reconnect, then after anywhere from 30 sec to a couple of minutes off it goes again.
I have been in-touch with parrot and although there customer service is first class (another Story) they are definitely not listening to this problem. Many other people have the same problem.
Parrot if you read this please get in-touch.
Despite looking very fragile it's shrugged off quite a few knocks so far. Battery life is long to charge and short to enjoy, as seems to be customary for these sorts of things.
The addition of the camera (which was the justification for the extra money for a casual flier like me) has been an absolute headache to set up. I can't even remember which of the hundred ways I tried to set it up finally worked, but expect a lot of fiddling and temperamental connection issues from the app. It took me a full day to finally get the drone, camera and controller to all connect and work as intended. By the time you've got it all tuned in and set up (every use, mind you) that's a third of your eight-minute battery time down the train.
Even then there's a bit of a deal-breaker with the camera: There's a half-second delay in the video feed. You can just about get away with it if you're in an open space and flying carefully, but don't expect to be racing around like it's a video game. The range is also pretty poor - at least with walls between you and the drone.
On the plus I got a nice set of VR goggles out of it for Google cardboard.
In summary I'd say that it's a nice little drone in itself, but I can't recommend that the camera justifies the extra expense. Unfortunately where these features are concerned you need to be buying one of the higher end models for quality that's any more than a brief novelty.
The controller has a take off and land button which works very well. 4 buttons on the controller to flip forward and backwards, flip sidways etc, works great. Camera is 720p which also good. You can fly it with the controller or smart phone via an app, all easy to do. The camera has a mico sd card to record flights or if you don't use the sd card it records to your smart phone which I find is easier as you can access the video straight away or by pressing R1 on the controller it will take an image. A very good thing about the mambo is it has 3 settings. beginner's setting is so easy to fly even me and my 11 year old son can fly it easily. If you let go of the controller it just hovers on the spot. I have not used the other 2 settings yet but race mode looks like great fun but until I master the controls I'll keep it on easy/beginner's mode.
I've crashed it a few times as this is my first every drone, but all is still good just the propeller guard came off, I just put it back on and off I go again. Another good thing is all parts are sold on Amazon if you crash hard, but I've not had to change anything as of yet.
Now here's the bad part, and it is only one thing, battery life is only around 5 minutes. Again if your using you phone to view and controller to fly it will start beeping at you when battery is low , also has red flashing LEDs on the drone also to tell you battery is low, but I've found you still have about 2 minutes flight time so you can get it back to land easily with plenty of time to spare.
The extra 3 batteries pack and charger is very recommended if buying the mambo.
All in all, I love it. it's just the flight time lets it down so I'm giving it a 4 out of 5
Nun zu den leisen Kritikpunkten:
1. Die beiliegende Beschreibung ist absolut dürftig! Sie reicht gerade so um mit der Drohne das erste mal abzuheben. Auch Online lässt sich keine bessere Anleitung finden. Ich habe dann einige Fragen mühsam über das Tutorial zusammensuchen müssen, aber auch da wird man nicht umfassend schlau draus. Ich hatte ursprünglich nicht vor gehabt, die App zu verwenden, dennoch hat sich diese dann als recht aufschlussreich herausgestellt. Es gibt veilfältige Möglichkeiten die Drohne einzustellen, angefangen über den Steuerungsmodus und die maximalen Geschwindigkeiten bis hin zu Kameraeinstellungen. Wenn man sich ein bisschen durch die App spielt klären sich die meisten Fragen. Den Rest findet man im Tutorial. Insbesondere die Dreifach-Kopplung zwischen Drohne Handy und FlyPad habe ich doch recht lange erspielen müssen. Für die unzureichende Dokumentation gibt es einen Stern Abzug.
2. Das Zubehör ist "lustig", aber nicht wirklich nützlich. Der Greifer klemmt bei mir öfters, sodass ich mit einer Pinzette an der Spindel stochern muss. Leider kann der Greifer bzw. die Drohne nur sehr leichte Sachen transportieren. Diese werden jedoch vom Luftstrom der Drohne sofort weggeweht, sodass ein Aufnehmen mit dem Greifer nicht möglich ist. Man kann nur Sachen per Hand an den Greifer übergeben und sie dann irgendwo fallen lassen. Die Kanone schießt ganz ordentlich, ungefähr 2-3 Meter, je nach Flughöhe. Auch ist der Lego-ähnliche Verbindungsmechanismus recht schwergängig und man muss doch stärker drücken um den Kontakt sicher herzustellen. Da bei mir jedoch das Zubehör nicht im Vordergrund stand und nur dazugenommen wurde, weil es quasi gratis war (Mission Pack genauso teuer wie Drohne und FlyPad einzeln), gibt es dafür keinen Abzug.
So viel für jetzt, werde die Rezension erweitern wenn neue Erkenntnisse vorliegen.
Battery life is 8 mins fly time which is pretty poor but overall once you invest in some spare batteries you can have hours of fun with this