Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider - Blue" and save 39% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.82 shipping
Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider - Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- An ultra-compact drone with amazing stability and speed, indoors and outdoors. Before using the Rolling Spider, the user needs to make sure its own smartphone or tablet is compatible with the Rolling Spider. The list of compatibility is available http://www.parrot.com/usa/compatibility/ on the Parrot website. Then, in order to establish the Bluetooth connection with Rolling Spider, we recommend following the instructions mentioned on the attached user guide (Page 5) or take one minute to watch the tutorial videos showing to set it up for the first time https://youtu.be/BsTvOozjcxg
- Turns 90° and 180° and performs acrobatic 360° forward and backward flips. If the Rolling Spider isn’t flying, we recommend making sure it’s paired correctly using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and also confirm the battery was charged prior to attempting a fly. This procedure is explained on Page 4 of the user guide. Please note the pairing is automatic from the FreeFlight 3 App. If the battery is defective, we ask end users to contact Parrot at 877-9PARROT (972-7768) and we will immediately replace it. The front or rear propellers are already mounted accordingly on the Rolling Spider; therefore, we recommend adjusting the settings of the Rolling Spider by selecting “Flat Trim” to get back to the default settings of the device.
- Fitted with a propeller circuit-breaker in the event of a crash
- Removable wheels to roll anywhere: across the floor, up the walls or across the ceiling
- Take aerial shots like selfies from the sky with the embedded vertical mini-camera
- FreeFlight 3 app offers an intuitive control from your smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth® Smart and is free
- Lithium-Polymer battery, rechargeable and removable, lasts up to 8 minutes and full recharge in 1 hour
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Fly and roll!
Parrot's Rolling Spider will amaze you! Thanks to Bluetooth Smart technology, Rolling Spider connects to your Smartphone or tablet, and is easily piloted through the free application FreeFlight 3. Turn any place into a playground with this fun and lively robot as it weaves through the air, showing off its acrobatic moves!
With a click of your finger, Rolling Spider flips 360° and with a simple swipe it can turn 90° and 180°. Entertain your friends using pre-programmed acrobatic moves available on your application.
The agile, ultra-compact drone
Attach removable wheels to your Rolling Spider and get ready to roll it across the floor, up a wall or across the ceiling: the sky is the limit!
The first quadricopter to fly and roll on the ceiling
- Indoors and outdoors, fly up to 18 km/h or 11 mph with one of the most stable quadricopters of this size
- Easy piloting on the free FreeFlight 3 application
- Take photos (300,000 px) with the embedded, vertical 360px mini-camera
- Bluetooth Smart technology
Small, but full of technology
An accelerometer and gyroscope inside Rolling Spider measure and analyze its every movement, while the automatic pilot mode corrects Rolling Spider's angle and position.
The vertical camera takes pictures of a set point on the ground every 16 milliseconds; each photo is then compared to the previous one in order to determine Rolling Spider's speed.
Free FreeFlight 3 App
Rolling Spider offers tactile, super-intuitive driving control thanks to Bluetooth Smart technology and the FreeFlight 3 application. FreeFlight 3 is compatible with Bluetooth Smart compatible iOS and Android Smartphones and tablets and available on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1.
This application offers a control range of up to 20 meters/65 ft. and is also used to pilot Parrot Jumping Sumo.
Customize your Rolling Spider
Rolling Spider is available in 3 colors – white, blue and red. You can customize your Rolling Spider using a set of 12 stickers (included).
A removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to 8 minutes of flying time (6 minutes with wheels). The battery is also compatible with Parrot Jumping Sumo.
Parrot Rolling Spider - Bluetooth 4.0 Controlled Robotic Toy - Fly & Roll Blue
Top customer reviews
I got this with the intent of scripting interactions with it. As it communicates over bluetooth, one can actually pair with it using their laptop/computer and if you know how, you can get it to fly using a program (and have it do scripted interactions).
That's really hard though, and I can spin the motors but I'm too cautious to programmatically control it just yet.
And yes, I had the bloody battery issue. I was very busy and am only just getting around to fix it. If you submit a warranty claim though, they'll take it.. however they'll also offer up this advice:
If you would like to try a potential fix, it may resolve the problem. Inside the drone there are 3 battery contacts that stick up from the bottom of the battery tray. Slightly bending these inward toward one another will allow them to make better contact with the battery and should resolve the problem. You want to be careful when doing these that you don't cause the pins to touch, or bend too much. This adjustment is best done with a small pair of needle nose pliers.
The little guy does take a beating though. I still haven't broken a prop and I've banged it around a bit, with and without wheels.
It's balancing/position holding isn't very strong, and it seems to have some issues over grass where it'll start going down for landing and then just get stuck in the air, no longer responding to communication.
Stuff like that actually seems to happen a lot, especially with landing/taking off, where it'll receive the action and just lock up. At least it doesn't fly away like it apparently used to!
Overall, this is a nifty little device but quite expensive. If you want an intro quadcopter and don't mind a regular controller there are far cheaper ones of at least the same quality. However, the novelty of bluetooth connectivity was worth it to me.
Now to controlling it there are three sets of controls one is ace one is joystick and there is one normal. I have found anything other than the joystick a pain and seems to just go up and down the joystick gives you more control of the drone.
Problems you may have: something's that I have found that messed up flight are one not charging the battery all the way because it seemed to just take off when I did that with no control and that's probably because the battery was dead. Two it didn't take off for me for a while and I figured out that I had the blades on the wrong parts even though they look the same they are different sizes. And three and this is going to happen when you first get it you are going to hit someone or something and hurt the blade meaning it will be off and it won't work quite right like I said before buy extra blades.
Once you get the hang of it it does work I bought this because it was 100 bucks and I also bought the bebop drone and I wanted to practice with something that is a little more replaceable than the bebop. It is a good product you do need to do updates and things before you use it as well.
I have seen many complaints about its range and it taking off but keep the battery up and have spares and it won't take off. Make sure the blades are good. Practice before trusting it out and if you have a house big enough to test the range try doing that before going outside so you know what the range is. And if you do wanna test it outside tie a string to it because I have also read that if its out of range it may take off so until you are comfortable with knowing what's going to happen test it out first.
It's a good product follow this post and you will be successful trust me I got a little flustered a few times but once I got it down it works very well.
Most recent customer reviews
The controls are finicky, it is cheaply made, loses connection easily, battery lasts for 5 minutes at most, and you can't fly it in any sort...Read more