Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider - Blue
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- An ultra-compact drone with amazing stability and speed, indoors and outdoors. Before using the Rolling Spider, the user needs to make sure its own smartphone or tablet is compatible with the Rolling Spider. The list of compatibility is available http://www.parrot.com/usa/compatibility/ on the Parrot website. Then, in order to establish the Bluetooth connection with Rolling Spider, we recommend following the instructions mentioned on the attached user guide (Page 5) or take one minute to watch the tutorial videos showing to set it up for the first time https://youtu.be/BsTvOozjcxg
- Turns 90° and 180° and performs acrobatic 360° forward and backward flips. If the Rolling Spider isn’t flying, we recommend making sure it’s paired correctly using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and also confirm the battery was charged prior to attempting a fly. This procedure is explained on Page 4 of the user guide. Please note the pairing is automatic from the FreeFlight 3 App. If the battery is defective, we ask end users to contact Parrot at 877-9PARROT (972-7768) and we will immediately replace it. The front or rear propellers are already mounted accordingly on the Rolling Spider; therefore, we recommend adjusting the settings of the Rolling Spider by selecting “Flat Trim” to get back to the default settings of the device.
- Fitted with a propeller circuit-breaker in the event of a crash
- Removable wheels to roll anywhere: across the floor, up the walls or across the ceiling
- Take aerial shots like selfies from the sky with the embedded vertical mini-camera
- FreeFlight 3 app offers an intuitive control from your smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth® Smart and is free
- Lithium-Polymer battery, rechargeable and removable, lasts up to 8 minutes and full recharge in 1 hour
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Parrot Rolling Spider - Bluetooth 4.0 Controlled Robotic Toy - Fly & Roll Blue
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I got this with the intent of scripting interactions with it. As it communicates over bluetooth, one can actually pair with it using their laptop/computer and if you know how, you can get it to fly using a program (and have it do scripted interactions).
That's really hard though, and I can spin the motors but I'm too cautious to programmatically control it just yet.
And yes, I had the bloody battery issue. I was very busy and am only just getting around to fix it. If you submit a warranty claim though, they'll take it.. however they'll also offer up this advice:
If you would like to try a potential fix, it may resolve the problem. Inside the drone there are 3 battery contacts that stick up from the bottom of the battery tray. Slightly bending these inward toward one another will allow them to make better contact with the battery and should resolve the problem. You want to be careful when doing these that you don't cause the pins to touch, or bend too much. This adjustment is best done with a small pair of needle nose pliers.
The little guy does take a beating though. I still haven't broken a prop and I've banged it around a bit, with and without wheels.
It's balancing/position holding isn't very strong, and it seems to have some issues over grass where it'll start going down for landing and then just get stuck in the air, no longer responding to communication.
Stuff like that actually seems to happen a lot, especially with landing/taking off, where it'll receive the action and just lock up. At least it doesn't fly away like it apparently used to!
Overall, this is a nifty little device but quite expensive. If you want an intro quadcopter and don't mind a regular controller there are far cheaper ones of at least the same quality. However, the novelty of bluetooth connectivity was worth it to me.
Now to controlling it there are three sets of controls one is ace one is joystick and there is one normal. I have found anything other than the joystick a pain and seems to just go up and down the joystick gives you more control of the drone.
Problems you may have: something's that I have found that messed up flight are one not charging the battery all the way because it seemed to just take off when I did that with no control and that's probably because the battery was dead. Two it didn't take off for me for a while and I figured out that I had the blades on the wrong parts even though they look the same they are different sizes. And three and this is going to happen when you first get it you are going to hit someone or something and hurt the blade meaning it will be off and it won't work quite right like I said before buy extra blades.
Once you get the hang of it it does work I bought this because it was 100 bucks and I also bought the bebop drone and I wanted to practice with something that is a little more replaceable than the bebop. It is a good product you do need to do updates and things before you use it as well.
I have seen many complaints about its range and it taking off but keep the battery up and have spares and it won't take off. Make sure the blades are good. Practice before trusting it out and if you have a house big enough to test the range try doing that before going outside so you know what the range is. And if you do wanna test it outside tie a string to it because I have also read that if its out of range it may take off so until you are comfortable with knowing what's going to happen test it out first.
It's a good product follow this post and you will be successful trust me I got a little flustered a few times but once I got it down it works very well.
Most recent customer reviews
The controls are finicky, it is cheaply made, loses connection easily, battery lasts for 5 minutes at most, and you can't fly it in any sort...Read more