Top positive review
5 people found this helpful
Have tried others, don't waste your time - this is the one.
on January 15, 2014
I originally bought this head unit at the start of 2013. I sold my car and the head unit with it, as a new car was on the way.
I thought I'd try something different, see if anything better was on the market. i bought a custom dynavin head unit to replace the original stereo in the new audi a3, and it was a piece of crap. terrible interface, slow, rubbish touch screen etc. the asteroid smart was sorely missed.
so i bought this unit again and i couldn't be happier. yes it does have its flaws but comparatively it blows the competition out of the water - unless you want to play cds... shouldn't be a problem for the intended market.
- the touch screen
- ipod software
- popular apps on the marketplace like spotify and tune in
- ability to sideload apk apps with ease
- quality sound output
things to improve
- remember to start on ipod on boot, rather than just land on the main screen. however a relatively recent software update now lets the unit start with radio on so it's not all frowns
- not having a volume knob can sometimes be annoying, but only for 3-4 seconds til you reach the media player. you learn to end up leaving it on the media player for quick swipe up/down for volume change
- native ability to re-size icons
do yourself a favour and buy this! installation is also a breeze, even for those who haven't got a lot of experience fitting head units. can't wait to see what Parrot delivers next.
Note: I'm from Australia, bought unit here on Amazon USA.