Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 499 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 548 reviews
on June 13, 2014
Not sure why this didn't occur to me, but the word "coiled" in the description of this product means "coiled like a spring." As a result, the cable is actually about 1 foot long in a resting state. You can stretch out the cable to a full 3 feet, but when you let go, it will spring back into its shorter, coiled form. It turns out this was perfect for my purposes, but it might not be what everyone is looking for.
on January 3, 2016
As reviewed by others, this cable set is a piece of junk. The problem is in the male plug - it does not fit properly in the stero jacks. - they result in static, low or no sound, etc. I put a micrometer on the barrels to see if that was the problem but the diameter was the same as a good plug. Problem does not seem to be in the wire to plug connection but in the plug manufacture itself. Take my advice and save your money by buying a little more expensive wire.
on September 1, 2014
Well, it works... barely. Using it to couple my new iPhone to a set of desktop Logitech speakers. Connectors seat OK, but I find myself fiddling with the connector boots to improve the signal. (!) There's a bad connection that causes lots of static if don't have everything positioned just right. And the speakers start humming when I unplug the phone - perhaps a near-short circuit? I'm no audiophile, but even I can hear the attenuation on the low end (from a cable that's only 3ft long). Reminds me of my dorm room daze when we still had that Dolby-effect switch for audio tapes. I will be shopping elsewhere for a replacement.
on December 6, 2015
These little things you see on the picture with "Monoproice" written on them, they slid back on the cable as soon as I pulled out the cable from the 3.5mm connection. Both ends were identical - unsecured, as shown on attached picture.
review image
on February 26, 2017
Failed and Amazon will not replace it even though the website indicates the item can be returned through Feb 26, today!
on September 5, 2015
The plastic grippy cover over where jack meets cable (with the "Monoprice" label) came loose the first time I disconnected from my phone, exposing all the individual wires. At $5, this is a pricey cable for such a common size. I expected it to last more than 15 seconds. Piece of crap.
on December 3, 2016
I bought this to replace the wire cable on my wife's headphones, since one of the connectors broke. I had previously bought a heaver duty cable, but the connector housing was too wide to fit in the slot. This unit fit perfectly. My only issue with this is that the coil tension was too strong and if you had it connecting the headphones to an audio source, it would tend to pull out the audio connector if the headphones were more than about 18 inches from the source. My solution was to tie one end and hand a weight on the other end to stretch out the coil as much as possible and now it works fine, but doesn't look that great.
on August 25, 2012
I purchased 3 of these cables for different applications. One was to hook the headphone out of my DROID to the Aux in on my car. Within one week, the cable started dropping the right channel intermittently and now only works when I do a lot a jiggering of the cable at both ends. The build quality is pretty terrible for it to fail within a week.

I also got one for a permanent hookup between audio components. The sound quality is fine and there are no signs of failure. As the cable will not be moved, I trust it will remain OK.

BUT, as most folks are going to use this with a mobile device (IPod, Smartphone, etc), I highly recommend you purchase a better quality cable with much more durable and flexible end connections. I learned my lesson.
on January 18, 2017
Weak sheathing broke within a month with very little use. Need to use better quality materials
on August 24, 2016
Complete garbage. Metal in the pins looked like it was made of reclaimed soda cans, and barely functioned. Worked one day before it just stopped working entirely and I would have gotten better audio quality from a piece of burlap twine. It wasn't coiled, either. I knew I was buying cheap but the fact that monoprice would put their name on this piece of s*** means I'll never trust their brand again.