Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 318 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on December 19, 2012
I've been a ham radio operator since I was a little kid, experienced in HF to microwave. I needed a 300-ohm matched FM antenna for my KLH Model 21 restoration and this antenna was the perfect match, literally. It's well built for its intended use as an indoor antenna. Like any antenna, you'll have to move it around to find peak reception on your favorite station and then pin it up in that position. I was able to bring a fringing, in-the-noise NPR station 50 miles away to full quieting with this dipole.

Note that this antenna is made for radios with twin antenna terminals for 300-ohm antennas. If you have a 75-ohm connector (with an F connector, for instance), you'll need a 300-ohm to 75-ohm transformer like this http://www.amazon.com/300-Ohm-UHF-Matching-Transformer/dp/B0002ZPIOG or one like this http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-Push-On-Type-Balun/dp/B0002ZPIOQ depending on your connection gender.

This antenna is simple and effective. Nice.
66 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2017
Excellent Antenna !!!! made a huge difference in the quality of signal and sound... i was using a single wire antenna that showed me getting full strength signals, but there was hiss and fade... This antenna has two wires running the entire length, and it is longer then my old one, so i can also position it better... Well worth the cost !!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 29, 2015
This antenna appears to be well made. It is not magic.....but it did improve my reception in the country by about 50%. It did take some placement research.....and I ended up placing it "vertically".......so the "T" is straight up and down. I bought an RCA transformer to go with it.....and I am pleased for the money. It is a definite improvement over the single straight wire antenna supplied from the manufacturer...GT:)
on April 19, 2016
Now that Radio Shack is going/gone, Parts Express is a great place for small electronic components and parts. I've made multiple purchases from them both directly and through Amazon. Good value, fast service and the stuff works great. This is a pretty simple component, but I've also purchased small amplifiers and speakers, and all appear to be good values and effective in use.
on April 28, 2015
It kinda sorta works, although the actual wire is a ridiculously thin gauge, probably 36 gauge or something like that. I threw this away and gerry-rigged my own FM dipole antenna by using two 32" lengths of 18 gauge speaker wire with a pair of speaker pins, and got much better reception.
on June 28, 2017
Kind of cheaply made but it does the job. This is not going to suddenly pull in the weakest of stations but for those in range it will do the job. I went from receiving no stations to getting a bunch on my recently refurbished 41 year old vintage receiver. I am in a poor reception area to begin with so anything that helps to me is worth it.
on February 8, 2016
I bought this FM radio antenna for use with one of my uncle's old receivers in which he had lost the antenna he was previously using during a move. It worked right away without any issues and had no reception problems from what I could tell in picking up all the local FM radio stations at his home in Texas. It's simple, inexpensive, and works exactly as it is supposed to, even if it's not the prettiest antenna to look at.
on June 5, 2016
Nicely made dipole antenna. While my FM radio reception did improve when I installed the dipole, distant stations (>25 miles) are somewhat fuzzy and don't come in at all on rainy days. Still, it is an improvement and an inexpensive one at that. Reception did improve significantly for stations within 20 miles.
on December 28, 2016
If you have a stereo system and need FM reception, this is nice, just be aware it is wiring that needs to be placed in a T-shape configuration. It works much better than most cheap telescoping antennas as long as you mount it correctly.
on June 17, 2017
It is very good for the price ,I love it . pick up the station from 40 miles away since hook it up. I use it in apartment in NY which is many building around . I try another brand with the higher price before but not get the result I hope for. good and simplicity recommend.