Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life Hardcover – April 24, 2006
|New from||Used from|
"In Trump We Trust" by Ann Coulter
Ann Coulter, with her unique insight, candor, and sense of humor, makes the definitive case for why we should all join Donald Trump's revolution. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
If you look at their agenda they are.
ITS NOT JUST abortion-on-demand. Its euthanasia, embryo destruction, even infanticideand a potentially deadly concern with "the quality of life" of disabled people. If you think these issues dont concern youguess again. The Party of Death could be roaring into the White House, as National Review senior editor Ramesh Ponnuru shows, in the person of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
In The Party of Death, Ponnuru details how left-wing radicals, using abortion as their lever, took over the Democratic Partyand how they have used their power to corrupt our law and politics, abolish our fundamental right to life, and push the envelope in ever more dangerous directions. In The Party of Death, Ponnuru reveals:
* How Hillary Clinton could use the abortion issue (but not in the way you think) to become president * Why the conventional wisdom about Roe v.Wade is a lie * How the party of deatha coalition of special interests ranging from Planned Parenthood to Hollywoodcame to own the Democratic Party * How the mainstream media promotes the party of death * Why Jesse Jackson, Al Gore, and other leading liberals gave up being pro-life * How liberals use animal rights to displace human rights * The Democratic presidential candidate who said that infanticide is a mothers "choice" * How doctorsand other health care professionalsare being coerced, by law, into violating their consciences * The ultrasound revolution: why theres hope to stop the party of death
Ponnurus shocking exposé shows just how extreme the Party of Death has become as they seek to destroy every inconvenient life, demand fealty to their radical agenda, and punish anyone who defies them. But he also shows how the tide is turning, how the Party of Death can be defeated, and why its last victim might be the Democratic Party itself.
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This book unfortunately is no different. So just to set the record straight here are some simple facts
1) The Party of Death does not refer to the Democratic Party it simply refers to any person right or left who favors abortion and the logical siblings of euthanasia and research on embryos.
2) The book uses ZERO, NADA, ZILCH, NONE, NOT-A ONE theological arguments.
3) The author painstakingly shows abortion from the women's point of view.
4) The author shows very clearly and concisely the difference between killing in war, capital punishment and abortion. He does not endorse wars or capital punishment but shows the arguments that try to link Abortion to those are absurdly fallacious.
When I was a left winger I too reflexively supported Abortion. That was my party's position and I had heard all of the talking points to replete blindly without thought. Than something happened I became aware of the fact that many of the cherished ideologies that I was holding didn't seem to fit the facts. I began to question certain ideas and was immediately told by the higher ups in these left-wing organizations to not think about the subjects. There were those with more intelligence and ability that have already thought for me.Read more ›
1. The pro-life argument can be made in a completely secular manner. The pro-life argument will work without faith in the Trinity, Krishna, Zeus, or any god for that matter.
2. Abortion is legal in the United States through nine months of pregnancy due to the broad language of the abortion laws.
3. A support of infanticide is difficult to separate from the pro-choice argument. i.e. see Peter Singer and other pro-choice academics.
4. Pro-lifers are winning the abortion argument via an incremental approach toward abortion law.
Though most of his work is focused on the lengths Democrats go to cater to the pro-choice ideology, to his credit Ponnuru criticizes Republicans as well as Democrats. If some Republicans rely on flimsy pro-choice arguments, they should be called out on it just the same. I would have given the book 5 stars, but I think one weak point is the essay format. What I mean is, the book is more like a collection of essays. The chapters are short and easy to read, but sometimes that's a disadvantage. At times, I would like a little less rambling about examples and a little more explanation of arguments. Examples can help illustrate a point, but they can also get a bit cumbersome at times.
Minus this minor criticism, I very much recommend the book. The light Ponnuru shines on the mostly weak pro-choice logic is worth the price. Some good history lessons are also included.Read more ›
Ponnuru's book lays the case for opposing abortion. Ultimately, I think that presents a challenge to those on the pro-choice side. Rather than responding with incendiary rhetoric and character assassination, Ponnuru's book should serve as a challenge to the pro-choice side to produce equally objective, reasoned and dispassionate arguments in favor of abortion, euthanasia and infanticide. Can it be done?
I disagree with the choice of title for the book. It does detract from the well-written and well-presented content. Nevertheless, beyond the title, the book succeeds and is a must read for pro-life supporters to understand the objective rationale for their positions, and also for pro-choice supporters to truly understand the pro-life view and to enable them, if possible, to respond in kind.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book had zero research--even for its title. Texas GOP Governor Rick Perry just presided under a record 234 executions--while trying to ramrod a bill through his State... Read morePublished on June 30, 2013 by Robin Orlowski
Widely recognized as one of the leading conservative minds in the country, Ramesh Ponnuru, the senior editor of National Review, felt compelled to write a book on the cause for... Read morePublished on February 1, 2010 by Matthew P. Cochrane
In this book, Ponnuru shows how the unqualified acceptance of abortion, human embryonic stem cell research, and assisted suicide are at the heart of what Ponnuru calls the "party... Read morePublished on July 1, 2009 by Bobby Bambino
This book was sectioned well and covered most of the ideas that have sprung from the Eugenics Movement. It warns of the slippery slope of the disregard of human life. Read morePublished on February 27, 2009 by K. Burns
Abortion is a serious matter, and deserves serious dialogue and debate. Unfortunately -- as with Ponnuru's other writings at, e.g. Read morePublished on March 1, 2008 by Kevin_N
It was not many years ago that both major political parties tiptoed around abortion as a party platform, with both fearing to take a stand either way. Read morePublished on May 12, 2007 by Martin Asiner
The early fifth century saw the beginning of what historian Edward Gibbon would call the decline and fall of the Roman Empire. Read morePublished on January 11, 2007 by Sean P. Pidgeon
"The Party of Death" will unsettle those who lean towards or favor abortion, embryonic stem research, and/or euthanasia. Read morePublished on December 29, 2006 by Thomas M. Loarie
THE PARTY OF DEATH by Ramesh Ponnuru is quite possibly the most important book published thus far into "The Aughts" (the year 2000 through 2006). Read morePublished on December 17, 2006 by STEPHEN T. McCARTHY