Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on January 15, 2017
Loved this back when it was first aired, now it seems a bit boring. Maybe I've grown out of family dramas. But still sweet to watch if you like to reminisce on the nineties :)
on December 17, 2016
I loved this show when it was on the prime time network. Great show about the hardships of a group of brothers and sisters who's parents died on an auto accident and they are left to fend for themselves. With the oldest being an adult... and takes on the responsibility as head of household. Watch as they struggle to learn the hardships of being and thinking like an adult.
Shipped quickly and arrived unharmed. Would purchase again
on December 13, 2016
Love this show
on May 14, 2017
LOve this show. One of the best ever
on October 24, 2006
Let me start by saying that I was a huge fan of Party of Five when it originally aired, and I still am a huge fan. I have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and will most likely buy season 3 if it is released. It's a GREAT show. I would say it's in my top 3 television shows of all time.

Serious fans from when it was originally broadcast will know that the careful selection of wonderful music was something that took an already great show to another level. I became familiar with quite a few excellent musicians via the show, including Nanci Griffith, Chris Isaak & Vonda Shepard (this was before she was a regular on Ally McBeal).

Two of the most memorable scenes for me that have music changes are when Julia meets up with Griffin at the coffee shop early in season 2 (I think it was in Dearly Beloved) the song originally aired was Somebody's Crying by Chris Isaak. The second and more unforgiveable change for me was during the surprise ending of the final episode of season 2. I don't want to give anything away, but the song that is supposed to play is Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. It was just perfect with that scene. If you are seeing Party of Five for the first time via this DVD set, you are really missing out.

I read the reviews here when season 2 was released, and perhaps that is why I did not buy it right away - there is one earlier review that warns about music changes. When I finally decided to buy season 2 I did not remember the warning. I probably would have eventually bought the set, but it would have been less of a shock to see the altered version.

A couple of smaller complaints... There were a few scenes with Carroll O'Connor and Lacey Chabert (Claudia) - I don't remember the exact episode - when the shots from one of the cameras was pretty grainy. It was very noticeable when they switched between cameras. Seems like they could have remastered that. The other complaint is the menu listing episodes. It would have been nice to have a list of all the episodes for a disc on the same screen, and easier navigation between episodes. It was a bit cumbersome to me.

I would still recommend the show, and I hope that subsequent seasons are released.

If anyone's listening who has control over these things - I would be willing to buy a new version of season 2 if they re-released it with the original music, even though I already have season 2 on DVD. At least put a notice on the current version that the episodes are not as originally aired.
on November 7, 2005
Words cannot describe the perfect cast and quality of this show. I have seen nothing of comparison and taste since this show last graced us with its presence. This fictional drama brings light to more real circumstances and real feeling than all, yes ALL these so-called reality shows combined multiplied by a factor of 12. I am in total agreement that all of these seasons come out on DVD so I can Cancel all my depressing non-entertaining trailer-park reality TV show excrement cable channels once and for all. This show was one of the last doses of inspiration from writers as it appears the producers have lost all originality and foresight as to what a decent show is and are only interested in profit, propaganda, and advertisement of regurgitated mainstream sheeplevision. If you Love, laugh, cry, and feel with a fraction of your being bye this DVD!! So the heartless wonders at the networks will release the remaining seasons and you can once again see what a truly excellent drama looks like.
on May 9, 2014
Wonderful series that deals with many issues relevant to adolescence. I recommend it highly. The Salingers grow as they recover from the death of their parents, struggle with individuality and tension with prioritizing family needs, get ready for the wedding of Charlie & Kirsten and what that means, and burgeoning intimacy issues & repercussions. This series is timeless. Spot the celebrities who have gone on to very fruitful careers.
on January 19, 2006
2nd season is my favourite of this excellent show. I just wanted to warn the real fans that they may be very disappointed to see that the soundtrack has be changed. In several episodes that I love and that I almost know by heart for having recorded them on videotapes, the songs have been changed, and I tell you that it makes all the difference, as I think the soundtrack of this show has a very important part in the reasons why this show is so special and different from the other ones. So, yes buy it because if not Sony pictures will not product the other seasons on dvds, but like me protest against the change of the soundtrack, hoping that they will not do the same thing with the other seasons. This is the reason why I only give a 3 stars rate to these DVDs, instead of a 5 stars rate to this excellent show.
on July 31, 2006
I always liked this show when I saw it during college, and my wife had been having trouble finding a show on TV she really liked. I thought this would be a good one. After finishing the first season, which was excellent, we got into the second. After warming up for a couple of episodes, the Party Of 5 team really got going again. They have a talent for putting real characters in real situations. You end up seeing a lot of sides of an issue and the acting and writing is so good it doesn't feel melodramatic. My wife cries pretty much every episode: maybe its because shes pregnant, maybe its the show. We are hoping that season 3 shows up soon, but I haven't heard anything.
on December 28, 2005
I'm so happy that the season 2 is finally released as it is my most favourite season for the show. It takes almost 10 years for me to recap some of the wonderful plots (mainly the story line between Bailey and Sarah) of the show. My only complaint is that its special features (just cast commentaries for 3 of the episodes and a half hour interview with Sarah) are a bit less when compared with those of season 1. Nevertheless, I believe every fans of the show will be more than delighted to receive the product.

By the way, I'm a bit surprised that Jennifer Love Hewitt can do all the senseful talking in the special feature for half an hour withour boring the audience. She's really a gifted person.