BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 18, 2017
As a whole I hate journey stories because that is usually the whole story. In this case it is a journey that has a purpose, but there is no long term goal. Except to be in Pairs in 20 years.

Good, well researched book. Now on to the next book in the series.
on January 2, 2015
I read this with my eleven year old granddaughter. The book had been assigned to her by her fifth grade teacher, as part of a unit on "conflict". It was pretty heavy stuff for a child of that age, I thought, upsetting and depressing to her.
on April 20, 2015
I loved Parvana's Journey . But I would recommend it for older readers because there is a lot of killing . The characters are funny and are dreamers, I like dreamers. My favorite character was Leila. She knew what comes around goes around . She really cared for her loved ones and was ready to risk her life more then once . This book makes me appreciate all I have in my life, like my family and my home and food.
on August 8, 2014
Excellent book describing life from a child's standpoint, and why the unconscionable greed from adults wanting to be the chief is evil at all levels and sides of life is the true culprit. Weapons manufacturers, wannabe dictators and cult leaders, corrupt politicians - what if this was your daughter? You send us to war instead and have us come home with a lot of problems the government is slow to deal with. I hope you are enjoying your blood-stained wealth..
on July 6, 2017
It was a good book.
I liked that Parvana never gave up on her family even though she couldn't find them.
on February 17, 2013
This is a great book. Deborah Ellis has written a book that cannot be predicted what happens next. There are twists and turns and at every corner
very good descriptions of the characters and objects in the book. For anyone looking for a good book to read to children (of all ages) I would recommend this book for you. All in all this is a great book for everyone
on November 17, 2015
A wonderful look into life outside America from a female standpoint. I recommend to all young and old readers.
on April 30, 2013
im only 12 but this was a great book it really hepls you realize how good of a life you have it teaches you about a childs life in afghanistan and it actully very good i reccomend you read the first book first though (the breadwinner)
on March 17, 2014
It is the second book out of the trio. It is the most emotional book out of the three too, so be ready with a hanky!
on October 3, 2015
Was an excellent story; I ordered the rest in the series