Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on June 20, 2017
I was surprised and disappointed in how many typos are in this book. I bought it mainly for the large amount of practice questions, as that is the way that I learn best. There were multiple instances where the answer key listed the answer as an option that didn't exist (e.g. saying the answer was D when the question only had options A and B). I became especially frustrated when there were two question number 233 in the exam, and this was not represented in the answer key. The answer key had to have missed an answer, as the key and the quiz both ended at question 279. There were also instances where answers directly contradicted other resources I had consulted. The cover on my book was also printed at an angle, which was irritating to me.

After this, I would not recommend this book to others. I would recommend The Ultimate Texas MPJE Review Guide 2017. That book is much more professionally written, and is written by experts in their field. I trust their judgment much more than the author of this book.
on May 19, 2015
Several typographical errors, and some of the information presented conflicts with answers to the questions in the book, but overall the information condenses 600+ pages of "legalese" into about 300 pages of much easier reading and allows for bullet point memorization. As an out of state pharmacist applying for a license where the law is significantly different from where I practice, this book saved me a lot of time. I would not recommend this for anyone that is not already familiar with the practice of pharmacy (ie new grads), but for a seasoned veteran looking to transfer a license this book is a big help.
on June 26, 2017
This book claims to be updated through December 2016. It is not. Many questions still pertain to DPS registration, which has not been in effect since 9/1/2016. Many statements are contradictory to other resources I've used.
on August 8, 2015
I took the Texas MPJE (July 2015) and used this book, the 2015 Cacciatore 59 page supplement, and pharmacy exam.com (pay for tests questions) and I passed with only ~4-5 days of studying. I didn't get the score I wanted, but 7-10 days would be sufficient for a high testing score. The book has sufficient information to pass the exam although some materials are outdated (hydrocodone, c2 changes, etc,). Cacciatore's document will cover the outdated stuff. They condense the information well so you know the backbone of the exam. Overall i recommend this product but you will probably need 1-2 supplemental materials.
on September 21, 2012
Helped to sort out different categories with some inaccuracies...great along with 60 page Cacciatore study guide. Wouldn't use it alone but helped me pass exam first time.
on March 25, 2015
I studied this book almost 2 hours a day for a month and passed the exam with flying colors. It does cover almost all topics but I would recommend quizlet.com free notes with it. With these two sources I am sure you will be able to pass the exam.

It does have typos and not up to date for 2015 exams. For example Hydrocodone all strengths are now CII.

Good luck to all.
on December 7, 2015
I decided to move to Texas after 15 years and was required to take the MPJE. This book was very helpful. Easy to read and simple. But you cannot depend on it alone. Need to be in conjunction with other source or review. The book was helpful and I recommend it.
Sat for the exam 3 weeks ago. Passed with high grades. Good luck to all.
on January 15, 2015
I reciprocated my license and needed a license ASAP, thus I needed something quick and easy to read. I was hesitant to get this book because of previous reviews stating that it maybe out of date. However, after reading through the laws posted on tsbp realizing how overwhelming it was, so I ordered this book, and had used it as a primary study source. The updated version is more than enough for you to pass. I read cover to cover two times, took the test last week and passed.
on October 26, 2016
thanks to this book I passed mpje 2016. read this 3 times, used the set of questions on the back and passed! This is all you need for the law exam!
on January 5, 2017
I did love this, but the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the book is revised as far as 2014 and I took my exam in 2016. So I had to do a little more studying of other areas. My fear was I didn't know what was updated and what wasn't. But I did pass! Thanks Dr. Fichuk!