Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
on December 25, 2011
FINALLY got this package specifically for the concert DVD after having a highly abbreviated version of the concert on our DVR for a VERY long time. THE DVD IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC as is are the CDs. I know one reviewer complained about the tidbits/backstage stuff that is included and woven into the entire show- I LOVED the way they did it!! Give ya some idea of what goes into putting on one of these shows and kinda makes ya feel like you were lucky enuff to be there live. This is quite literally the BEST concert flic/DVD I've seen and I've probably seen most of em since Woodstock (I'm not denigrating the Woodstock flic; it was more of a historical document in my view w/ some great music, some not so great music but, more importantly, a snapshot of what was happening socially/culturely in the USA at that time) Back to ZBB, I could probaly write a magazine length review and still not do it justice. Highlight of many highpoints for this reviewer was ZBB member Clay Cook's lead vocals on "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down". (Full disclosure-I was a Clay Cook fan PRIO to his joining ZBB and saw him live numerous times w/ his prior band) Multiple appearences by other excellent singer/musicians on here, including Kid Rock & ZBB covering "Can't You See" (Marshall Tucker Band). Some other musicians featured on here I also want to get their CDs/ downloads- for example Angie Aparo & Aslyn. GET THIS DVD/CD PACKAGE NOW!
on May 18, 2010
I got The Foundation album about 6 months ago on a recommendation from a friend, and it has been pretty much a staple in my car's CD player. I love the sound of ZBB, definitely country rock, but also similar to Jimmy Buffett. Most of the songs to me were instant classics. Then my friend told me a live album was coming out. All I can say is WOW!!! The songs on this CD set that were on the studio album sound so much better live. Especially 'Chicken Fried' and 'Toes' and yes, even 'Sic Em on a Chicken.'

My new favorite song is 'Free/Into the Mystic', to me it comfort food for the ears. I remember listening to the studio version of 'Free' and thinking that it sounded a little like Van Morrison, and then I find out they made it a medley. The transition between the two songs sounds like it was always meant to be that way.

Also not to be missed is 'Devil Went Down to Georgia'. Having seen them do this on the CMA's or ACM's or Grammys (I don't know which), I was in awe. Not only is the fiddle playing crazy good, but Zac on acoustic guitar is insane!

Teaming with Kid Rock was brilliant on 'Can't You See?'. 'America the Beautiful' was awesome. And all the other songs were just great.
I haven't watched the DVD yet, but it looks like it will be great. The CD's are now on permanent rotation in the car.

Buy this album! And here on Amazon it was such a great deal for 2CD/1DVD set.
on June 24, 2010
I am not normally prone to hypebole, but this might be the single best value in the history of music. The quality of the production, combined with the quality of the music, puts you right in the middle of an inspired 24 song set by Zac Brown Band and their friends. If you already have "The Foundation," buy this and listen to how the songs take on a new, more dynamic force played live. If you're new to ZBB, I envy the eye opening experience in front of you. WITHOUT the included DVD, $17 is a ridiculous value for a double live CD with absolutely no weak moments. I an not possibly recommend this CD more enthusiastically to lovers of music of any genre. Buy. Listen. You will be glad you did.
on December 23, 2013
I've always been a hard rock and heavy metal fan yet have also always enjoyed good music no matter the genre. The Zack Brown Band has become one of my favorite bands and this live album is exactly why. A true testament to how good a band really is can be found in how well they are live. This band is awesome on this live album. Man, can these guys play! They're excellent musicians in the first place and Zac's vouce and the thoughful and often touching lyrics stir my soul. The music is lively and fun and the respect they show other artists via the covers they play so well aways makes me smile and appriciate them and the artists they're covering even more. "Free/Into the Mystic" is a perfect example of that.
on April 13, 2014
This is a great CD and DVD. Many good songs on it! Only thing I hated was one of the CD's had a defect and would not play so I had to return it and order another one. Amazon sent the replacement right away and it is fine. They really made the return process as painless as possible and the CD is wonderful if you like Zac Brown's music.
on July 1, 2011
Recorded at the Fox Theater in Atlanta as a benefit for the recently burned-down Georgia Theater in Athens, Georgia, "Pass The Jar" features all of the hits that fans have come to expect from the Zac Brown Band along with some great interview pieces with the band intermixed with the performances. The show also features guests including Kid Rock on "Can't You See", country duo Joey + Rory on "Free/Into The Mystic" and Little Big Town on "Colder Weather."

Pass The Jar: Zac Brown Band And Friends is one of the best albums from 2010 and though some here don't care for the video portion of this 2 CD/DVD set (I personally enjoyed both), the CD's alone are worth the price of admission. If you've wanted to see the Zac Brown Band up close and personal but haven't yet had the chance, this is a great way to see how a band working on its first album got nominated for the ACM "Entertainer of the Year" Award. The nomination was WELL earned.
on September 7, 2012
THe Zac Brown Band is one of the greatest groups of entertainers you will find anywhere. While the ZBB doesn't fall into any one category, anyone that truly loves great music of will love this band. I suppose they could best be categorized as "Southern Rock," but as I said before, they cross many genres and anyone will find something that they like from this group. If you love instrumental virtuosity, creative and exciting musicality, and vocal brilliance, this is the band for you. Purchase this. You will love it.
on October 18, 2010
When I read the reviews and sampled the songs on Amazon before I bought this CD I thought it was another benefit show where they wheeled out some celebs and pretended to play music- in other words just fund raising. This couldn't be further from the truth! Not only are the individual members of the Zac Brown Band incredibly talented but their friends and fellow musicians who join them are phenomenal as well. I listened to the CDs a number of times before watching the DVD. It is all good! If you are remotely a Zac Brown Band fan you absolutely need to get this. If you aren't a fan yet, you need to get this!
BTW Joey from Joey and Rory is smoking hot and she can sing!
on October 1, 2013
I am a huge ZBB fan and this album may be their best, especially with the following tracks, which are unique to this album: Junkyard, Trying to Drive, Alabama Jubilee and the seamless transition from Free to Van Morrison's Into the Mystic (one of my all-time favorite songs). The 10+ minute version of "Who Knows" is much better than the studio version. My only wish is that they come out with another live album, including songs from their last two albums.
on January 18, 2014
WORDS can not describe how much I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this CD/DVD set and Hands can not ever take it away-- I want to share with friends --- However I am unable to give it up!! BEST purchase I have made in a long, LONG time!! Thank you so much !! If you have any liking to Zac Brown Band-------- PURCHASE this set!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! 8)