Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Passion and Affect
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 27, 2017
Laurie Colwin continues to be a favorite. I have read all her work, again and again. Recently purchased this book of early stories after loaning or losing or misplacing my copy. She left this world far too young. If you are looking for funny, sweet, interesting, odd, perfectly drawn characters, read these. They are not sappy or "cute." Indeed, each story will give you pause. Each is like an appetizer to a great meal, filling in itself, but also whetting the appetite for more.
on April 19, 2017
I like all of her books and will read this one on an upcoming trip!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2017
love all Laurie Colwin.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2008
Laurie Colwin is a wonderful, quirky writer. Her characters are well-drawn and altogether fascinating. I highly recommend this book! I plan to get her other books, but with larger type than this one--teeny!
on December 23, 2012
I found Passion and Affect to be too dated and slightly strange to be enjoyable. Yes, I plugged through it because I had enjoyed Laurie Colwin's other books. I think several of the story endings are abrupt and the plots just a little strained. It wasn't much money to spend, but I would have rather read something more enjoyable.
on January 26, 2012
I'd read Colwin's longer works, but these stories were a revelation -- her miraculously natural writing, and her ability to get characters just right. One of the world's most entertaining writers, ever, with heart and soul.