Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

83%
17%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on May 27, 2017
Laurie Colwin continues to be a favorite. I have read all her work, again and again. Recently purchased this book of early stories after loaning or losing or misplacing my copy. She left this world far too young. If you are looking for funny, sweet, interesting, odd, perfectly drawn characters, read these. They are not sappy or "cute." Indeed, each story will give you pause. Each is like an appetizer to a great meal, filling in itself, but also whetting the appetite for more.
on April 19, 2017
I like all of her books and will read this one on an upcoming trip!
on August 8, 2008
Laurie Colwin is a wonderful, quirky writer. Her characters are well-drawn and altogether fascinating. I highly recommend this book! I plan to get her other books, but with larger type than this one--teeny!
on December 23, 2012
I found Passion and Affect to be too dated and slightly strange to be enjoyable. Yes, I plugged through it because I had enjoyed Laurie Colwin's other books. I think several of the story endings are abrupt and the plots just a little strained. It wasn't much money to spend, but I would have rather read something more enjoyable.