Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

A Passion for Books
Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$14.59+ Free shipping

on May 1, 2015
My 'go-to' book for my obsession. This is the second copy of this book that I have purchased. Could not find the first one. Excellent copy.
on May 4, 2017
It's well written for "dummies" and is interesting to boot.
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2001
I hope that Amazon can find this out-of-print book for you! This slim hardcover book, is a feast for the eyes, as well as the mind. Each of the eight chapters is beautifully illustrated with a variety of pictures depicting mankind's love affair with books over history. Each chapter has a few pages by the author, but then he includes a LOT of quotes from various thinkers on reading and libraries from centuries past. One of the quotes is used on Amazon bookmarks: "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if there is any left I buy food and clothes." by Erasmus.
Two of the chapters I especially enjoyed are "A Place to Read" and "The Lure of Libraries". At the end of the book, a few lined but blank pages are included for "My Personal Book List" where the reader can jot down titles of books that have been recommended.
I noticed that Terry Glaspey is coming out with another book about reading and books this coming June. I'm looking forward to checking that one out!
Please see my other reviews of Christian books and music!
4 people found this helpful
on April 6, 1999
Although not as good as the author's previous book "Great Books of the Christian Tradition," I did enjoy the picturesque tribute to books and the quotes about books from various authors. This is a book solely for booklovers and will probably not appeal to anybody else. Since I share Glaspey's love of books, I found this slender and lovely volume enjoyable. I just wish his last book previously mentioned was as nice and hardbound since I use it so much! - Brad Clark
14 people found this helpful
on June 9, 2006
Books continually pass through my office shelves--as an editor and a writer. Terry Glaspey has created a "keeper" or a book that will remain on my shelves. Why?

He combines simple stories, quotations from well-known people about the value of books with outstanding design. The overall effect is a beautiful package which celebrates the printed page. What a great effort. Get this book--even if you buy it used.