|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $3.00 (27%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Passion (Fallen Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 434 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 and up|
|Grade Level: 7 and up|
Spider-Man comics on Kindle
Browse thousands of popular Spider-Man digital comics and graphic novels. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Luce is more annoying than ever. I thought there might be some growth, but nope. She's still reckless and thoughtless. Daniel hops in and out, but even he didn't make much sense anymore. Why did he cleave to an older version of himself only to split again later? Why is Luce listening to a gargoyle who doesn't seem to tell her much more than Daniel does about her past?
The historical bits were more interesting, but also fairly ridiculous as far as teaching her anything about herself. There's a whole bit that's lifted directly from 'Shakespeare in Love'.
I'm glad it's over and I can read the next book and finally be done with this series.
When we last left Luce and Daniel, they had fought a battle with the evil Outcasts in her parents' backyard. Luce has found herself conflicted by her love and lives with Daniel. Needing proof of why they live the nightmare of her flaming death over and over again, she steps into an Announcer (smoky little portals that can be used to see or go to a person's former lives) to find out what all these former lives are about. She starts off in Russia during WWII where she sees how painful her death is for Daniel each and every time he loses her. She goes to Italy during WWI, England, Egypt, China, and many more. Each time, Luce learns a little more about herself and her love for Daniel.
Along the way, she picks up an odd little helper in the Announcer named Bill. He is a small little gargoyle thing that proves to be helpful in finding both her way and the meaning she has been searching for. He helps her blend in with the time period, guides her into meeting her former selves, and even helps her "cleave" with her former body, becoming that person through the last moments of their life. All of this helps Luce realize everything Daniel has done is because of his undying love for her. What she doesn't know, is he is following her through the Announcers, trying to find her. At her first life, Bill convinces her it would be best to release her soul from the curse, thereby releasing her love of infinite lives from the curse that destroys him with every reincarnation. What she doesn't realize at first is Bill might have his own agenda that might not be as genuine as Luce thinks. Can Daniel find her in time? Can they break the curse after all?
Oh this was such an interesting book! Every pair of chapters was a new place. The first chapter would be Luce arriving in the former life, and then the second would be Daniel's arrival. Seeing the lives from two different perspectives really explained the whole story in a way the reader can appreciate. Then their two journeys differ a bit, and you see how their two lives are entwined, but also how much they need each other. The love between Luce and Daniel is epic, and nothing, including a bratty 12-year old French king, a huge class discrepancy, or a Mayan sacrifice, can keep them apart. At different points in the last two books, I became annoyed with either Luce, for being too petulant or Daniel, for being too vague, but this book made me love both of them at the same time. This was the perfect lay-up for the final book, and I simply cannot wait to read it!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Values & Virtues
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Values & Virtues
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Visionary & Metaphysical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues