BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Pie and Pastry Bible
Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 25, 2011
I am a rabid fan of Roses cake bible, heavenly cakes, the pie & pastry bible, and also her bread bible! This book is a wonderful addition to her writing and baking! She always gives wonderful tips, and she inspires me to try new things. i love to make something with her recipe then add in my own little twist to see if it works out or if it fails. With her recipes as a guide I have made some incredible creations! Two thumbs up for Rose again!
on August 20, 2017
Husband saw this book at a friend's and had to get one.
on August 31, 2011
I recently acquired this book... As I love baking. It is almost overwhelmingly full of information. Almost to the point on not knowing where to begin. I think a person should sit down and take the time to dig in and read it. As I haven't had the book that long yet I can not comment on the whole thing...but I did find what I wanted...The reason I purchased it in the first place and so I am very excited to sit and read and try out some of the recipes it has to offer. It is well worth having on your shelf if you are any kind of a baker at all. If you do not want to pay retail... you certainly can find a clean 2nd hand copy as I did, and save yourself lots of money. The one that I received looked brand new with the dust jacket and all.
on November 5, 2013
Plenty of new recipes and techniques for all kinds of pastry. Reasons for methods and ingredients are explained, giving us new skills to make our own creative adjustments. Thank you Rose. This is just what I was looking for.
on December 27, 2016
Very comprehensive and easy to follow cook book for pies and pastries. Its obvious that the author has baked a lot of pies and crusts. I would recommend this book to anyone who desires to learn how to bake pies, pastries, crusts and much more.
on March 18, 2016
This a great book - Rose did all the work for us......I just made the cream cheese pastry pie crust - turned out perfect....can't wait to try more recipes.
on July 13, 2014
She is the best baker and anyone who wants to learn about flour and what it does needs to read Rose L. Beranbaum. She is just a fantastic baker and teacher. Her Cake Bible and Christmas Cookies are both wonderful books. If you want to know the relationship of flour, shortening, eggs, and sugar just study what Rose has to say!
on September 18, 2017
I have been baking pies for decades and doing a decent job of it. There is a lot of useful information to bring my pies to the next level.
on September 26, 2016
This is the best book about tarts, pies and pastries in general. Directions are very clear and I like the fact she wrote measurments in grams!!!
For serious home baker!
on December 8, 2011
I'm a student for patisserie and cooking (in culinary arts) and I really loved this book and the author.
She did a very well research on the topic, and there are a lot of options for everyone for plenty of pies - even if you dislike any of the recipes or pies alternatives. She explains a lot more know-how than our textbooks would bother.
Also: you should't be scared of the scale, for it is a easy thing to handle, don't be afraid of it.

Thank you Rose for all the time you spend on this book.