Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Plastic Comb|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,080 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,316 reviews
on January 24, 2017
Ok... so I ordered the Deluxe Edition Hardcover... AND THERE IS NO BUNNY. I had this book as a child, and was looking to purchase it for a friend's new baby. Upon receipt, I opened the book to relive the Pat The Bunny magic. They go on and on about how they have included pages from the 1940 version.. but in doing so, they have LEFT OUT THE BUNNY. IS THIS A JOKE? I am FLABBERGASTED. The whole point of the book is to PAT THE BUNNY. I don't care about the new shakey buttons and the squeaky ball. This book was a classic in it's FULL form, to exclude classic things from the book to include others ( Daddy's scratchy beard as another example), is disappointing. But to remove the bunny... absolute FAILURE.
on November 12, 2002
This is an awesome book and a classic! My 18 month old twin girls have really been into touch and feel books. This is definitely one of their favorites. It has soft textures, scratchy texture, and the peek-a-boo is their favorite as well as the mirror. It also has a scent page, which is great as well. The only thing I would change is to make it more durable. I've already taped it back together, and the comb binding comes undone easily when toddlers are handling it. It is still a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone with toddlers. At least it fits in my purse or diaper bag easily because it is small and lightweight.
on February 18, 2010
I have got to read the dimensions better on products I get! I do this a lot. It is much smaller than I had imagined. It is, as it says, 5 inches by 5 inches. I was picturing it bigger. It is a little small for my 7 month old. I will have to wait to really get use of it.

Update: My son is now one year old and the small size is good in his hands. I just got the book out again and read it to him. He likes it a lot. He liked the bunny and other interactive bits. There is a little mirror and a piece of cloth among others. I do not know how long it will last being so small and somewhat fragile, what with the card stock, double-ply pages. But it is cute and I have a better view of it now that my son is older and able to play with it more.

Update. Binding total junk. Book has fallen apart. Kids like story and interactive but we read it as a bunch of loose pages.
on April 23, 2006
I received this book from a friend 27 years ago on my son's first birthday. I read to him everyday and this was always one of the books he wanted me to read to him. He now has a brand new daughter and I will be sending the old book that her daddy read and I'll also buy a new one for her very own.

Great book to teach children about different textures.

I would definitely recommend this to any new mother or grandmother for that new baby.

Thanks for a classic children's book.

From a mother and now a grandmother.
on August 24, 2006
I couldn't count how many copies of this book I have purchased. The most recent was for my third grandchild due later this month. This book is the best there is for the very young child. For each of my own three children, it was a stand-out favorite that was read over and over until overuse required it be replaced. We certainly couldn't be without a copy! Since then, this book is always included whenever I give gifts to new parents.

The book is the touchy-feely type so the child explores the soft fur of the bunny, Daddy's scratchy beard, etc. The only times I hesitated buying it for a new baby was once when the mom was unwed and the father was not involved with her or the child (there is a page on Daddy's beard and one for mother's ring) and another time for a family of color since parents in the book are Caucasian.
on March 6, 2017
Very disappointed. Very flimsy and not much texture to the touch and feel parts
on March 1, 2016
its a cute book but really wish this was a board book this book is for babies but is most definitely NOT baby friendly its sad really
on March 29, 2016
The binding of this book is terrible. My 4 year old loves the book but it came apart within the first half hour of having it! And that was with very gentle use! It's a children's book! Make it so a child can actually use it without it falling apart!
on December 14, 2016
Bought this for my daughter when she was 6 months old and we read it every day - sometimes 2-3 times a day. She loves it. Very well made and very interactive! Great for any age birth to 2!
on April 13, 2017