Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Plastic Comb|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,081 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,319 reviews
on January 24, 2017
Ok... so I ordered the Deluxe Edition Hardcover... AND THERE IS NO BUNNY. I had this book as a child, and was looking to purchase it for a friend's new baby. Upon receipt, I opened the book to relive the Pat The Bunny magic. They go on and on about how they have included pages from the 1940 version.. but in doing so, they have LEFT OUT THE BUNNY. IS THIS A JOKE? I am FLABBERGASTED. The whole point of the book is to PAT THE BUNNY. I don't care about the new shakey buttons and the squeaky ball. This book was a classic in it's FULL form, to exclude classic things from the book to include others ( Daddy's scratchy beard as another example), is disappointing. But to remove the bunny... absolute FAILURE.
on November 12, 2002
This is an awesome book and a classic! My 18 month old twin girls have really been into touch and feel books. This is definitely one of their favorites. It has soft textures, scratchy texture, and the peek-a-boo is their favorite as well as the mirror. It also has a scent page, which is great as well. The only thing I would change is to make it more durable. I've already taped it back together, and the comb binding comes undone easily when toddlers are handling it. It is still a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone with toddlers. At least it fits in my purse or diaper bag easily because it is small and lightweight.
on February 18, 2010
I have got to read the dimensions better on products I get! I do this a lot. It is much smaller than I had imagined. It is, as it says, 5 inches by 5 inches. I was picturing it bigger. It is a little small for my 7 month old. I will have to wait to really get use of it.

Update: My son is now one year old and the small size is good in his hands. I just got the book out again and read it to him. He likes it a lot. He liked the bunny and other interactive bits. There is a little mirror and a piece of cloth among others. I do not know how long it will last being so small and somewhat fragile, what with the card stock, double-ply pages. But it is cute and I have a better view of it now that my son is older and able to play with it more.

Update. Binding total junk. Book has fallen apart. Kids like story and interactive but we read it as a bunch of loose pages.
on April 23, 2006
I received this book from a friend 27 years ago on my son's first birthday. I read to him everyday and this was always one of the books he wanted me to read to him. He now has a brand new daughter and I will be sending the old book that her daddy read and I'll also buy a new one for her very own.

Great book to teach children about different textures.

I would definitely recommend this to any new mother or grandmother for that new baby.

Thanks for a classic children's book.

From a mother and now a grandmother.
on January 2, 2016
Double the price for slight increase in quality! I paid $12 for the hardcover version because I wanted a durable book that would last years. When the book arrived I was incredibly disappointed to find that the hard cover did not impact the binding at all - the hardcover version still has the cheap flimsy plastic comb binding. Save yourself $6 or use the extra cash to buy a second children's book but don't bother with the hardcover.
on June 1, 2015
This was my absolute favorite book as a baby, toddler, and kid! When I bought it for my son I knew he'd LOVE it and he did! He's almost 5 and STILL loves this book.! We've even purchased the interactive app from iTunes which is also super cute and fun! I will agree that if you choose the "plastic comb" version of the book, which is how it was originally made I believe, or at least how it was when I was little hence the reason I bought it that way, you do have to be careful and watch the little's with it. With that said, I run a full time childcare and the book it in their book shelf/reading nook and even with 5 babies/children, ages 1-5, reading it & playing with it fairly regularly we haven't had any pages come off as of yet. I do keep an eye on them when they read it and continuously remind them to be soft and gentle with it but so far we've had nothing but great times with it. The kids all adore it and you will not be disappointed either! If you're worried about it being broken tho you can opt for the hardcover "deluxe" edition instead! Enjoy this classic read! :)
on November 14, 2012
This is a great touch-and-feel book, very tactile, living up to its reputation- but I have to say the reviews about this particular format are accurate in that the spiral binding stinks. My very first skim- the pages and the spiral came completely loose from the cover!! (With zero effort)

I ended up putting it back together in the reverse manner (I threaded the plastic spiral through the pages from the back to the front-- opposite of how it came), maybe better?Anyway it is a good book, is a nice size and does come in a nice box/slipcover, making it easy to gift-wrap.

Update: After several months now, since I reversed the spiral binding, I have had little to no trouble with the book coming apart. Only had a couple of prongs need to be relaced, a few times. My two year old enjoys looking at this book alone and it has held up.
on July 12, 2012
I bought the plastic version, not realizing that that meant it was VERY cheap. Everyone knows that a baby wants to grab/touch (isn't that the point of the book?) but this book doesn't hold up to that. We JUST got it today and it was read once and the binding has torn and looks horrible. The bunny came off in large pieces...ahhhh.. not what I want to happen when my baby touches it and puts it to his face. Also the mirror is horrible- he put it to his face but u can't even see clearly in it- puke. Speaking of puke....the perfume smell is horrible. I wonder if the hard cover is as bad? I quess I will never know. Cute concept, but poor construction.
on September 14, 2015
I wish I would have read the reviews. The "plastic comb" version is very very cheaply made. It would be more of a hassle to return it as it was only $5 and some change when I bought it. Save yourself the money and don't purchase this version. I'm disappointed because my baby likes to feel the pages of his regular board book, so I thought this "touch and feel" book would be great for him, but I think it will break if I let him grab at the pages of this. Probably going to just trash it, which is a shame. I wouldn't even feel good about donating this to another mom.
on September 10, 2010
If only this were a regular board book.... My 10 month old loves books and she loves this one in particular - every page of this book has something fun for her (well, she's not very interested in the "smell the flowers page" - but every other page). Books for babies are essentially toys - and this one is just not designed to be played with, which is a shame, because it would be perfect otherwise. After my daughter tore the cover off, I actually bought a second copy from Amazon thinking we'd be more careful with it next time. Well, the cover was off the second book within 5 minutes and the rest of the pages are following in quick succession. Get rid of the spiral bound "thick" paper and give us a regular board book already!!!!