Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Pat Sloan
Sewing since she was a child and quilting for over 20 years, Pat eventually looked to her craft as a business. After a few years quilting she started to teach quilt making to others and then turned her skills to pattern designing. She found that she really enjoys designing and seeing how other quilters made her patterns. In 2000 Pat's designs became so popular that she and her husband Gregg formed a design and publishing company called Pat Sloan & Co. In addition to designing and publishing her work, they now travel around the country teaching and showing her quilts to quilt guilds and quilt shops. Also, Pat has had her designs published in most national magazines, has written 30 books on quilting and has designed several lines of fabric for P&B Textiles and now Moda.
When Pat took her passion to the internet she built several quilt communities then 5 years ago started a weekly All Quilting radio/podcast. You can hear her interview quilt celebrities, historians, designers and authors from around the world, all on your computer! 5 years of podcasts are available for download.
Visit her web site www.patsloan.com to see all the Pat Sloan & Co. patterns.
You can get to all her things from the link above. All you have to do is remember her name!
... newsletter sign up http://mad.ly/signups/99771/join
... article subscription http://mad.ly/signups/126175/join
... listen to her weekly Radio Show http://www.creativetalknetwork.com/
... Read her Blog - http://patsloan.typepad.com
... Free Pattern Page (several pages) http://patsloan.typepad.com/quiltershome/freepatterns.html
... See the Youtube videos and sometimes the studio webcam
... Join her Quilt group where you can meet lots of great quilt friends http://www.Quiltmashup.com
... Join her Quilt page at Facebook for some fun! https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuiltWithPatSloan/
... Instagram http://instagram.com/quilterpatsloan
... And come twitter with Pat! http://twitter.com/QuilterPatSloan
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Pat Sloan
Join The Splendid Sampler community with a comprehensive collection of very special 6-inch blocks created and shared by more than 80 of today's most innovative designers.
- You'll enjoy trying your hand at 100 eye-catching designs that use a wide range of techniques, including traditional patchwork, applique, foundation paper piecing, and embroidery
- A number of the 6-inch blocks are shown in two colorways for twice the creativity
- Be inspired by gallery quilts featuring carefully selected placement options for your Splendid Sampler blocks
Popular teacher, designer, and online radio host Pat Sloan teaches all you need to know to machine quilt successfully. In this third book of her beginner-friendly "Teach Me" series, Pat guides you step by step through walking-foot and free-motion quilting techniques. First-time quilters will be confidently quilting in no time, and experienced stitchers will discover the joy of finishing their quilts themselves.
- No-fear learning for quilting novices--Pat covers all the information you need to quilt from start to finish
- Pat guides you through simple and fun practice projects, including a strip-pieced table runner and an easy applique design
- Collect the entire skill-building library of Pat Sloan's popular "Teach Me" series of books
Expert teacher and quilt designer Pat Sloan guides you through each and every step as you make your first quilt. Pat's easy-to-follow instructions and more than 140 clear how-to photos make it fun to start, stitch, and finish nine classic blocks and nine simple quilt projects--even if you're an absolute beginner. Learn the basics, from selecting notions and cutting fabric to machine sewing to quilting and binding, all from a skilled instructor with a warm, patient teaching style.
Pat Sloan--popular teacher, designer, and online radio-show host--teaches all you need to know to create triangles with ease. Take your skills to the next level with this second book in her beginner-friendly "Teach Me" series. You'll discover 13 different ways to sew triangles--at least one method will be just right for you!
- Learn to successfully sew half-square and quarter-square triangles, 60-degree triangles, flying geese, and more
- Gain confidence and get all your questions answered--Pat shares tons of tips throughout
- Spotlight triangles in 12 exciting patterns, ranging from small wall hangings to lap quilts to a bed-sized design
Is it possible? Fusible appliqué that's soft and drapey--and easy? Yes it is, and Pat Sloan shows you how. An extremely popular teacher and designer with a huge online radio show following, Pat shares her fusible techniques for machine-stitched quilts that are as delightful to touch as they are pleasing to the eye. You'll love what you're about to create!
- Projects range from wall hangings to banners to bed quilts, all with Pat's fresh and cheery style
- Gain confidence and get all your questions answered--Pat shares loads of tips throughout
- Own the first in a series of "Teach Me" books from one of the world's best quilting coaches