Paterson Universal tank and 2 reels-#115
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Exclusive Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
- Paterson Universal Tank takes two 35mm film, or a single 120/220 film
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Paterson Universal tank and 2 reels 115
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are better reels out there that will fit this tank and do a much better job. I have not switched to those and cannot believe I fought with these for so long. It is a night and day difference. So get the tank, it works well and does its job, but toss the reels. You want the reels with the wide loading ramp where these have small little tabs that you can't hardly feel in the dark. Just as an example, I picked up the ones from Adorama and they fit this tank fine. This tank is better than the one offered by Adorama, but the reels are not even close.
Save yourself some frustration get different reels.
- Light-proofing system is recognized as the best on the market
- Film loading ball-bearing system is beyond easy (I practiced twice before a real roll, and got it in one!)
- Comes with agitating rod for multiple styles of agitation during processing
- Adjustable reel for 35mm, 120mm and three other film sizes. Easily snaps into place.
- Will not lock if seal is not proper, forget leaks they won't happen with this tank!
- Maybe it was just luck, but I received two reels with my order?
- Sealing lid is a little tough to press down when you are using time-sensitive chemicals
So this set-up cost more than my stainless steel 35mm and 120mm tanks combined, however in my opinion it is totally worth it! The ease of use makes it a pleasure to use even in the dark, and I have never had negatives stick together (unlike my stainless teel tanks...ugh).
ADJUSTING THE REEL
Once you know how, this is VERY easy. I didn't have instructions with my purchase (an oversight I was assured) and there really aren't any resources on the web. To adjust the reel for 120 film etc, hold both sides of the reel and turn clockwise with force. You will hear a squeak and a click, at which point you can pull the halves apart to adjust. Once you have it at the desired width, turn the opposite way to lock, again waiting for the squeak and click! And you're done!
If you're still developing film in 2012 (good for you), join me in using this excellent set-up for great results every time.
Top international reviews
was bought as a present.