- File Size: 1275 KB
- Print Length: 674 pages
- Publisher: Simon Pulse; Reprint edition (November 23, 2010)
- Publication Date: November 23, 2010
- Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003UYUOZ4
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#41,821 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #24 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- #41 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works
- #58 in Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $3.00 (23%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Pathfinder Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 674 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 and up|
|Grade Level: 7 and up|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 1 of 3 in Pathfinder Trilogy (3 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
And boy does Card do time travel well. Slow to start, the world of this book envelopes you through its 600-some odd pages. I finished it three days ago, and my first reaction was, "Well, that wasn't Card's best work. But not a bad story at all." My brain has not left the wallfold, however, and my imagination continues to be captivated by the story of PATHFINDER. I absolutely cannot wait for the rest of this series to be released. It has been a very long time since I have been as excited about new work from Mr. Card as I am for the continuation of this series. PATHFINDER will grow on you, if you do not fall in love with it immediately.Read more ›
Rigg's relationship with his father and his then masterful handling of the political intrigue that he finds himself immersed in are a shining testament to the power of not merely education, but an education in critical thinking. Reading the character of Rigg is highly entertaining. His verbal sparring with bankers, politicians, and even his friends is so incredibly well written, it turns a book that is essentially driven by a scientific concept into a compelling page turner that I did not want to put down.
This is an adventure tale told in a fashion that will be a bit subtler than some teens are used to. There's plenty of excitement, interesting science concepts to ponder, and memorable moments to keep any sci fi fan reading away.Read more ›
By OSC's lofty standards, Pathfinder is pretty pedestrian and would probably deserve about three stars. However, if it is placed in the context of the work produced by the best active 20 SF writers, I think it deserves a solid four stars.
Pathfinder is aimed at a young audience. The sentence structures used in the first couple of chapters have been simplified. I can't comment on whether this carried forward throughout the book, since I became more engrossed in the story and stopped paying attention to the grammar. On the other hand, the vocabulary didn't seem to be restricted.
Some other reviewers have complained the book and/or the way time travel operated was so complicated as to detracted from the story. I did not find this to be the case. The way in which time travel paradoxes are resolved is not any more complicated than any other SF novel that features time travel and attempts to resolve those paradoxes. I also didn't find the way the two plot lines came together to be especially obscure. I thought it was pretty clear how they related to each other about 10-15% of the way into the book.
The good (in no particular order):
Pathfinder is an entertaining story. It is aimed at a juvenile audience but I would also recommend it for adults.
Character development is good by most standards but falls short of other OSC work.
There is some exploration of ethical dilemmas and human motivation (more below).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I haven't read a book that sat quite so poorly with me in a while. And I think it's Rigg's fault. He's too much of an uber-gifted clone of Ender, but in a setting that reads as a... Read morePublished 3 days ago by astralwolf37
Orson is the man, following the Ender series with this one. I seem to absorb the intellect while reading his books, and assessing situations more quickly. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Tom
This is not Orson Scott Card's best work. The parallel forward/reverse time idea is interesting. But I got impatient and bored with the space travel reverse time narrative, which... Read morePublished 24 days ago by Kfarver
OSC is typically one of my favorite authors however the Pathfinder trilogy tends to drag in places. I liked the premise and the story line was very good. Read morePublished 2 months ago by BioPilot
Enjoyed the book, but I am not sure if I will continue the series at this time....perhaps in the future?Published 2 months ago by Dee
Quick but, unpredictable setup. Good transition to Book 2. Let's see how nineteen gets down to one. Shut them off.Published 2 months ago by RodG
Great book, fast Prime shipping. Exactly as described. Reasonable price. Thanks Amazon!Published 2 months ago by Cookie
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel