Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Customer reviews

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GMs Screen
Format: Game|Change
Price:$18.01+ $3.99 shipping

on August 13, 2010
I have never been happy with a DM screen before this one. They always seemed flimsy and some of the information was like, "What, why the heck would I need to reference that?!"

This one is made from heavy duty hardcover book stock. It's laminated. The charts inside are actually useful. I honestly have not been able to think of how I'd change them. Okay, I just did: In my perfect world I'd have swapped out the character progression chart with what events do/don't result in an Attack of Opportunity. I'm going to clip those rules over the progression charts for my next game. Anyway, it's a NEARLY perfect set of info. As others have pointed out, it has 4 panels, so it really creates a wall. The artwork is all the iconic characters by WAR and who does not love his artwork? My only minor gripe is no half-orc iconic character?! Okay, that has NOTHING to do with this screen and everything to do with my love for playing half-orcs.

5 stars. This is the DM screen by which others will be judged in the future.
22 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 24, 2016
great look and easy to read charts
on July 29, 2017
Exactly what my Grandson was looking for. The GM Screen is very helpful when setting up adventures on Pathfinder. He loves it!
on August 6, 2013
Lots of good, compact detail for GMs including skill modifiers, combat modifiers, condition modifiers, and miscellaneous DCs that are just good to know (like, how difficult it would be to break down a wooden door).

Allocations for experience, treasure values, and DCs for any number of situations. Having the information handy -- even for a seasoned GM -- is always better than stopping play to look things up in the rulebook.

The hard-cover quality and large four-panel construction of the screen makes a big difference when you're trying to conduct secret rolls, especially with a larger group. The only downside is that if you're playing on a smaller table, the screen can potentially take up space a smaller screen wouldn't. This small detail, however, should not deter any GM from purchasing this resource. And Amazon has it priced right.
on January 16, 2018
The perfect thing to protect me from my players!
on September 23, 2017
This is a stunning piece of artwork and has all the details you need to run a great game of D&D. I highly recommend this for any 3.5 DM!!
on May 20, 2013
Nothing negative to report. Just a really captivating screen. I have considered not using it all the time though cause sometimes my wife gets a little side tracked and I find her zoning into the screen and not the scene. Only thing I would have liked different is if there was a bit on what can be done in a round and provokes an attack of opportunity, and maybe made a little bit bigger to accommodate the extra info. But other than the negligible stuff I would definitely recommend this screen to someone in the market for one.
on February 24, 2010
I love the art and the sturdy construction. It folds out into four panels, two are skill DC's, one panel for combat and one for miscellaneous. The choice of charts left a lot to be desired. A DM screen should have charts that you use frequently. How often will I use the huge chart detailing all of the wind modifiers to my Fly Skill DC? I do like that they put page references for all the charts they included. I think many of the charts should have been left as only a page reference. Things that I think are vital to a GM screen, like the Attack of Opportunity chart, were left out. This will make a nice replacement for my 3.5 screen but I will need to continue to use it in conjunction with my Ebberon screen.

5 Star rating on Art and Construction
3 Star rating on Content

4 Star Overall
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2013
Great artwork, and offers perfect concealment for the screwing I plan to visit upon my players. This screen's opaqueness ensures they are unable to see the host of monsters, traps, and railroading plot twists I am holding in store for them. The only complaint I have is that if it were soundproof, it would also hide my girlish giggles at the thought of imminent TPKs I'm about to unleash.

Also, the backside is covered with charts and tables perfect for setting the die rolls they have to make JUST out of their reach.
on March 2, 2014
Just started playing Pathfinders and I was looking for something like this. I thought of this when still reading through the Beginner's Box and was watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory and saw the guys playing D&D. I saw them using a GM Screen for their game and so I started to look for something for Pathfinder. I found this and was BLOWN away to see that it's so much more than a screen to do my dice rolls behind. It also had stat listings on it and refers back to the Core Rulebook.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question