- File Size: 710 KB
- Print Length: 306 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: De Minimis; 1 edition (May 4, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 4, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01EJIWVC8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #105,483 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $11.96 (80%)
The Patient Killer (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 4) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 306 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I can say that I might not read anymore of these novels.
DCI Morton 'catches' a series of unusual crimes which turn out to have a medical theme to them. As events unfold and a suspect is in custody, it is the 'Crown's Prosecutor' who takes over the cases. Will he be able to make the jury understand all that is at stake?
I enjoyed how this writing duo interwove the medical and legal aspects alongside the human interest. There were plenty of plot twists and turns as well. Great job gentlemen.
Warning: This is for Mature Audiences due to Violence as well as Adult and Sexual Situations.
At the first meeting to discus the case the medical examiner says that the DNA evidence will not be back for a week or so. Approximately a half page later he tells us that all the evidence collected from the scene shows the same mitochondrial DNA. So which is it, the DNA typing has been done, or hasn't?
The cops go to interview some witnesses to confirm their suspects' alibi. Even though there is no reason to think these witnesses were anything other than people who were at the same party, and apparently normal, ordinary, law-abiding citizens, one of the cops assaults one of them within SECONDS of meeting them, apparently out of pique because he'd dared to whistle at her beauty. And her experienced superior is apparently perfectly happy with her actions. REALLY??
At the scene of the second murder, the M.E. announces confidently that there aren't any puncture wounds in the body. At this point the body is still suspended from the ceiling, fully clothed! No way has he even looked at the vast majority of the body's skin. And he appears to be the only 'scene of the crime' investigator there, has no concern about preserving or even looking for evidence such as footprints or fingerprints, and he snaps a single photograph of the body and that's apparently good enough record of the crime scene!
Then he asks the policeman to assist him in cutting down the body, specifically saying to cut the rope above the knot (to preserve it for evidence, obviously) but the policeman -- who, again, we are apparently to believe is a well-experience DCI -- proceeds to 'fumble with the knot'. Right.
The writers of this book have no idea of how crime scenes are investigated. They cannot remember if DNA results are in or not for two pages. They have their cops physically assaulting as-far-as-they-know witnesses for no reason.
All I can conclude is these writers have no business writing a police procedural, and I cannot waste any more time reading such an incompetently written book.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Heist
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Organized Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Serial Killers
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Heist
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Organized Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals