Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 15, 2012
I took a risk considering there wasn't any reviews yet on this model from Amazon, but I went with my gut feeling and it's truly a great product. 128GB still blows my mind since it's compacted into this tiny card, but the writing and reading speeds are just as advertised if not faster at specific moments. I was also considering the San Disk Extreme 128GB SD model but I already have an older 8GB model that I had to re-format for no reason so I didn't want to risk it again. (Thank god that's just my DSLR SD Card, which all the pictures were in Lightroom already.)

I'm got this card to use with my MacBook Pro, and will be keeping the card in the SD slot at all times. I needed extra space on my computer for the Native Instruments Komplete 8 suite (75-80gb) because I had the data written on my internal drive but it was constantly taking up too much space. I didn't want to always carry around an external hard drive since I like to produce in the living room, my bed, and even friend's houses sometimes. So this card was perfect since it allowed me to save all the data to read from yet act like it's an internal SATA drive since it barely sticks out of the MacBook Pro. The read speeds are incredible, I noticed a big improvement since I USED to have the data on the 7200rpm internal SATA, and loading samples in Kontact and Massive are noticeably faster. I've only had it for 3 days at this point, but it's definitely and impressive SD Card and I give props to Patriot for it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a similar situation or anyone who really takes a lot of video on a DSLR.
on April 17, 2013
I own seven class 10 flash drives and the Patriot PEF64GSXC10233 EP Series 64GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Drive is the fastest in every way. The Patriot SD card has the least amount of lag between pictures when I use my Sony HX200 camera. A yellow line pops up on the screen saying "processing" between shots and will not let me take another picture until the line is completely gone. Ive used the Sony 40 mb/s and 35 mb/s, the SanDisk 45 mb/s Extreme and 30mb/s Ultra, a Gskill, a Samsung and a Transcend, all class 10. The patriot has the least amount of lag, it is noticeably faster than any of the other cards I own.

I also use my sd cards to transfer large movie files. My dvd collection has been converted/ripped then put on all kinds of flash drives. Again this Patriot reads and writes the fastest out of all the SD flash drives I have tried. When Im in a hurry to transfer five to ten GB movies the Patriot is the flash drive I use knowing it will take the least amount of time.

As far reliability Ive been using the Patriot for about 3 months and never had any type of problem. Ive been using all types of SD cards for about 18 months without any problems. When I need to buy another class 10 flash card it will be this Patriot for sure. Cant beat the price/speed combination.
on February 5, 2013
Rated at 50 Read MB/s and 35 Write MB/s and when I ran CrystalDiskMark 64 Sequential speed testing on my HP Elitebook with the SDHC card in the slot it tested at 53.96 MB/s read and 38.17 MB/s write.

While I can't attest to the long term reliability I can say that for the price this smokes a lot of the other offerings claiming UHS Class 10 speeds but falling short on real life testing and benchmarks.

I will update my review after 6 months and a few vacation trips as I plan on using these in my two new cameras and camcorder. Although the 64GB version will not work in most internal readers I am sticking with the 32GB version.

Hoping to stay this impressed six months from now... Way cheaper than the Lexar Professional that i was looking at.
on December 10, 2012
I bought this card for my Macbook Pro with Retina display. I transfer files from the macbook to my main computer and vice&versa.
The speeds are really good, a 5mb file takes merely few seconds while big 10gb files are only a matter of minutes.
The sticker has worn out but it's not really important.

I previously had a 128Gb from Lexar and while it was a little bit cheaper, it was noticeably slower.

When I read a movie with VLC directly from the SD card, it can sometimes freeze a little bit. Other programs, I didn't notice such issue so I am confident it's more a software problem than hardware. You can stock your songs and movies easily.

However, just be extremely careful when you use this on a mac, as 1cm won't be inside the computer and you may (like me) break the card should your laptop fall on the ground. It felt from the bed (cm) onto the floor and the card simply was cut in half.

I am now considering buying this card again, or the faster one from Patriot.

Anyway, good card and good value. 128GB is plenty to store, juste know that it's a very easily broken/lost item (like any flash card).
I now have a 24 megapixel camera with quite large files to save to memory. I needed both a lot more storage and faster too. This card fills the bill and I've noticed a marked improvement in memory access time.

I didn't do any sophisticated tests so I don't have data to report. What I know is this card, compared to the 16GB Class 10 card I was using, is much faster.
on September 1, 2013
Patriot EP 16Gb SD Card. I liked this item so much, because it gives me 3 times the reading speed of any other SD Card, that I have found. Getting this card for Windows Ready Boost, sped up my computer's read by about 3 times. I've used Ready Boost before with Patriot, HP and other drives; these are SD cards and flash drives, with memory increasing factors of about 1 time [Ready Boost works on Windows Vista, 7, and possibly 8]. This Patriot EP though, can speed up my computer reads times 3, from the read ahead's in memory. I would recommend this Patriot EP Card, over all other devices for the computer, as it gives a $20.00 increase in the read speed, times 3. You can't even come close to beating this Patriot EP 16Gb Card, or the Patriot EP 32, 64 or 128 cards. What a winner.
on January 15, 2013
I purchased this SD card to store all my files on for my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook since the built in drive is small, 128GB SSD. Worked fine for months. Every now and then seems to not read or got message saying disk was dirty. Ran check disc and no problems were observed. As of today, the drive will read sometimes and sometimes not work. I plan to backup and return to manufacture.

Nov 2013 update: Mysteriously, I switched the card to another computer, an HP folio. It has worked flawlessly since. Not sure what happened, so I upped my rating to 4 star.
on August 22, 2012
I've bought a few of these cards and they are just about as fast in my Sony A57 DSLT camera as the Sandisk Extreme SDXC cards I've bought.

Seem to work well and so far have had no issues with them at all.

The prices of these cards make it hard not to purchase them and when there's a price cut on them it's even harder not to pick up 1 or 2 more.

Especially when you can get the Patriot 64GB SDXC card currently for about 25 bucks cheaper than the equivalent Sandisk card.
on August 17, 2012
Bought the 64Gb version of the Patriot card about a month ago and have not had any performance issues so far. I am using the card in my Canon T3, and the extra storage capacity is awesome. I have snapped a few hundred pictures and it still reads as if I have 9999 pictures remaining. In Full automatic mode, the camera just keeps snapping pictures, I have yet to reach a buffering point. Overall this has been a great card, and a great value at the lightning deal I purchased it on.
on December 11, 2013
Decided to give these cards a try after issues with one of my Sandisk cards. I use 2 of these Patriot cards exclusively with my GH3. They are fast, affordable and haven't failed yet (cross fingers). The price on these cards has gone up since I first purchased them. I should have snagged two more when they were on sale! Patriot makes another less expensive 64GB model that I might try out next.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question