Patriot Products CSV-2515 14 Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Purchase Patriot's Electric Cord now and EXTEND YOUR CHIPPER’S WARRANTY ONE YEAR.
- The quiet, smooth, maintenance free electric motor starts with just the flip of a switch.
- Easily shred mountains of leaves by sliding them into the large hopper on the top of the unit.
- The Patriot will make coin-sized chips out of branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- All processed material will discharge out the side of the machine into the standard collection bag.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Sun Joe CJ602E-RED 15 Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Shredder, Red
CJ601E 14-Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Shredder
WORX WG430 13 Amp Foldable Bladeless Electric Leaf Mulcher,Red
WEN 41121 15-Amp Rolling Electric Wood Chipper and Shredder
Landworks Wood Chipper"Improved" Shredder Electric with Hopper Attachment Light Duty 17:1 Reduction 15-Amp 1800 Watts 120V AC"Improved Chipper"
|Sold By||Patriot Products, Inc.||Amazon Warehouse||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||WEN Products||GreatCircleUSA|
|Item Dimensions||35.00 x 24.00 x 37.00 inches||19.70 x 17.30 x 37.80 inches||37.50 x 17.00 x 19.00 inches||22.60 x 22.60 x 13.20 inches||21.00 x 16.50 x 36.00 inches||20.00 x 15.67 x 37.99 inches|
Our most popular model! This Electric Chipper Shredder is the only one of its kind on the market today. Our unit will chip branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. It is also ideal for shredding leaves. There are no hassles with gas or oil. It turns on with the flip of a switch. It can be used inside your garage, basement or hothouse. This workhorse has no ugly fumes. It plugs into your standard 110 volt outlet. You will need a good heavy-duty extension cord of less than 100 ft as this unit draws 14 amps of electricity. The electric chipper shredder weighs less than 100 pounds and comes with large wheels for easy transport around your home and yard. See for yourself why this valuable yard and garden tool received the National Home Gardening Club Member Tested Seal-of-Approval. We are also excited to report that in the summer of 2009 our electric chipper was rated a "Best Buy" by Consumers Digest magazine. This honor is given to less than 3% of the products tested and our chipper has received this honor for a FOURTH time. This unit comes complete with a 2-year warranty, a standard-size collection bag, and safety goggles. The Patriot Electric Chipper Shredder has a number of available accessories, SOLD SEPARATELY, designed specifically to improve your chipping and shredding experience. The Patriot 100 Ft Extension Cord guarantees to deliver the power you need; and when purchased with your New Patriot Electric Wood Chipper, your chipper's warranty is automatically extended one year. The Patriot Chipper Buddy provides a safe and easy way to help clear material from your wood chipper leaf shredder. The Patriot Gator Grabber makes easy work of feeding piles of leaves into the hopper, of your chipper shredder, without the need to bend over. The Patriot Jumbo Collection Bag holds twice the volume of the standard-size collection bag, so you can shred more leaves before you need to empty the bag.
From the Manufacturer
If you're in the market for serious lawn equipment for homeowners and professionals alike, you've come to the right place. At Patriot Products, we specialize in delivering the best machines at highly competitive prices. Our extensive line of lawn and garden tools is designed to make tackling even the biggest of jobs a breeze. Patriot Products in an American company that specializes in providing top-of-the-line lawn maintenance equipment. This Electric Chipper Shredder is the only one of its kind on the market today. Our unit will chip branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. It is also ideal for shredding leaves. There are no hassles with gas or oil. It turns on with the flip of a switch. It can be used inside your garage, basement or hothouse. This workhorse has no ugly fumes. It plugs into your standard 110 volt outlet. You will need a good heavy-duty extension cord of less than 100 ft as this unit draws 14 amps of electricity. The electric chipper shredder weighs less than 100 pounds and comes with large wheels for easy transport around your home and yard. See for yourself why this valuable yard and garden tool received the National Home Gardening Club Member Tested Seal-of-Approval. We are also excited to report that in the summer of 2009 our electric chipper was rated a "Best Buy" by Consumers Digest magazine. This honor is given to less than 3% of the products tested and our chipper has received this honor for a SECOND time. This unit comes complete with a 2-year warranty, a collection bag, and safety goggles.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have had this machine for less than a year so I have not had to change any part yet. I have a pretty big yard with many oak, maple, and pine trees, the machine makes Fall cleanup much easier and produces nice mulch for the garden and material for the compost. Overall a well built machine for home use. I would recommend it.
----- Update ----
It lasted one season then two of the three bolts that hold the cone to the housing broke. I called Patriot Products since it was still under warranty. They asked me to send them pictures via their firstname.lastname@example.org email address. I sent them the pictures at the start of December and again in mid-February. It has been over three months I still have no response from them. It was nice when it lasted but it is a lot of money for a machine that lasted only one season.
I found a $99 chipper with 2 knives. It almost does better than this $1100 plus chipper.
I would be happy with this chipper if I had paid less than $300. I feel I got ripped off.
1) Follow the user manual!
2) Use 20-amp circuit
3) If you feed large limbs too quickly, it will blow your fuse.
4) I live in a residential area, and my neighbors love the machine, because it is quiet.
5) The bagger that comes with the machine works great.
6) Its extremely convenient to use and exceptionally well built
3/31/2020 update: this is my fifth year and it still is going strong! I have no complaints. So why does it work so well with only an 1 HP electric motor. The answer is it has a very heavy flywheel (approx 50 lbs.) and it has only one cutter blade attached to its circumference; the design is pure genius. When handling heavier limbs 1 to 2 inches in diameter, don’t feed it in fast. Go “feed one second —pause one second, feed one second, pause one second,... until it is through. Believe me, I have at lease 40 hours on this machine (and perhaps more)—if you don’t rush feeding larger limbs, it will not struggle and the work will get done quicker than you would think. Another thing: I bag my chips to use these as mulch around the garden. Don’t wait until the bag gets too full! If you allow the bag to become completely full, the chips will back up discharge shoot and clogo the machine, and believe me, you don’t want that. You’ll have to clear out the blockage. After clogging the machine several times when first using it, I learned my lesson, and have not clogged up the machine in several years.
Let me address several of the concerns mentioned in other reviews:
1) WET LEAVES: The worst reviews are from people who tried to shred wet leaves. This will be a problem for just about any shredder, so if you need to shred wet leaves, do extensive research and you'll almost certainly have to eliminate any electric shredders. I live in Seattle (frequently have wet leaves in the fall), and I've learned how to wait until the leaves have had a couple days of "air time" to dry out before shredding. Don't rake them into a pile if you're not going to shred them immediately. Once the pile gets wet, your leaves will be very hard to shred since the middle of the pile stays wet and starts to get slimy as it decomposes.
2) GREEN STUFF: This shredder absolutely CAN shred certain green yard debris. Green branches are no problem. Green laurel leaves are no problem (I shredded trimmings from about 100' of 8-foot laurels). It could be that some green leaves turn "pulpy" and build up, which does occur on occasion.
3) CLOGGING: When buildup does occur, I have ALWAYS been able to clear the buildup with a bent wire (about the gauge of a coat hanger) without disassembling everything. First turn off the shredder and unplug it. Unscrew just the front cone (requires loosening one bolt and removing one other). Feed the wire into the output port where the bag attaches and pull out any clogs. Then, feed the wire into the front port where the cone attaches, along the bottom of the fly wheel and pull out any clogs built up along that bottom. Done.
4) FEEDING: I always have a 2 or 3 foot stick (1/2" to 3/4" thick) handy to help fluff the leaves in the top hopper and help them feed into the shredder. This is not a big hassle that some have described. Be careful not to push that stick too far down into the blades, though.
5) CHIPPING: This chipper AMAZED me when I got ambitious and chipped a 20' branch that I think was about 2.5" diameter at the thickest. Whatever diameter it was, it just barely fit through the bottom of the cone. It did require me to carefully control the feed rate and hold the branch tightly (with gloves). But after it got down below 1.5" thickness, I pretty much let gravity feed it and loosened my grip. It took me about 15-20 minutes to chip the entire branch, and I got a large bag of beautiful, fairly uniform wood-chip mulch for the flower beds from it.
6) SHUTOFF: There is a thermal shutoff that does a great job of protecting the motor. It has tripped a few times while I was feeding damp leaves and the motor bogged down. If you listen to the motor, you can adjust your feed rate to minimize the motor dragging.
Overall, I highly recommend this chipper / shredder for fairly heavy home use.
Top international reviews
not translated, easy to understand (just the opposite of an Ikea "manual").
Very happy !