Patriot Products CVB-2455H 24-Inch Honda Gas Powered Walk Behind 3-In-1 Leaf Vacuum/Chipper/Blower
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear a wide 24-inch path in a single pass
- Chip fallen branches into tiny pieces by feeding them into the cone
- With the flip of a handle you can convert this hungry beast into a powerful blower
- The Honda engine delivers all the smooth, quiet, fuel efficient power you will need to make fall clean-up a breeze
- CARB compliant
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I will try to update this review after fall foliage season, but at this early point this vacuum/chipper/blower easily exceeds my expectations. BTW, my profile says Orange County, Ca. I now live in eastern Maryland. I have a 1.5 acre property heavily populated by numerous oak and maple trees as tall as 80 ft. I get a tremendous leaf fall!
This unit is available with either a Briggs or Honda engine. I spent a 23 year corporate career with American Honda.Read more ›
Engine/impeller: Honda GX series engines are great, and I’m glad I went with this engine option. Plenty of power, seems fuel efficient. Starts on the first pull for me every time. However, I will note that the pull is heavy. This is a result of the mass of the impeller mounted directly to the drive shaft (a standard configuration in push vacs). Naturally, this will have a heavier pull than your lawn mower, because the impeller has much more material/mass than lawn mower blades. The impeller seems well constructed with heavy gauge steel and should last many years without issue. I haven’t worn through a set of flail blades yet, so I’ve yet to see how long they last.
Operation: Set the throttle and go. If you want to use the blower, simply flip the lever near the deck. When vacuuming, the unit gets very heavy when the bag fills. No surprise there, but you definitely notice the weight since this unit is not self-propelled. As the unit takes on leaves/weight, I find it sometimes difficult to push through the grass. I wonder if taller wheels would be helpful for getting over uneven lawn areas (of which I have many). Sometimes it feels like I’m pushing the wheels through the grass rather than the wheels rolling over the grass. I’ve thought about trying wider pneumatic ones.
Bag: I don’t love the zipper closure.Read more ›
* Came delivered on a small pallet and assembly was pretty easy.
* I found starting was a little tricky, I found it best to put the throttle almost all the way forward. It didn't seem to start when all the way forward.
* Good vacuum power, but too many leaves it may clog the snout. Handles wet leaves pretty well in moderation. Best bet is to tilt it back and lower the front slowly when dealing with large piles of leaves.
* Blower is strong and works well on dry leaves, I have to tilt it back to get low for the wet packed down leaves. It would be nice if there was an adjustable flap to divert the air flow. I find it easier to blow the leaves onto a hard surface and then vacuum them up.
* When the bag is full (sooner if a bunch of chipped branches or wet leaves) will cause the front end to lift.
* Emptying the bag is a little awkward and messy because I have to put the leaves in bags or barrels., I also believe any bag would be the same.
* I wish the size of the shredded leaves was smaller, but does a decent job.
* The chipper is fantastic, I get a lot of small branches/twigs in my yard and when I trim the neighboring trees branches over my fence. Granted all the bending to get rid of a large amount of branches leaves my hamstrings sore, but the fact that it handles everything I put at it, it is a minor pain.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent vac!! Does what it is expected to do. It is definitely very difficult to start so if you are an older person, you may need some help getting it started. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Anthony I.
I usually don't write reviews, but I find them helpful and my wife won't buy anything without reading them first -so I will start
-Honda... Read more
Excellent machine. It works as expected. Saves me so much time and effort cleaning up my leaves, Reduces the number of bags filled by a lot. Chipper comes in handy also.Published 23 months ago by JOHN CATZIN
This is the second Patriot Lawn Vaccum that I have owned. I am pleased with the performance and I like the upgrades that have been made over the previous model. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Carolyn Gandy
I use this machine at my cabin and my home. That adds up to a lot of leaves. The Patriot never misses a beat. This machine has made my fall chores much, much simpler. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Kevin Ray
This Patriot vacuum/shredder is excellent when it comes to getting rid of the leaves. I DO, however, have 2 issues with it. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Gayle Sapp