Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 10, 2011
Never owned a Flash drive before, which perplexes me, since I do video production for a living! Anyway, I recently bought a wireless MP3 player for my new van, and it has a USB input for Flash drive insertion. So I bought the Patriot 2Gb drive, as the MP3 player review said it was recommended to use a 2Gb, and the Patriot drive was such a low price, that I couldn't pass it up. The only I thing I don't like is that the lanyard hole on the drive is so small, that it will only accept a thread for a lanyard. Other than that, performs flawlessly. My 64-bit AMD Vista computer recognized the drive right away, with no extra drivers needed, and away I went, transferring MP3'r right away. Nice purchase!
on February 17, 2011
Ever since they added the ability to use a USB flash drive on the Xbox 360, I've been wanting to get a 16 GB one. I picked this one up for $22 from Amazon and I'm loving it.

It only has 14.4 GB usable space when formatted by the 360, but that's more than enough to store a whole game on. It flashes red whenever it reads or writes but the light is inside the plastic, which makes it kind of a dull light.

The cap that goes over the end of the drive is very easy to lose since you have nowhere to put it while you use it. This isn't a problem for me since I just leave it plugged in to my console all the time, but it will be a problem if you bring this drive with you and use it anywhere. I knocked off a star in my rating because of this alone...

I used HD_Speed (a program to test flash drive speed) and the results were:
Read: 22.7MB/s
Write: 14.5MB/s
Read + Write: 8.3MB/s

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. If you need a drive for school or work or anything portable, this is probably not the best choice for you because of the cap design. But if you need a cheap alternative to a hard drive for the Xbox 360, then this is perfect.
on August 23, 2011
At the time I bought this flash drive it was about $5 (2GB). I was looking for an inexpensive flash drive to back up some files of mine, and this did the trick. My favorite part about this flash drive is that it is NOT loaded with anything...no bloatware, no software trials, nothing! I've had flash drives that auto-boot some trial software and that can be infuriating.

Speeds are nowhere near speeds you can achieve if you just spend a few extra bucks, but for simple uses (and being cheap) I highly recommend this flash drive.
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2011
While it's true that this isn't the fastest flash drive by a significant margin, it's ideal if you just need to transfer files from one machine to the other in the easiest and cheapest manner. 4GB for six bucks is a steal compared to models in retail stores that sell for 8-10 times as much. It works with no pre-installed software on both Windows Vista and Windows 7. The build quality isn't much to get excited about but it's a great 'no frills' solution.
on September 1, 2012
Although the USB flash drive works fine as an external data storage (not using it as ready boost), it's casing is made out of cheap plastic and glued together so that it came apart when I first touched it. I had to reapply glue to the casing in order to maintain it in place. I have no issues with the storage system itself but I have to be very carefull when inserting this piece to a usb port. Two stars because this drive is supposed to be portable, but disassembles at the slightest touch.
on May 28, 2011
This flash drive seems to work just fine, and was less price than most other brands. My only problem was that the drive is formatted in FAT32. So I just reformatted it in NTFS to accomodate files larger than 4GB (Just in case, since I plan to backup vacation videos on it while traveling.) I have not had it long, so I cannot say how durable it is. So far, so good!
on May 22, 2011
When I switched to a slim Xbox 360 250GB I kept my semi-dead 360 (the drive was about to die) as an emergency spare and sent its 60GB drive to a friend. The slim Xbox 360 fried its power supply within warranty, and Microsoft expected me to wait for up to 10 days for the part swap (took twice that). This happened the week that Tiger Woods 12: The Masters, came out, a game I was actually looking forward to. This left me with a spare 360 and no storage.

I didn't want to tie my only 8GB flash drive, so I ordered the Patriot 16GB. It was incredibly cheap, almost half of what I paid for my 8GB just a year ago. And it worked perfectly, I installed Tiger Woods 12 to it, and ALL of the DLC that was issued on launch day (both the Eagle and Birdie packs) and not a single crash in over three weeks of intensive gaming.

Physically it isn't much, it is just a cheap looking drive, without even a lanyard, and the cap is too easy to lose. But it works great, and the price is right. I am not even worried about the cap, I would rather have a drive with a fixed USB plug and no cap than a drive with a retractable plug and a messed up release mechanism.
on December 7, 2012
Purchased several of these for business and personal use for use on all types of platforms (Win, OSX, Linux, etc.) and speed is very sub-par. Regardless of platform or format, speeds are abysmal. Bought these based on the reviews of others regarding speed and I'm sorry to say they were way off. Throughput on large files (e.g. 9GB MKV) maxes out at 4MB/s and read speeds are equal - even using TeraCopy on Windows the speeds are no better. Keep in mind this is real-world file transfer speeds, not the results of a synthetic benchmark.

Hope this review helps someone out - if you need a general purpose USB drive this would be fine, but don't expect stellar performance.
on December 30, 2011
This product is excellent. I like Patriot products. I had a problem once with a Kingston 4GB drive where it reverted to 1GB after many uses, I think that was due to a bad linux download. Anyway, I have never had any problems with Patriot. I purchased this item at Amazon, and of course their service is always superb.
on November 1, 2016
Good seller, recommend.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.