|Item model number||PEF64GSRUSB|
|Item Weight||0.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.1 x 0.9 x 0.4 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||2.1 x 0.86 x 0.41 inches|
Patriot 64GB Supersonic Rage Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Up To 180MB/sec- PEF64GSRUSB
|Price:||$27.84 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to 180MB/s Read
- Up to 50MB/s Write
- Durable design extends the life of your drive
- Rubber coated housing protects from drops, spills, daily abuse
- Retractable design protects USB connector when drive not in use
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Patriot 64GB Supersonic Rage Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Up To 180MB/sec- PEF64GSRUSB
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||17th Street Photo|
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 GB||128 GB||128||64 GB|
|Color||Black, Blue||Black, Blue||Black||Black|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Patriot 64GB Supersonic Rage Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive
With Up To 180MB/sec
USB 3.0 ready, the Supersonic Rage XT provides read/write speeds of up to 180MB/s (read) and 50MB/s (write) to tear through large file transfers.
Safely Take Your Data Anywhere
A custom slide to connect ultra-portable, ultra-durable rubberized housing offers best in class protection from wear and tear.
Piece of Mind
Fully backed by Patriot Memory’s award winning customer service, the Supersonic Rage XT carries a 5 year warranty.
- High transfer speed: up to 180MB/s Read; up to 50MB/s Write
- Hi Speed USB 3.0 compatible (backwards compatible to USB 2.0)
- Plug and Play Compatibility
- Durable design extends the life of your drive with rubber coated housing that protects from drops, spills, daily abuse
- Ultra-portable slide to connect housing
- Retractable design protects USB connector when drive not in use
- Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Linux 2.4 and later, Mac OS9, X and later.
Top Customer Reviews
It has been hard to find some speeds for this drive so I wanted to provide feedback for people looking for a fast USB 3.0 drive with a great value. These tests are with the drive formatted NTFS, but I provided Crystal results below for FAT32 as well. The test machine is a quad core i7 with 16GB of RAM and a Crucial M4 512GB SSD as the system disk.
I am getting 168MB/s read and almost 47MB/s write speeds on large files > 1GB which match with what Crystal Disk Mark is reporting.
Crystal Disk Mark 3.0.1 x64 Win7 formatted NTFS:
seq 168.2 46.71
512 134.8 1.156
4k 6.055 0.034
4kq 6.666 0.050
seq 168.2 46.87
512 100.5 0.896
4k 5.836 0.032
4kq 6.170 0.039
I haven't had any problems with the drive in any way, but only used it between two different systems.
I took the memory stick out of the package and I transferred 55.4 GIG on files to the stick that averaged 660 MB per file. The files were transferred to the memory stick in 20 minutes and 24 seconds at an average speed of 45.2 MB/second. The stick is rated at 50 MB/s writing speed so this was a good result
I then wrote the same files to a SATA III hard drive and using 2% of the computer's CPU capacity. It took 9 minutes and 10 seconds to read the data and write it to the SATA III drive at an average speed of 100.1 MB/s.
I then read the USB drive and wrote 20.1 GB of files to a SSD SATA III drive and the average speed was 112 MB/s. This memory stick performed very well under these tests also. The stick is rated at read speed of up to 180 MB/s and the max I saw was 137 MB/s which is a respectable result.
I liked the fact that the drive has a retractable USB cover and it is nice to protect the USB plug from damage. The rubberized coating also makes it easy to hold onto.
I rate this product as a five star for its memory size, speed and overall performance and construction. It is a good tool to have around to help transfer files between systems. This memory stick does come with a 5 year warranty. I recommend it to you!
I was provided a sample unit for test and evaluation and I promised to give a fair and honest review.
If you're a Mac user setting up or erasing this flash/thumb drive up with your computer is super easy follow these steps.
1. Plug in the the drive
2. Open up disk utility found in your applications folder inside the utilities folder
3. Next select the newly plugged in a thumb drive and on the right-hand side you should see partition click on that.
4. Then inside that screen on the partition layout drop-down choose how many partitions you'd like to set up. I generally go with one partition and just use folders to organize my files.
5. Then on the right-hand side you can name the partitions and select the format. If you are transferring video files I highly recommend you choose Mac OS Extended as it can handle files over 4 GB. Sometimes it's good to make two partitions and one using "MS-DOS fat" if you might be transferring files to and from a Windows machine. The reason is Windows machines and Macs can read and write to the "MS-DOS fat" format but your files will need to be under 4 GB each as that's the maximum file size it can handle.
6. Then click apply and your Mac will create all the partitions you wanted and you're good to go.
Thanks for reading [...].
There are faster USB 3.0 flash drives out there, but not at this price. I am using this with USB 3.0
ports built into my motherboard.
I copied about 3 gigs of large files to this drive, and the write speed was 44 megabytes/sec. Very nice,
and close to the rated speed.
Next, I turned off my PC so there would be no files sitting in a cache or buffer.
After turning my PC back on, I copied the same 3 gigs of files from this Patriot drive to the SSD drive
in my PC, and the transfer rate was an eye-popping 160 megabytes/sec. Awesome!
My old USB 2.0 flash drive could write at about 15 MB/sec, so this is a nice upgrade.
I like that Patriot quotes the true performance of this drive. Sandisk, for example, does not
quote the write speed of their USB 3.0 flash drive, they only mention 'up to 190 MB/sec transfer rate':
SanDisk Extreme 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive SDCZ80-032G-AFFP
I went to the Sandisk website, but write speed numbers are not listed there either.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Working fine for my needs. I'm using it for back-up of a new laptop.Published 8 hours ago by Oilypat
Super-fast file copy and retrieval. Plug it in to any computer, it mounts right away. A bit pricier than other USB memory sticks, but well worth the cost.Published 2 days ago by J. Marin
I have run Patriot memory in many of my gaming pc's with solid performance every time. I have also ordered 2 of these 32GB Supersonic Rage 3. Read morePublished 6 days ago by ziponein
A very fast and affordable USB storage device. Also very practical for pocket operating systems due to it's speeds. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Shane Kimble
Does all I want it to do. Plenty of storage space for photos.Published 10 days ago by stephen j cloonan
What a waste of money! My drive only says that it has 2 gigs available after a recent format and their repair tool doesn't work. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer